• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A new kind of racism !

Status
Not open for further replies.

tks

This one is new, at least for me. It is an episode of racism for lack of a better expression.

One of my retired TB friend is a high accomplished person in his field of expertise.

In addition, while living in USA for many decades, he tried to learn Vedas properly for many years by going to India every year , supports Veda Patashalas in India, and does daily Karmas like Sandhyavandhanam etc. He is not into Vedanta but more focused on Poojas, Upasanas, rituals, recitation of sections of Vedas etc.

Post retirement, he realized he is better off to get back to work since he feels young. He became a consultant for a major MNC and his first assignment was to actually provide strategic guidance to a well known Indian company. The billing rates for this MNC is very high and he was the best choice for the job by any measures.

He landed in Mumbai, and did some preliminary research and meetings and was going to meet this somewhat senior person at the Indian company to make a detailed presentation. In his one on one meeting, this senior Indian executive told him (my friend) , that they are not going to pay for my friend's services because they were expecting and want only a White guy!

In his long career he never had to deal with anything like this!

The people and his boss back in USA were totally shocked and wanted to take action , but my friend did not want to be in the center of attention in the middle of all this.

I do not how the billing was worked out in the end but this is a new kind of racism that I came across.

How do you think my friend should have reacted?

tks Ji,

I can say one thing that we live among sick minds.

Like few whom we interact daily in this very same Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Shri TKS,

Not reacting is better than the best reaction. I think there is no reason to get upset by someone's else prejudice. It is the other person who has work to do on himself and raise his own level.

This one is new, at least for me. It is an episode of racism for lack of a better expression.

One of my retired TB friend is a high accomplished person in his field of expertise.

In addition, while living in USA for many decades, he tried to learn Vedas properly for many years by going to India every year , supports Veda Patashalas in India, and does daily Karmas like Sandhyavandhanam etc. He is not into Vedanta but more focused on Poojas, Upasanas, rituals, recitation of sections of Vedas etc.

Post retirement, he realized he is better off to get back to work since he feels young. He became a consultant for a major MNC and his first assignment was to actually provide strategic guidance to a well known Indian company. The billing rates for this MNC is very high and he was the best choice for the job by any measures.

He landed in Mumbai, and did some preliminary research and meetings and was going to meet this somewhat senior person at the Indian company to make a detailed presentation. In his one on one meeting, this senior Indian executive told him (my friend) , that they are not going to pay for my friend's services because they were expecting and want only a White guy!

The people and his boss back in USA were totally shocked and wanted to take action , but my friend did not want to be in the center of attention in the middle of all this.

I do not how the billing was worked out in the end but this is a new kind of racism that I came across.

Nobody in india wants to take suggestions from a pseudo white with american accent and pay a bomb for it. We respect pure white alone.We cannot be cheated by

forcing to accept african americans.lol

The indian from america should not return to india and hope to be treated equal to whites here.

We have a hang up about colour due to our colonial past.

We also desire fair and lovely white skinned brides.

What will happen to sale of whitening creams if we do not discriminate on basis of colour ?

Most countries pay based on colour of employee.

In singapore,gulf whites from australia,europe and US are placed on higher categories of payscale as compared to indians with same qualifications and experience.

In india also MNCs do the same.

This should not surprise anyone

Dear Shri TKS,

Not reacting is better than the best reaction. I think there is no reason to get upset by someone's else prejudice. It is the other person who has work to do on himself and raise his own level.

More than being upset, it is about money (payment that is an issue). Also my friend is proud of his Indian heritage. Imagine having to explain this situation to his team.

The MNC is trying to provide their best people and he was the best. They also do not want to yield to this idiotic thing. So there is more to this than simply a question of non-reaction. This is about business relationship that is at stake.

A racist customer - how do you deal with them? Do you escalate? Is that racist representing the will of the Indian company? There are more such issues

Nobody in india wants to take suggestions from a pseudo white with american accent and pay a bomb for it. We respect pure white alone.We cannot be cheated by

forcing to accept african americans.lol

The indian from america should not return to india and hope to be treated equal to whites here.

We have a hang up about colour due to our colonial past.

We also desire fair and lovely white skinned brides.

What will happen to sale of whitening creams if we do not discriminate on basis of colour ?

Most countries pay based on colour of employee.

In singapore,gulf whites from australia,europe and US are placed on higher categories of payscale as compared to indians with same qualifications and experience.

In india also MNCs do the same.

This should not surprise anyone

Let them put that in the agreement document!!

hi tks sir,

have u observed in flight to india...even indian airhostess behave nice with white guys....they treat indians in different way..

More than being upset, it is about money (payment that is an issue). Also my friend is proud of his Indian heritage. Imagine having to explain this situation to his team.

The MNC is trying to provide their best people and he was the best. They also do not want to yield to this idiotic thing. So there is more to this than simply a question of non-reaction. This is about business relationship that is at stake.

