• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A perspective after taking a break of about a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

tks

Hello debaters, Theists, Born-Again-Atheists (BAA), and everyone else including those affectionately called ABB (Anti-Brahmin Brigade)
icon7.png

Just like we have a thread to introduce ourselves it will be nice if there was a way to announce why someone may have chosen to stop posting or visiting the forum. I used to wonder if someone who was active stopped posting suddenly and I thought at least I should share my views as to why I am not posting anymore and do not intend to for a while.

I am sure no one noticed but I lost interest in this forum around the time poster DrBarani chose to stop posting more than a month ago and it was unclear what the issue around abuse of freedom of speech was. I thought DrBarani - though I do not know him anymore than anyone else here - brought fresh perspectives, witty, and really knew how to express complex topics easily and accurately with insight (e.g., Quantum Mechanics, Biological phenomena, computer science, finance, investing etc). I was surprised that this forum was unable to see value of a poster like that.

I may come once in a while to see how people are doing and do not intend to quit my login id here. In that sense I am reachable via private messages.

I generally enjoyed arguing and debating with all of you. However it is not fun to see same old ideas arising out of differing belief system articulated and reasonable debates are not possible in my view. I hope you all continue debating though ..

I saw a thread questioning intentions (of ABB messages).. I want to share my perspective here. This is just my opinion.
There are natural Poorvashrama Brahmins here (neo non-brahmin is a new term I learnt :-)) .

I think those that are for most part put down India and its history, put down Hindu accomplishments be it by Brahmin or otherwise, put down a whole 'culture' or whatever it is called (e.g., Brahminism), and constantly pre-occupied with caste differences do so because they have had hurtful experiences in the past. A contented person will find ways to uplift others rather than put down a whole group or put down their heritage or ancestors. It could be due to how they are raised. I know they all mean well because they think by such posts they are educating other members here.

One thing that is clear in my mind is that are very much needed for this forum operation. They are the life blood of this forum for most part. They help generate web traffic.

They naturally post "shocking" statement that may make average visitor to the forum think and it increases web traffic which sustains the ads which sustains the cost of this forum in my opinion. So these people are very valuable. I wish this forum be called 'South Indian Forum' and all symbols of OM and temples are removed and replaced.

In my view symbols and name of forum gets average theist who has not spent time thinking deeply about Vedas and Upanishads to join the forum. Then some are surprised at the nature of the comments in the General section which may be most visited area perhaps. After a while many lose interest but tend to keep their membership in my view.

If anyone is not happy with such statements the forum owner has stated that he cannot please everyone and that people to just disappear silently. I think it is a sage directive.

I grew up in Delhi and we were known as Madrasis. Being in USA for over 3+ decades I thought myself as Indian and may be 'South Indian' when I was this people from North India. We practiced what would be called Brahmin culture at home. I was rarely aware of the caste of anyone and did not even know the names and classifications until I came to this forum. If the members here are called TB or Tabra or Tambrams - I dont want to be one of those. I think these are derogatory terms.

I just want to be an Indian-American - period.

I came to like the posters of ABB messages too though not the messages ! But I dont like some comments like "I am calling you 'antibrahmin casteist racist bigoted' person" in this post or this quote "because you sir, are the worst of the amoeba that populate this earth." in this post. In my quick check of the forum posts I was able to pick these up in an hour or so. When I see such comments I think I will go back to my hibernation.

In any case I wish everyone well here.

Regards

PS: I could not quickly see if DrY who is the fearless 'grave yard' walker at midnight found the courage to share here what religion he was raised in though he may be a BAA now
icon7.png

Hello debaters, Theists, Born-Again-Atheists (BAA), and everyone else including those affectionately called ABB (Anti-Brahmin Brigade)
icon7.png

Just like we have a thread to introduce ourselves it will be nice if there was a way to announce why someone may have chosen to stop posting or visiting the forum. I used to wonder if someone who was active stopped posting suddenly and I thought at least I should share my views as to why I am not posting anymore and do not intend to for a while.

