• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear tbs sir,
In one of the posts/threads, I happened to note that youwere from the Indian Army. I seek someadvice from you. My son, who is a BEfrom Chennai, joined Indian Army as a Technical Graduate Course candidatethrough SSB, and is now undergoing training for a permanent commission in IMA. He finds the training very tough and feels hemay not be able to cope with it and wants to return. I am writing this to you as I don’t have anyarmy officers here who can advice me as to how I should tackle the situation.What would be your advice? Do you think he should come back if he can’t manageor he should tough it out? Moreover, will he be required to go to the Frontwith rifles et al despite being a professional, technical candidate, selectedexclusively for his tech qualification? Can you throw some light on this for me.
Thanks and Regards
apsarathy

Dear tbs sir,
In one of the posts/threads, I happened to note that youwere from the Indian Army. I seek someadvice from you. My son, who is a BEfrom Chennai, joined Indian Army as a Technical Graduate Course candidatethrough SSB, and is now undergoing training for a permanent commission in IMA. He finds the training very tough and feels hemay not be able to cope with it and wants to return. I am writing this to you as I don’t have anyarmy officers here who can advice me as to how I should tackle the situation.What would be your advice? Do you think he should come back if he can’t manageor he should tough it out? Moreover, will he be required to go to the Frontwith rifles et al despite being a professional, technical candidate, selectedexclusively for his tech qualification? Can you throw some light on this for me.
Thanks and Regards
apsarathy
hi sarathy sir,
i can understand your situation....i served in indian army for 17 yrs...i got volunteer retirement....i was junior commissioned officer...

its called direct entry JCO...life is very tough...no doubt....the training part is more tough...im from corps of engineer's branch....

a technical branch...still we have to go in front line....not as infantry soldiers....my advice is very clear....getting SSB is tough....

i know IMA life too...personally i feel that he can continue...after training ..life is very charming and challenging...this army

job is not 10 to 5 job....sometimes 24 hours job....sometimes technical qualifications are worth while....like life in CME in pune...

some times tech qualifications are useless..just time men management....many successful TB brahmins are in army...

like general padmanabhan is an iyengar....return from army is not easy....i heard that a lot of deficiancies in officer cadre.....

i left army and now settled in USA......im permanently settled in USA....my family and kids are here...but stilll im getting

my army pension....its purely an individual choice....just info..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back