• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Advaita - For Layman

Status
Not open for further replies.
A point about the difference between nirguna brahman and saguna brahman:

In the ocean analogy I gave, if you consider the ocean as pure consciousness, then that reality of it which is undisturbed and is still would be analogous to nirguna brahman. If you consider the above reality along with the power to cause disturbance it is saguna brahman. Because the power to disturb causes a lower reality the reality of brahman along with that power is lower brahman or ishvara or saguna brahman.

A point about the difference between nirguna brahman and saguna brahman:

In the ocean analogy I gave, if you consider the ocean as pure consciousness, then that reality of it which is undisturbed and is still would be analogous to nirguna brahman. If you consider the above reality along with the power to cause disturbance it is saguna brahman. Because the power to disturb causes a lower reality the reality of brahman along with that power is lower brahman or ishvara or saguna brahman.

I guess I am missing the point here.
If Brahman is one and all pervading what is lower and higher?
eg in space there is nothing called lower or higher, lower or higher assumes a datum. There is no datum to compare Brahman as the datum is also in brahman.

Dear Prasad,

Brahman is indeed one and all pervading. That is the truth. But that one is also perceived as many. It is that perception that is termed "lower" giving the connotation that it is not the absolute truth.

I guess I am missing the point here.
If Brahman is one and all pervading what is lower and higher?
eg in space there is nothing called lower or higher, lower or higher assumes a datum. There is no datum to compare Brahman as the datum is also in brahman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back