I am sure no one noticed but I lost interest in this forum around the time poster DrBarani chose to stop posting more than a month ago and it was unclear what the issue around abuse of freedom of speech was. I thought DrBarani - though I do not know him anymore than anyone else here - brought fresh perspectives, witty, and really knew how to express complex topics easily and accurately with insight (e.g., Quantum Mechanics, Biological phenomena, computer science, finance, investing etc). I was surprised that this forum was unable to see value of a poster like that.

I may come once in a while to see how people are doing and do not intend to quit my login id here. In that sense I am reachable via private messages.

I generally enjoyed arguing and debating with all of you. However it is not fun to see same old ideas arising out of differing belief system articulated and reasonable debates are not possible in my view. I hope you all continue debating though ..

I saw a thread questioning intentions (of ABB messages).. I want to share my perspective here. This is just my opinion.
There are natural Poorvashrama Brahmins here (neo non-brahmin is a new term I learnt :-)) .

I think those that are for most part put down India and its history, put down Hindu accomplishments be it by Brahmin or otherwise, put down a whole 'culture' or whatever it is called (e.g., Brahminism), and constantly pre-occupied with caste differences do so because they have had hurtful experiences in the past. A contented person will find ways to uplift others rather than put down a whole group or put down their heritage or ancestors. It could be due to how they are raised. I know they all mean well because they think by such posts they are educating other members here.

One thing that is clear in my mind is that are very much needed for this forum operation. They are the life blood of this forum for most part. They help generate web traffic.

They naturally post "shocking" statement that may make average visitor to the forum think and it increases web traffic which sustains the ads which sustains the cost of this forum in my opinion. So these people are very valuable. I wish this forum be called 'South Indian Forum' and all symbols of OM and temples are removed and replaced.

In my view symbols and name of forum gets average theist who has not spent time thinking deeply about Vedas and Upanishads to join the forum. Then some are surprised at the nature of the comments in the General section which may be most visited area perhaps. After a while many lose interest but tend to keep their membership in my view.

If anyone is not happy with such statements the forum owner has stated that he cannot please everyone and that people to just disappear silently. I think it is a sage directive.

I grew up in Delhi and we were known as Madrasis. Being in USA for over 3+ decades I thought myself as Indian and may be 'South Indian' when I was this people from North India. We practiced what would be called Brahmin culture at home. I was rarely aware of the caste of anyone and did not even know the names and classifications until I came to this forum. If the members here are called TB or Tabra or Tambrams - I dont want to be one of those. I think these are derogatory terms.

I came to like the posters of ABB messages too though not the messages ! But I dont like some comments like "I am calling you 'antibrahmin casteist racist bigoted' person" in this post or this quote "because you sir, are the worst of the amoeba that populate this earth." in this post. In my quick check of the forum posts I was able to pick these up in an hour or so. When I see such comments I think I will go back to my hibernation.

Regards

PS: I could not quickly see if DrY who is the fearless 'grave yard' walker at midnight found the courage to share here what religion he was raised in though he may be a BAA now
icon7.png

Hi TKS...missed you..

Originally posted by tks

Shri tks,

Thank you for the post-hibernation evaluation of this forum, its members and the quality of posts (discussions). I did notice your absence but presumed that probably Dr B and yourself entered in tandem (after knowing each other, corresponding over phone/e-mail/sms) with an agenda to cleanse this forum of all that was/is anti-brahmin according to your pov. Since Dr.B left, I thought that probably you might have felt your style of argument without Dr.B's pungent and cryptic comments, may be like sambaar without chillies, and so you have deserted the forum, to borrow Kunjuppu's phrase.

I find this forum to be like a large family of many, many siblings, all or at least all, having a tabra upbringing but now holding different shades of views on practically any topic under or even farther way from, the sun :) There are fights, reconciliations, and the stream flows on, again, quiet, like the Don.