A racist customer - how do you deal with them? Do you escalate? Is that racist representing the will of the Indian company? There are more such issues

Dear Shri TKS,

I understand. The best reaction in that case would be to boycott such racist customers. The firm should not send a white guy and not go with the business. In the longer run such principled stands would pay off especially when you have the talent.

I just remembered a HBO Vice show - It talks about how white skin is worshiped in China:

"Then: despite the fact that China is on track to dominate the world economy, the country still looks at the Western white male as the epitome of cultural cachet. Among China's growing upper class—there are now more than 2 million millionaires there—nothing spells cool like importing a European butler or having a white businessman appear at your event. In fact, you can even rent a white guy by the hour or by the day. Thomas Morton heads to China to check out these unusual jobs, whose only requirement is that the applicant be white and male."

Rent a white guy segment below - Enjoy!! It is hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jGSerN_1sM

Aren’t the NRIs who ran away from India because they wanted to be in a white world?

Aren’t the NRIs who often scream that they want to stay in a white neighborhood & not in a Indian neighborhood in the USA??? Cos they left India to stay away from the Indians ???

Aren’t the NRI’s who worship the white skin ???

Aren’t the NRI’s who are fascinated by white skin ???

Aren’t the NRI’s life mission is to marry a white boy or a girl ?

Aren’t the NRI’s life mission is to de-cry India & the Indians ?

Aren’t the NRI’s the biggest racist pushikai in this world ?

Aren’t the NRI’s who cut off all links with Indian relatives after migration???

Aren’t the NRI’s who cut off all links with their own parents in India ????

And after doing all this, they want to blame Indians for the white skin fascination ???

Wah re wah – this is like the pot calling the kettle…racist..

this "pavam NRI" in the OP does not have to explain to the whites about white skin fascination. oh you NRIs think, the whites dont know???????? LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so innocent NRIs & so innocent Whites, so bad rest of the world lah....

so obvious lah.... lah... lah....

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!

1) One of my retired TB friend is a high accomplished person in his field of expertise.
In addition, while living in USA for many decades, he tried to learn Vedas properly for many years by going to India every year, supports Veda Patashalas in India, and does daily Karmas like Sandhyavandhanam etc. He is not into Vedanta but more focused on Poojas, Upasanas, rituals, recitation of sections of Vedas etc.

2) The people and his boss back in USA were totally shocked and wanted to take action , but my friend did not want to be in the center of attention in the middle of all this. I do not how the billing was worked out in the end but this is a new kind of racism that I came across.

1) I look at it purely as an episode in which someone interviewed someone and found him not upto his expectation in one requirement. And so he was rejected. If we look for a non-existent racism in this, it may be revealing our own inadequacies. Are we suffering from a colour-of-skin based inferiority complex. If the Company needed a more attractive mascot in a white man I would not bother about it. Even if it is not a very visible presence and involves only strategic advice from the backgrounds, if the employer thinks a white man will give him an advantage, I am least bothered and I would just wish him well. I would only say he could have spared me my time and money by making this requirement clear to me earlier.

2) I think this gentleman would agree with me on what I have said in para one. And that is why he just shrugged it off. And that was the right way to deal with it. Just shrugg it off and move.

and about the other posts here:

There is a certain attractiveness about the fair skin if it is that of a female. I would like to fill up my harem with silkish smooth fair skinned females (with brain as well as with peanut brains). And I would also visit them quite often. LOL.

Among males, I am as sharp and strong as any fair skinned male. And what more, i know many whiteskinned males who have just mud filled up in their skull cavity. So fair skin is no passport for any thing great or ideal. It is just another pigment. LOL.

If you are male and fair skin, you can play white man in indian films.

If you are dark skinned , you can start a political party in tamilndu and aspire to become CM.

So one can decide which is better

014. Lovely brown

Brown is beautiful!

White men want their skin turn brown;
For hours they roast under the hot sun!

Wearing next to nothing for uniform tan;
Yet we dislike our natural color a brown!

Fairness creams are on the sale;
For not just female but also male!

Why this craze for what we is not ours?
Why do we crave for what is not ours?

Skins are made just the body to protect;
And help the change in temperature detect!

To keep away the crows, flies and fleas;
From filling with flesh & blood their bellies!

Think no more on the color of outer skin;
Just make sure that it is healthy and clean!

Half the problem in this world are born;
From the next door girl to Troy’s Helen;

Out of the color of the skin on the exterior!
None bothers about the mind in the interior!

Visalakshi Ramani

https://veenaavisal.wordpress.com/naughty-poems/014-brown-is-beautiful/

Dear Shri TKS,

I understand. The best reaction in that case would be to boycott such racist customers. The firm should not send a white guy and not go with the business. In the longer run such principled stands would pay off especially when you have the talent.

