• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

45 Facts about Sri Krishna

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
  1. Krishna was born 5252 years ago
  2. Date of Birth : 18 th July,3228 B.C
  3. Month : Shravan
  4. Day : Ashtami
  5. Nakshatra : Rohini
  6. Day : Wednesday
  7. Time : 00:00 A.M.
  8. Shri Krishna lived 125 years, 08 months & 07 days.
  9. Date of Death : 18th February 3102BC.
  10. When Krishna was 89 years old ; the mega war (Kurukshetra war) took place.
  11. He died 36 years after the Kurukshetra war.
  12. The Kurukshetra War was started in Mrigashira Shukla Ekadashi, BC 3139. i.e "8th December 3139BC" and ended on "25th December, 3139 BC".
  13. There was a Solar eclipse between "3p.m to 5p.m on 21st December, 3139 BC" ; the cause of Jayadrath's death.
  14. Bhishma died on 2nd February,(First Ekadasi of the Uttarayana), in 3138 B.C.
  15. Krishna is worshipped as:
    1. Krishna Kanhaiya : Mathura
    2. Jagannath:- In Odisha
    3. Vithoba:- In Maharashtra
    4. Srinath: In Rajasthan
    5. Dwarakadheesh: In Gujarat
    6. Ranchhod: In Gujarat
    7. Krishna : Udupi in Karnataka
    8. Guruvayurappan in Kerala
  16. Biological Father: Vasudeva
  17. Biological Mother: Devaki
  18. Adopted Father:- Nanda
  19. Adopted Mother: Yashoda
  20. Elder Brother: Balaram
  21. Sister: Subhadra
  22. Birth Place: Mathura
  23. Wives: Rukmini, Satyabhama, Jambavati, Kalindi, Mitravinda, Nagnajiti, Bhadra, Lakshmana
  24. Krishna is reported to have killed only 4 people in his lifetime.
    1. Chanoora ; the Wrestler
    2. Kamsa ; his maternal uncle
    3. Shishupala and Dantavakra ; his cousins.
  25. Life was not fair to him at all. His mother was from Ugra clan, and Father from Yadava clan, inter-racial marriage.
  26. He was born dark skinned. He was not named at all throughout his life. The whole village of Gokul started calling him the black one ; Kanha. He was ridiculed and teased for being black, short and adopted too. His childhood was wrought with life threatening situations.
  27. 'Drought' and' threat of wild wolves' made them shift from 'Gokul' to 'Vrindavan' at the age 9.
  28. He stayed in Vrindavan till 14~16 years. He killed his own uncle at the age of 14~16 years at Mathura.He then released his biological mother and father.
  29. He never returned to Vrindavan ever again.
  30. He had to migrate to Dwarka from Mathura due to the threat of a Sindhu King, Kala Yaavana.
  31. He defeated 'Jarasandha' with the help of 'Vainatheya' Tribes on Gomantaka hill (now Goa).
  32. He rebuilt Dwaraka.
  33. He then left for Sandipani's Ashram in Ujjain to start his schooling at age 16~18.
  34. He had to fight the pirates from Africa and rescue his teacher's son ; Punardatta, who was kidnapped near Prabhasa ; a sea port in Gujarat.
  35. After his education, he came to know about his cousin's fate of Vanvas. He came to their rescue in ''Wax house'' and later his cousins got married to Draupadi. His role was immense in this saga.
  36. Then, he helped his cousins establish Indraprastha and their Kingdom.
  37. He saved Draupadi from embarrassment.
  38. He stood by his cousins during their exile.
  39. He stood by them and made them win the Kurushetra war.
  40. He saw his cherished city, Dwaraka, washed away.
  41. He was killed by a hunter (Jara by name) in a nearby forest.
  42. He never did any miracles. His life was not a successful one. There was not a single moment when he was at peace throughout his life. At every turn, he had challenges and even more bigger challenges.
  43. He faced everything and everyone with a sense of responsibility and yet remained unattached.
  44. He is the only person, who knew the past and probably the future ; yet he lived at that present moment always.
  45. He and his life is truly an example for every human being.

1660884076518.png

If you dont mind me asking..was the above post taken from Isha Foundation?
Because the line " His life was not a succesful one" sounds very much like how Sadguru describes the life of Krishna and Jesus.

Btw Shree Krishna did lift the Govardhana hill...that was beyond normal..what we usually call a miracle.