I do hope and believe that if all the members here will participate with the feeling "I just want to be an Indian", this forum will become a dull archive, lose its traffic and may have to ultimately wind up shop. Hence all the drama, fights, emotions, etc., are welcome features imo. Your continued contributions will also enhance the liveliness of the Forum, but I do believe that its course will remain essentially unaltered inspite of such "outside audit".

Dear Dr. tks:

My observations and comments given in bold letters below:

icon7.png

I thought you Drb, and other "People of Faith" congregate via PMs... not willing to share your thoughts with others... LOL

Yes, I know DrB knows a lot like you do.... both of you and your "likes" can even move "mountains"! Lol

This is understandable... because new people come in and ask same old questions.. many are controversial...hence the debate goes on and on..... I don't see any problem here!

IMO, many people don't know the real History of India, Hinduism, Casteism and Brahminism etc etc. Or they don't want to know because of the "very unpleasant past"... Or some of them want to change or rewrite History... my view is that people should know the real History... then condemn "the unpleasant past" and move on... finally to integrate with the rest of the Society as "One Tamils or One Indians".. Caste consciousness and practice is a SIN (an Atheist talking about Sin here LOL).

I am very surprised, Dr. tks, that you did not know about the Caste Hierarchy in Hinduism, the names and classifications... you come across as a well read person... Are you really truthful when you wrote this above here?

Dr. tks, you know that very many people have called me with choicest names: A recent one said "you are a one-side brainer" (Govinda) and others have called me "Graveyard walker"!!! etc etc.... I enjoy all the kind words!

Regards

icon7.png

Dr. tks, keep enjoying your hibernation..... best wishes! :llama:

Last edited:
Hi TKS...missed you..

Hi Renu - I like many of your posts here ! You have chosen a profession that requires dedication to heal others. I know you do the same here with your Satvic qualities though sometime healing a few here may mean gross surgery with knife
icon7.png

Shri tks,

Thank you for the post-hibernation evaluation of this forum, its members and the quality of posts (discussions). I did notice your absence but presumed that probably Dr B and yourself entered in tandem (after knowing each other, corresponding over phone/e-mail/sms) with an agenda to cleanse this forum of all that was/is anti-brahmin according to your pov. Since Dr.B left, I thought that probably you might have felt your style of argument without Dr.B's pungent and cryptic comments, may be like sambaar without chillies, and so you have deserted the forum, to borrow Kunjuppu's phrase.

I find this forum to be like a large family of many, many siblings, all or at least all, having a tabra upbringing but now holding different shades of views on practically any topic under or even farther way from, the sun :) There are fights, reconciliations, and the stream flows on, again, quiet, like the Don.

I do hope and believe that if all the members here will participate with the feeling "I just want to be an Indian", this forum will become a dull archive, lose its traffic and may have to ultimately wind up shop. Hence all the drama, fights, emotions, etc., are welcome features imo. Your continued contributions will also enhance the liveliness of the Forum, but I do believe that its course will remain essentially unaltered inspite of such "outside audit".

Sri Sangom - You are an interesting person always throwing provocative statements
icon7.png

Namaskaram to you and I felt I should respond to your statements and implied questions.

I discovered this forum accidentally earlier this year. I did exchange private messages with few people here including DrB while he was active only. Often my exchanges with anyone was to ask more personal questions such as family, nature of work etc.

None of the postings here deserved in my view any coordinated response from anyone. Perhaps it may be a practice with some of you but all my responses and postings are all on my own with no input from anyone without any coordination with anyone.

I did not desert the forum, just lost interest. Everyone I came across here are believers of one kind or the other. It is not possible to have reasonable discussions with believers about their belief system.

With Theists I know areas I will never want to debate because of respect for their belief systems. They are wise and know what is reasoning based and what is belief based. I know there are many who stretch and superimpose teachings of Upanishads with ideas from today's science. I don't agree with those superimposition and in a right forum it is possible to debate if there is no interference from the other camp of believers who like to just throw darts without reason.