After all, the American Company was into providing some service, by way of technical advice or things like that, to their Indian Customer Company. This said, the Indian man was a retired hand who took up a fresh job possibly because he was after earning more and more money, and in the process chose to come to India to advice this Indian customer company. Since customer's satisfaction is foremost in such circumstances, I feel the American MNC should simply agree to whatever the Indian customer company stipulates; if the latter wants only a white skinned american person, so be it. They should take out this pseudo-vedic Indian brahmin guy and depute some american white-skinned guy. If they do that immediately they stand a better chance to get their first bill also paid in full, as a matter of grace.

That said, I have a strong feeling that this pseudo-vedic brahmin friend of tks must have been overbearing and a put-off type of behaviour (which is evident in many posts of some of our imperious sounding US members in this forum also) towards the senior person in the Indian company and hence that person just "needled" this pompous man in his own way! Hence, this pseudo-vedic retired brahmin man should first try to learn some humility before venturing into veda, pooja, re-employment after retirement, earning more money etc.

After all, the American Company was into providing some service, by way of technical advice or things like that, to their Indian Customer Company. This said, the Indian man was a retired hand who took up a fresh job possibly because he was after earning more and more money, and in the process chose to come to India to advice this Indian customer company. Since customer's satisfaction is foremost in such circumstances, I feel the American MNC should simply agree to whatever the Indian customer company stipulates; if the latter wants only a white skinned american person, so be it. They should take out this pseudo-vedic Indian brahmin guy and depute some american white-skinned guy. If they do that immediately they stand a better chance to get their first bill also paid in full, as a matter of grace.

That said, I have a strong feeling that this pseudo-vedic brahmin friend of tks must have been overbearing and a put-off type of behaviour (which is evident in many posts of some of our imperious sounding US members in this forum also) towards the senior person in the Indian company and hence that person just "needled" this pompous man in his own way! Hence, this pseudo-vedic retired brahmin man should first try to learn some humility before venturing into veda, pooja, re-employment after retirement, earning more money etc.

Dear Shri Sangom,

Even if the MNC deputed person was overbearing, and the Indian guy felt the need to settle scores at a personal level, what is the need for asking for a white guy? It only points to the fact that the Indian guy for some reason felt a white guy is more capable and that is definitely a prejudice. Nobody can prevent a company being run by such men but I think that would be short sighted of the company.

In Gulf countries too the white man is on a higher pedestal for the same job! We do invite in India white trainers from US & Europe paying a hefty sum while a similar training by an Indian of equivalent value would come at 1/10th the rate...

I think the Indian head of MNC was rude to the core and he was the epitome of the regressive culture in his organization which worshiped whites! May be the Corporate office of the MNC preferred only whites!

I think the Indian should not be overly perturbed by it but he can share his anguish with his corresponding contact in US so that the right message gets delivered to the local guy in India! No one can be allowed to play with an Indian's sensitivity, leave alone TB's

Let me put it this way.

The Indian company saw that the US company had sent a senior retired hand, and that too of Indian origin. So, they think that:

1) Indians are paid lower than the whites in US (which anyway is the majority notion)
2) The guy is probably a retainer and must be paid a lesser amount of his regular salary.

The Indian company thinks that the US company is trying to cheat them in paying more for a person who costs less. The logic of their statement must probably consider the ethnicity, but is is quite rational too. In UAE, it is a FACT that Indian expats are paid less than the western counterparts, who in turn are paid less than the Arab nationals.

Dear TKS ji,

I do not feel its racism...I feel your friend got rejected for some unknown reason.

It depends on what the interviewer wanted and expected.

Your friend could have been very well qualified and capable but something else could have made the interviewer feel that your friend might not be suitable for the job environment.

As an employer myself I sometimes do not really choose the best qualified candidate for many reasons for example...over confidence..trying to over impress or plain arrogance of being very qualified.

Sometimes a person who might not have a very impressive resume might actually turn out to be the best employee and the best suited for the job cos they are willing to learn and improve and not feel that they know it all and will do as they please.

I feel there is some story your friend is not telling you.

Last edited:
There is a certain attractiveness about the fair skin if it is that of a female. I would like to fill up my harem with silkish smooth fair skinned females (with brain as well as with peanut brains). And I would also visit them quite often. LOL.

Among males, I am as sharp and strong as any fair skinned male. And what more, i know many whiteskinned males who have just mud filled up in their skull cavity. So fair skin is no passport for any thing great or ideal. It is just another pigment. LOL.

LOL!

That means full lipped Priyanka Chopra wont be in your harem cos she is not fair skinned.

tks Ji,

I can say one thing that we live among sick minds.

Like few whom we interact daily in this very same Forum.
If only he was TB, then some in this forum will accept, OOPS this gentleman was TB!!!
If only he was a XXXXXX TB then he would have been given high honors!!!!!
But his company boss would have to be a Northerner, and may look down in southies.

In India open discrimination is allowed, in the name of Caste superiority. You can see that in this forum. People are not ashamed of it, but wear it with pride. So your friend is out of luck, and his employer has no recourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back