• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

10th day function kuzhi tharpanam doubt

kuzhi tharpanam should not be done inside house. you must do outside of the house in car parking area in your flat .you may do near coconut tree or any other tree on the ground floor of your flat. you must take bath before and after kuzhi tharpanam. then only you must enter your house. if you are having water tap in your flat motai maadi as a last resort you may do in mottai maadi.

kuzhi tharpanam should not be done inside house. you must do outside of the house in car parking area in your flat .you may do near coconut tree or any other tree on the ground floor of your flat. you must take bath before and after kuzhi tharpanam. then only you must enter your house. if you are having water tap in your flat motai maadi as a last resort you may do in mottai maadi.
Since this itself is for my younger brother who died of covid, I don't want to take any risk. I live in a multistoreid flat complex the conditions you have mentioned cannot be followed. As such it's not possible to do kuzhi tharpanam in this pandemic. Is there any prayaschitham for this?

Yes. due to present circumstances and our state of living, I may suggest you that, first, pick up a rubble (small stone), then shave yourself and take a bath, keep dharbai, koorcham and plate , sombu etc with ellu inside your bathroom, take a bath and be in wet clothes, take your mobile phone inside and take manthra online from vadhyar who is ready to perform the same to you from a preferable location as suggested by K G Gopalanji. Lock the bathroom door so that others are not able to hear the manthras you pronounce. perform the Kuzhi tharpanamn and again take a full bath and come out and then do your regular work after performing namaskaram to your family deity. thats all. This much should be allowed by our Elders , acharya and guru so that we can perform our rites and remain within the stipulations. Thanks

This much should be allowed by our Elders , acharya and guru so that we can perform our rites and remain within the stipulations.
"should be allowed by our Elders" => Is it a direction to elders, Acharya and Guru to take deviation. Can you tell us sastra pramanam for your views.?

A person, with severe sugar problem, can go inside temple with chappels ?

"died of covid"

Whether he did cremation after washing the body in the house and then following the necessary rituals he cremated ?

This much should be allowed by our Elders , acharya and guru so that we can perform our rites and remain within the stipulations.
"should be allowed by our Elders" => Is it a direction to elders, Acharya and Guru to take deviation. Can you tell us sastra pramanam for your views.?

A person, with severe sugar problem, can go inside temple with chappels ?
Those shastras were framed for previous yugams. For present Kali Yugam, new shastrams will be framed by us.

Father passed away at his married daughter's place. Due to corona, the death ceremony is going to be postponed for a month and is to be held at deceased son's house. Whether as a daughter, shall I have to observe " theettu" till such time the ceremony is conducted fully or my period of "theettu" is only for 3 days as per practice.pkease enlighten me. This doubt occurred to my mind for the reason that the father's death happened at my house.

Those shastras were framed for previous yugams. For present Kali Yugam, new shastrams will be framed by us.
Following of your new shasthrams will, if at all affect only the performs and not you or your family. Kindly frame new rules, why you say shastrams. Thank you

Father passed away at his married daughter's place. Due to corona, the death ceremony is going to be postponed for a month and is to be held at deceased son's house. Whether as a daughter, shall I have to observe " theettu" till such time the ceremony is conducted fully or my period of "theettu" is only for 3 days as per practice.pkease enlighten me. This doubt occurred to my mind for the reason that the father's death happened at my house.
Wherever the death occurred irrespective of the fact that the funeral and other last rites were performed as per vaideeka procedures or not the theetu should be observed by all concerned for the number of days prescribed from the date of death.In the case of the death of a person his or her daughter and son-in-law should observe theetu for 3 days.

Does kuzhi tharpanam need to be performed for 3 days theetu gnaathis (beyond 7 generations--since we have have our vamsavali chart, we figured out, we are 8 generations apart)?

Does kuzhi tharpanam need to be performed for 3 days theetu gnaathis (beyond 7 generations--since we have have our vamsavali chart, we figured out, we are 8 generations apart)?
I got an update from our family priest from India(I live in USA), that if the generations cross the 7 & beyond (3 days theettu), there is NO kuzhi tharpanam. It is only for those thayathis who are 10days theettu.

Latest ads

Back