I dont consider myself a theist or atheist or agnostic. For all practical purposes my alignment is with theists since non-extreme theists tend to be sativic and kind. My 'avatar' is a symbol for knowledge and hence I chose that.

With wise people it may be possible to show that some of their ideas are based on belief systems.

The issue here is with the 'other-wise' people! They think they are logical but worship science. As a person of science I can say that they do not know logic as understood and practiced and their reasoning approach hardly tends to be scientific. One has to first show that they are steeped in a belief system which is almost an impossibility especially because they feel superior that they are the logical ones. It is like we have a new kind of brahmanas feeling superior because they are the only logical ones in this forum
icon7.png

I liked DrB reasoned posts and 'pungent' comments as you describe because they tended to expose the flaw in the logic of those embracing Logic!

A person may be trained in Science with advanced degrees but may not be endowed with capacity to abstract. They also may not understand or know how their behavior is influenced by their early upbringing. It is hard to argue with people that do not know what they do not know :-)

This is my first exposure to a forum of this kind.

When I have more time after full retirement in a few years I can be more active if the forum is still alive and is able to attract and retain independent thinkers!

Peace

Dear Dr. tks:

My observations and comments given in bold letters below:

Dr. tks, keep enjoying your hibernation..... best wishes! :llama:

Imam Y
icon7.png

Thanks for your response.

You can enjoy posting whatever you like since DrB or I are not here to challenge you!

I have answered some of your queries while responding to Sri Sangom.
I know when I say I am not a person of faith and I am not agnostic and I am not atheist you will not be able to understand.

In seeing some of your posts I can tell you that you have some ideas ("naturalist") that are more in alignment with ideas of Iswara as expounded in Upanishads. The problem in my view has to do with many of your conclusions - it is like someone who is starting to go in the right direction but then quickly put their hand into a proverbial கழநீர் பானை
icon10.png

Let me respond to your statement:

"
IMO, many people don't know the real History of India, Hinduism, Casteism and Brahminism etc etc. Or they don't want to know because of the "very unpleasant past"... Or some of them want to change or rewrite History... my view is that people should know the real History... then condemn "the unpleasant past" and move on... finally to integrate with the rest of the Society as "One Tamils or One Indians".. Caste consciousness and practice is a SIN (an Atheist talking about Sin here LOL)."

I do not know history - never took a course and had very little interest. People who lived in India never had idea of keeping and maintaining history. Much of what is known authentically is through what outsiders have kept.

Much of Vedas as it exists today was passed on by oral tradition without written words for a long time. I know many retrofit and rewrite history consistent with human need to exploit. So I particularly do not 'believe' in many of the conclusions of historians. My statement is my belief based and not based on reason or analysis and I have no interest in history.

However I am interested in what is available now to learn regardless of who modified what. I can study texts as they are available today if the meanings and interpretations make sense. Truths are timeless and place-less. I can see if the models proposed have values that are applicable to me. If they do I can certainly embrace them. If not I can reject them.

Hindusim as it is known today is really not an organized religion. There are all kinds of ideas and many of the intellectuals of today make things up out of trying to make sense out of ideas presented that are seemingly contradictory.

There is no such thing as Brahminism that I am aware of. There are so many practices that it is hard to put those under one umbrella.

There are scriptures that tell you precisely what to do. But then if you observe any 'Poojas' which are like 'role plays' in management workshops, often items are substituted (a few grains of rice offered to represent lots of other expensive items :-) ). So my exposure to tradition is that it is very accommodating and suggests guidelines to follow. I dont follow anything that does not have a logical basis. For example when we do role playing lessons (e.g., learn how to deal with say discrimination in work place) it is important to be immersed in it and not be saying all the time that this is just role plays. Many of Hindu traditions are like role plays.

Upanishads do not teach discrimination of anyone.

