• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Adi Shankaracharya as ‘national philosopher

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

11DMCSHANKARACHARY_2889677e.jpg

Some time ago, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj expressed a view that Gita should be declared the “National Scripture” of India. Now, the government is contemplating to declare Adi Shankaracharya as the country’s “National Philosopher”. If media reports are to be believed then the Union government is mulling over designating the great philosopher’s birthday on May 11 as “National Philosopher’s Day”.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/me...y-of-dualism/article8714744.ece?homepage=true

Good news...but what about Ramanujacharya?

I dont think Vaishnavas would be too happy!LOL

Good news...but what about Ramanujacharya?

I dont think Vaishnavas would be too happy!LOL

Sri Sankara is the pioneer of Advaita Vedanta! He traveled from Kanyakumari to Kashmir to spread our religion! He deserves this belated recognition! Let us not create a fight!

Do not worry Karunanidhi will Campaign for Sri Ramanujacharya

The facade of Ramanuja by MuKa was just a ploy to get NB Hindu votes! He is now busy sharpening his anti sanskrit sword & has asked Tamils to beat the (dead) language with a whip so that it is thrust out of TN!

Last edited:
The facade of Ramanuja by MuKa was just a ploy to get NB Hindu votes! He is now busy sharpening his anti sanskrit sword & has asked Tamils to beat the (dead) language with a whip so that it is thrust out of TN!

So is he planning to change his name?

Karunanidhi is a pure Sanskrit name.

Sri Sankara is the pioneer of Advaita Vedanta! He traveled from Kanyakumari to Kashmir to spread our religion! He deserves this belated recognition! Let us not create a fight!

But Ramanuja went around the Vishnu Concept in terms of of Digvijaya.

So its like Subramanya going around the world and Ganesha going around Shiva-Parvati.

So who is the rightful recipient of the Jnaana Phalam in this case?

But Ramanuja went around the Vishnu Concept in terms of of Digvijaya.

So its like Subramanya going around the world and Ganesha going around Shiva-Parvati.

So who is the rightful recipient of the Jnaana Phalam in this case?

One of your quality needs quite a few applauds Renukaji, you find an argument in any thing and everything! You should have practiced Law than becoming a Doctor!! LOL..

One of your quality needs quite a few applauds Renukaji, you find an argument in any thing and everything! You should have practiced Law than becoming a Doctor!! LOL..

LOL!

You sound word for word like my mother!

My mum keeps telling me this many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back