The post above seems to humanize Krishna and somehow the Divine status isnt felt..thats why I feel its from Isha.

It gives mixed feelings to read the above.

Why would anyone want to feel that the life of Krishna was not succesful?
Didnt Shree Krishna state in the Gita to be equipoised in all situations?
Its not about success nor failure but about handling both.

Though the post is interesting to read but its a bit unusual too and leaves a feeling that on Janmashtami why did we decide to humanize God?

If you dont mind me asking..was the above post taken from Isha Foundation?
Because the line " His life was not a succesful one" sounds very much like how Sadguru describes the life of Krishna and Jesus.

Btw Shree Krishna did lift the Govardhana hill...that was beyond normal..what we usually call a miracle.

The post above seems to humanize Krishna and somehow the Divine status isnt felt..thats why I feel its from Isha.

It gives mixed feelings to read the above.

Why would anyone want to feel that the life of Krishna was not succesful?
Didnt Shree Krishna state in the Gita to be equipoised in all situations?
Its not about success nor failure but about handling both.

Though the post is interesting to read but its a bit unusual too and leaves a feeling that on Janmashtami why did we decide to humanize God?

I cannot verify the source. This was sent by a member to my mobile.

Well I agree with renukaji. How about killing boothana, sakatasura and many more asuras till kesi before the age of 10. Kalinga dance; all these are beyond human. I have heard many matathipathis say that Rama is the one who refrained from showing miracles and lived a human life (though there are instances where he could not hide himself in Ramayana) but Krishna never hesitated in showing who he was.
I guess members of the forum should refrain from posting messages which are not endorsed by our acharyas, alwars and nayamars..

Well I have never posted any message in these forum but reading the above saddened me so had to post this.

If Lord Krishna was 80years old during Kurukshetra how old was Bishma? What about the divinity in the Pandavas. The whole thing seems to be to humanise the God we believe in.

RESPONSE to RENUKA: ISHA FOUNDATION is unique. Whereas Mata AMritanandamayi, Sathya Sai, Chinmaya and many others strated at least schools, some colleges, hospitals and even water canals, ISHA has only started SAVE RIVER, SAVE SAND and such initiatives. Of course Sadguru once told a story. "A man declared that GOD will feed him and kept quiet. Whoever asked him, he showed a lion nearby being fed by another lion. One day a seer came and told him: A healthy lion feeds a sick / old lion. But you are healthy and you are supposed to work and feed the needy. Why are you wanting others to feed you". A PHILOSOPHY I DEEPY LOVE AND BELIEVE IN. My another philosophy is that a person with 350 cc brain can count on wisdom evolved and passed down by generations but not bequeath his / her 350 cc brain to another 350 cc brain. Okay to learn lessons from any one but not get enslaved. CONTD

Response to Renuka contd. Bhagavath Giitha is quoted, misquoted often without understanding real 2 great lessons and focusing on them. FIRST LESSON: This jagath (jaayathE gajjathi ithi - which keeps mutation, changing) is doing so at its own will. We are all subjected to that centrifugal and centripetal forces of that mutation. SOme happen to our liking but not all. Just like a house has a kitchen & a toilet, just like a street has a house of a priest and a criminal, just like a residentail area has a nursing home and also a burial ground, just like us having a mouth and a bowel, we learn to love with emotional and physical dualities. This is Viswaroopa dharsanam. Not a big figure with so many heads / mouths & hands. SECOND LESSON. We do not know why we are born, when we are born, where we are born and why to the specific parents. But all of us know, we want to be happy. We can't be happy by ourselves. THOUGH AT INDIVIDUAL LEVEL WE CAN EXIST IN BLISSFUL STATE because bliss is a state unlike pain / pleasure (by taking /transient and transactional) OR happiness / unhappiness (that comes from sharing and slightly long lasting) or joy / sorrow (by giving, longer lasting, sacrificial in nature). Real happiness and peace and bliss is when all around us are auspicious (lOka kalyaaNam) and prosperous (lOKa Managalam). THis is attained when there are rules / regulations/ of behaviour that affect others. This is codified as dharma. When one performs actions stipulated by dharma saasthra and relinquishes the fruits of karma (i.e stick to karthruthvam -doing duty and reliquish bhOgthruthvam - enjoyership) this is THE KARMA YOGA which is like a thread that ties a cucumber fruits to ripen without exploding. Ripening us without getting drowned in the illusions and refractions if human life.