Caste issue exemplify weakness of human beings that like to exploit any order - religion, government, education, historical studies etc. So there is no need to dwell on these to lead a proper life

It is not very mature to ask everyone to be similar in my view. I think the key is to respect people the way they are. So a Hindu does not have to become a Muslim or Christian but learn to respect each other as they are. I can work well with a jewish person who says 'Jews are the chosen people' so long they dont do harm to others. I can go along with their notion of self affirmation that they are the chosen people. I think it is immature to hide differences of people. Caste is not the issue in my view. It is exploitation of caste by any means in any direction is the problem.

I am very surprised, Dr. tks, that you did not know about the Caste Hierarchy in Hinduism, the names and classifications... you come across as a well read person... Are you really truthful when you wrote this above here?

I grew up in Delhi and Kanpur (IIT). I know about Iyer, Iyengar, Palaghad Iyers, some sub castes of Iyers etc.. I never got exposed to anything else. I know about Harijans as Gandhiji called them. I read about caste in my 7th or 8th grade social studies class. I had no interest in any of these topics and after coming to USA eight after IIT there has been no discussion about caste here. In USA we tend to lump Pakistanis with Indians here! Assuming you are asking a honest question I am saying that I honestly did not know the various caste classifications. I still have no interest other than accepting the caste, race, practices and traditions of people I meet as they are.

I am OK with many of the discussions but constant pessimism, attacks, insensitive remarks, lack of respect for theists etc turn me off from this forum

There are more people like me than the kind who dwell on Caste.. Wait and watch and stay tuned
icon7.png

Peace!

Dr. Barani is NOT the first BOLD speaker who has been sacrificed in the Forum.

There have been many young and active minds put out of operation before him and there will be many more in the future.

Have no doubt!

However the world here appears to be more kindly(?) disposed to the womenfolk..which may also be due to a feeling of helplessness.

So that is the story behind the silent and sudden disappearance of our dear Jolly "Johnny who came late!"

There are more people like me than the kind who dwell on Caste.. Wait and watch and stay tuned
icon7.png

Peace!

here is a gem:

"If you don't believe in caste, then that is also a form of corruption because it is a falsification of information. Caste has to be taken into account. " udit raj, president of the confederation of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe organizations.

Occasion: Meetiing on lokpal bill at the India international centre in newdelhi on 16 sep.

Hi Renu - I like many of your posts here ! You have chosen a profession that requires dedication to heal others. I know you do the same here with your Satvic qualities though sometime healing a few here may mean gross surgery with knife
icon7.png

Dear TKS,

Thank you for reply but you know something? When you say I have Satvic qualities I take it that you haven't seen the new post I had started few days back under Chit Chat category surely not Satvic!! LOL

Dr. Barani is NOT the first BOLD speaker who has been sacrificed in the Forum.

There have been many young and active minds put out of operation before him and there will be many more in the future.

Have no doubt!

However the world here appears to be more kindly(?) disposed to the womenfolk..which may also be due to a feeling of helplessness.

So that is the story behind the silent and sudden disappearance of our dear Jolly "Johnny who came late!"

Smt VSR -

Thanks for sharing your observation.

I am reminded of the name of a movie called 'Grumpy Old Men'

When a person happens to discover this forum they are immediately drawn by the words such as OM all over the page plus pictures of various temples, artists etc. However 'General Discussions' is the first item one may click and becomes a portal to the site.

In a short time of browsing it becomes apparent that the posting reflect 'grumpy old ideas' of perhaps 'Grumpy Old Men'
icon7.png

Some months ago when I first started posting I tried to get my south indian friends to join the forum since I thought it provide something for everyone. In an era of information overload people are very selective about where they spend time and my friends including my children rejected this forum after seeing the negativity of a few.

It is only then I thought that proper responses have to be provided to some of these highly negative posts especially those denigrating Upanishads etc . For one many of such negative postings were neither scientific nor logical. In my view they arise out of a belief system steeped in ignorance reflecting the character or poster and their view of the world.

It tuned out that some of these people who are ready to generously dole out negativity also are best described as தொட்டால் சிணுங்கி
icon7.png
They are very sensitive and are ready to stage walkouts and forum needs them for traffic it seems.

