• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Adi Shankara-Kumārila Bhaṭṭa and Madana Mishra- Can we see a chronological pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although, Hema advised us not to bring in mathematics here, I can't just resist it.

Consider these pairs of numbers:

(a) 100 and 200 - Difference is 100 and the latter is twice the former.

(b) 1000 and 1100 - Difference is the same (100), but the latter is just
1.1 times the former.

(c) 2000 and 2100 - Difference is the very same 100, but the latter is only 1.05
times the former.

The reason why I have quoted these is there is no point in digging the past beyond a point. History presents to us many facts about which we have no idea or knowledge and at the same time, accuracy of many reportings are subject of debate.

But, according to me, fixing 7 AD to 8 AD as the age of Adi Sankara will be acceptable to many dispassionate historians and devout but rational Hindus as well.

I was NOT posting about mathematics but about Madams.
I fully concurr with the time frame suggested by you and one which I have been saying is correct

I have just read the translations of the travels of Fa-Hien and Huein Tsang.Both their narratives place Madana Misra in the 8th Century AD.If some detailed research is done on the Jain scripture it will throw a lot of light.We are dealing with Adi Sankara here and NOT about Maths
Yes Indeed we are dealing with Adi Sankara considering that the Math was started by him and the math in Kanchi says it is 2500 years old!!!!

Dear all,

As I have suggested earlier, none of you are bringing forth any new fresh evidence.

This topic has a way of splitting our community. Nothing good will come of it.

Sri pbkhema, with all due respect, all the evidences have been discussed and believe me, explanations have benn proffered.

I request the posters not to carry this forward here.

Regards,
KRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back