1. Krishna was born 5252 years ago
  2. Date of Birth : 18 th July,3228 B.C
  3. Month : Shravan
  4. Day : Ashtami
  5. Nakshatra : Rohini
  6. Day : Wednesday
  7. Time : 00:00 A.M.
  8. Shri Krishna lived 125 years, 08 months & 07 days.
  9. Date of Death : 18th February 3102BC.
  10. When Krishna was 89 years old ; the mega war (Kurukshetra war) took place.
  11. He died 36 years after the Kurukshetra war.
  12. The Kurukshetra War was started in Mrigashira Shukla Ekadashi, BC 3139. i.e "8th December 3139BC" and ended on "25th December, 3139 BC".
  13. There was a Solar eclipse between "3p.m to 5p.m on 21st December, 3139 BC" ; the cause of Jayadrath's death.
  14. Bhishma died on 2nd February,(First Ekadasi of the Uttarayana), in 3138 B.C.
  15. Krishna is worshipped as:
    1. Krishna Kanhaiya : Mathura
    2. Jagannath:- In Odisha
    3. Vithoba:- In Maharashtra
    4. Srinath: In Rajasthan
    5. Dwarakadheesh: In Gujarat
    6. Ranchhod: In Gujarat
    7. Krishna : Udupi in Karnataka
    8. Guruvayurappan in Kerala
  16. Biological Father: Vasudeva
  17. Biological Mother: Devaki
  18. Adopted Father:- Nanda
  19. Adopted Mother: Yashoda
  20. Elder Brother: Balaram
  21. Sister: Subhadra
  22. Birth Place: Mathura
  23. Wives: Rukmini, Satyabhama, Jambavati, Kalindi, Mitravinda, Nagnajiti, Bhadra, Lakshmana
  24. Krishna is reported to have killed only 4 people in his lifetime.
    1. Chanoora ; the Wrestler
    2. Kamsa ; his maternal uncle
    3. Shishupala and Dantavakra ; his cousins.
  25. Life was not fair to him at all. His mother was from Ugra clan, and Father from Yadava clan, inter-racial marriage.
  26. He was born dark skinned. He was not named at all throughout his life. The whole village of Gokul started calling him the black one ; Kanha. He was ridiculed and teased for being black, short and adopted too. His childhood was wrought with life threatening situations.
  27. 'Drought' and' threat of wild wolves' made them shift from 'Gokul' to 'Vrindavan' at the age 9.
  28. He stayed in Vrindavan till 14~16 years. He killed his own uncle at the age of 14~16 years at Mathura.He then released his biological mother and father.
  29. He never returned to Vrindavan ever again.
  30. He had to migrate to Dwarka from Mathura due to the threat of a Sindhu King, Kala Yaavana.
  31. He defeated 'Jarasandha' with the help of 'Vainatheya' Tribes on Gomantaka hill (now Goa).
  32. He rebuilt Dwaraka.
  33. He then left for Sandipani's Ashram in Ujjain to start his schooling at age 16~18.
  34. He had to fight the pirates from Africa and rescue his teacher's son ; Punardatta, who was kidnapped near Prabhasa ; a sea port in Gujarat.
  35. After his education, he came to know about his cousin's fate of Vanvas. He came to their rescue in ''Wax house'' and later his cousins got married to Draupadi. His role was immense in this saga.
  36. Then, he helped his cousins establish Indraprastha and their Kingdom.
  37. He saved Draupadi from embarrassment.
  38. He stood by his cousins during their exile.
  39. He stood by them and made them win the Kurushetra war.
  40. He saw his cherished city, Dwaraka, washed away.
  41. He was killed by a hunter (Jara by name) in a nearby forest.
  42. He never did any miracles. His life was not a successful one. There was not a single moment when he was at peace throughout his life. At every turn, he had challenges and even more bigger challenges.
  43. He faced everything and everyone with a sense of responsibility and yet remained unattached.
  44. He is the only person, who knew the past and probably the future ; yet he lived at that present moment always.
  45. He and his life is truly an example for every human being.

View attachment 17543
I was told by a friend that Osho once said: Krishna will be the future God. Hindu missioners abroad is focusing on Krishna so that the commen westernar will be fascinated by the story of Krishna.

Latest ads

Back