Since it is a privilege to post in any forum people have option to stop contributing (or visiting) or go along with the rules.

Until things change I am convinced the forum cannot attract younger members and will be limited in its appeal

Regards

here is a gem:

"If you don't believe in caste, then that is also a form of corruption because it is a falsification of information. Caste has to be taken into account. " udit raj, president of the confederation of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe organizations.

Occasion: Meetiing on lokpal bill at the India international centre in newdelhi on 16 sep.

Gem indeed :-)

Dear TKS,

Thank you for reply but you know something? When you say I have Satvic qualities I take it that you haven't seen the new post I had started few days back under Chit Chat category surely not Satvic!! LOL

Focus in developing Satvic qualities is about preparing oneself to pursue Dharma. Kama and Artha are independent pursuits provided they are not contradictory to Dharma. The new thread you have started seem to be a lot of fun and allow many to express themselves in pursuit of harmless fun :-)

Dear Mr. tks,

"கொட்டாப்புளியும் தொட்டாச் சிணுங்கியும்"
is the expression I coined soon after joining the Forum.

தொட்டாச் சிணுங்கி does not achieve anything without its supporting group. The constant threat to leave the forum,
to get upset, and upset others... are just a few symptoms.

The
கொட்டாப்புளி on the other hand can not stand any new ideas/ views/ lines of thoughts.

It can tolerate its own look-alike and think-alike or to say
"
ஒரே குட்டையில் ஊறின மட்டைகள்."

We know that

"ஆல மரத்தின் அடியில் மற்ற செடிகள் வளரா."

But even the poisonous plants have the same effect.

"
பார்த்தீனயுமும் கூட அதையே செய்யும்."

The pity is when the
பார்த்தீனயம் mistakes itself to be the ஆல மரம்.

But the new and fertile minds should not give up so easily, leave the forum in a huff and agree to be silenced.

(In fact this is exactly what is expected of them and so they should refrain from obliging the secret wishes of their merciless oppressors)

Harder the resistance, harder must be our effort to overcome it and change the general scenery and enhance the positive vibrations in the forum.

I request every unhappy person in the Forum to ponder about this point.

with warm regards,
Mrs. V.R.
:pray2:

Smt VSR -

Thanks for sharing your observation.

I am reminded of the name of a movie called 'Grumpy Old Men'

When a person happens to discover this forum they are immediately drawn by the words such as OM all over the page plus pictures of various temples, artists etc. However 'General Discussions' is the first item one may click and becomes a portal to the site.

In a short time of browsing it becomes apparent that the posting reflect 'grumpy old ideas' of perhaps 'Grumpy Old Men'
icon7.png

Some months ago when I first started posting I tried to get my south indian friends to join the forum since I thought it provide something for everyone. In an era of information overload people are very selective about where they spend time and my friends including my children rejected this forum after seeing the negativity of a few.

It is only then I thought that proper responses have to be provided to some of these highly negative posts especially those denigrating Upanishads etc . For one many of such negative postings were neither scientific nor logical. In my view they arise out of a belief system steeped in ignorance reflecting the character or poster and their view of the world.

It tuned out that some of these people who are ready to generously dole out negativity also are best described as தொட்டால் சிணுங்கி
icon7.png
They are very sensitive and are ready to stage walkouts and forum needs them for traffic it seems.

Since it is a privilege to post in any forum people have option to stop contributing (or visiting) or go along with the rules.

Until things change I am convinced the forum cannot attract younger members and will be limited in its appeal

Regards

Last edited:
Dear Mr. tks,

"கொட்டாப்புளியும் தொட்டாச் சிணுங்கியும்"
is the expression I coined soon after joining the Forum.

தொட்டாச் சிணுங்கி does not achieve anything without its supporting group. The constant threat to leave the forum,
to get upset, and upset others... are just a few symptoms.

The
கொட்டாப்புளி on the other hand can not stand any new ideas/ views/ lines of thoughts.

It can tolerate its own look-alike and think-alike or to say
"
ஒரே குட்டையில் ஊறின மட்டைகள்."

We know that

"ஆல மரத்தின் அடியில் மற்ற செடிகள் வளரா."

But even the poisonous plants have the same effect.

"
பார்த்தீனயுமும் கூட அதையே செய்யும்."

The pity is when the
பார்த்தீனயம் mistakes itself to be the ஆல மரம்.

But the new and fertile minds should not give up so easily, leave the forum in a huff and agree to be silenced.

(In fact this is exactly what is expected of them and so they should refrain from obliging the secret wishes of their merciless oppressors)

Harder the resistance, harder must be our effort to overcome it and change the general scenery and enhance the positive vibrations in the forum.

I request every unhappy person in the Forum to ponder about this point.

with warm regards,
Mrs. V.R.
:pray2:

Smt VSR !

I truly laughed out loud on reading your response
icon7.png

If there are about 15000 login IDs (may be a few duplicates) in the forum membership my guess is .5% to 0.6% are posting (about 75 people). Out of these about 15 are most active which is 1 out of 1000. Out of 15 I suspect about 10 are very active in the General forum.

In my view, 5 of out of 10 regularly have negative messages 'manufacturing' conflicts & outrage, bashing traditions, bashing whatever may be called Brahmins or Brahminism etc. If the criticism are based on scholarly analysis, based on logic and scientific in approach one can think of these posts as true contributions. I initially approached these posts with that thought in mind.

What I found is that for most part they are not logical, not scientific, not scholarly and of little value to make anyone pause and think. I am sure it helps few posters with some therapeutic relief from whatever hurt they may have experienced in life.

The 'face' of the forum beyond the OM symbols then is determined in my view by such posts.

Huffington Post was bought by Aol for $300 million or more and the value of Huffington Post was high due to contribution of bloggers that was built over time.

In an era of information overload it is important to attract and nurture bloggers who have original ideas to contribute. I have no problem with posters here who have negative messages provided there are opposing view points presented by well qualified people who can expose the logical flaws in these negative messages. The contributors and readers will then grow. Also a forum can only thrive if it has a higher level objective of service to a cause. It has to be more than a slogan.

I dont like to make suggestions to any forum owners how they should run their forum. I am sure they know there are consequences to their actions - positive and negative.

It is a privilege to share our ideas and post in any forum. If one does not like what a forum seemingly stands for regardless of the stated mission visitors just tend to disappear silently for most part in my view.

You have been a great contributor! I will continue checking your posts as time permits

Regards

If there are about 15000 login IDs (may be a few duplicates) in the forum membership my guess is .5% to 0.6% are posting (about 75 people). Out of these about 15 are most active which is 1 out of 1000. Out of 15 I suspect about 10 are very active in the General forum.

In my view, 5 of out of 10 regularly have negative messages 'manufacturing' conflicts & outrage, bashing traditions, bashing whatever may be called Brahmins or Brahminism etc. If the criticism are based on scholarly analysis, based on logic and scientific in approach one can think of these posts as true contributions. I initially approached these posts with that thought in mind.

What I found is that for most part they are not logical, not scientific, not scholarly and of little value to make anyone pause and think. I am sure it helps few posters with some therapeutic relief from whatever hurt they may have experienced in life.

Dear Mr. tks,

You are quite an analyst! You have given all the figure and facts in a nutshell. The only other person who presents facts in a nutshell is Mr. Brahmanyan.

Unfortunately here the people think that the length of the post decides the value of the post. I have heard about teachers who measure the length of the answers and allot marks-especially in the art subjects and languages, due to lack of time and patience!

What gets across from one person to another (besides a feeling of general hurt and humiliation) is a point worth pondering about!

Well, if traffic is the only criteria we are no better than the street performers attracting crowds - right from the kazhaik kooththaadi to the those who perform black magic (and threaten the people who try escape in the middle, with the curse that they would vomit blood.)

We come together to exchange views, educate one another, learn to view through new perspective and sympathize and empathize.

If bashing is the only criteria, we can bring cricket players who will bash with more force, talent and accuracy and bring in more crowd besides.

with warm regards,
Mrs. V.R.:pray2:

P.S.

The abbreviations also run into a formula.

B...Brahmin

A.B... Anti-Brahmin..

A.A.B.. Anti Anti-Brahmin(no necessarily a Brahmin).

A.B.B.... Anti-Brahmin Brahmin.

A.B.B.A ...Anti-Brahmin Brahmin Association etc!

Dear Mr. tks,

You are quite an analyst! You have given all the figure and facts in a nutshell. The only other person who presents facts in a nutshell is Mr. Brahmanyan.

Unfortunately here the people think that the length of the post decides the value of the post. I have heard about teachers who measure the length of the answers and allot marks-especially in the art subjects and languages, due to lack of time and patience!

What gets across from one person to another (besides a feeling of general hurt and humiliation) is a point worth pondering about!

Well, if traffic is the only criteria we are no better than the street performers attracting crowds - right from the kazhaik kooththaadi to the those who perform black magic (and threaten the people who try escape in the middle, with the curse that they would vomit blood.)

We come together to exchange views, educate one another, learn to view through new perspective and sympathize and empathize.

If bashing is the only criteria, we can bring cricket players who will bash with more force, talent and accuracy and bring in more crowd besides.

with warm regards,
Mrs. V.R.:pray2:

P.S.

The abbreviations also run into a formula.

B...Brahmin

A.B... Anti-Brahmin..

A.A.B.. Anti Anti-Brahmin(no necessarily a Brahmin).

A.B.B.... Anti-Brahmin Brahmin.

A.B.B.A ...Anti-Brahmin Brahmin Association etc!

LoL Mrs VR -

Dont forget a new abbreviation I introduced : BAA - Born Again Atheists (it is one of a kind of religion to be preached only here):)

LoL Mrs VR -

Dont forget a new abbreviation I introduced : BAA - Born Again Atheists (it is one of a kind of religion to be preached only here):)

Dear TKS,

You know Born Again Atheist(BAA) can be further classified into the following:

1)BAA who minds his or her own bussiness and are actually harmless and DO NOT hang out in any forum that discusses religion cos for all practical purposes God doesnt exists for them.

2)2nd type of BAA the Rakthabeeja type.Ok this is the type which is totally opposite from a Vampire.
A Vampire sucks blood for sustenance but the Rakthbeeja BAA spill blood for sustenance and each drop of blood gives rise to a new entity to propagate their tribe.
These are the types that hang out most religious forums and are well informed in all fields.
They havent still given up the fixation on God and need their daily doses of religion indirectly to keep them going.
Rakthabeeja BAA might already be Jeevan Mukthas for all we know cos of their daily contemplation of God(Sishupala Syndrome)

Last edited:
Brahmins are the best when it comes to gossip. When they come to temples, mutts and the best are marriages or ceremonies. You can see the silk saree groups talking so much of vambu
I have taken a break from work since i had a major surgery in my stomach and i know the madisar mamis comments about me. I was siting on a chair in a public place and two mamis came and wanted the chair. I had to show them my stitches and only after that they agreed to sit on the floor
Brahmins - I hate them these days inspite of me being one

I think we must the benefit of doubt to those mamis.

Mamis share one common problem..knee pain.

They may also share another problem...obesity.

The madisar sari is an additional disadvantage while sitting on the floor.

You could show your stitches and convince them! What if a woman

had been in your place - unable to show the stitches in the public!!!

QUOTE=kameshratnam;98402]Brahmins are the best when it comes to gossip. When they come to temples, mutts and the best are marriages or ceremonies. You can see the silk saree groups talking so much of vambu
I have taken a break from work since i had a major surgery in my stomach and i know the madisar mamis comments about me. I was siting on a chair in a public place and two mamis came and wanted the chair. I had to show them my stitches and only after that they agreed to sit on the floor
Brahmins - I hate them these days inspite of me being one[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back