• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

“I.N.D.I.A. bloc not in good shape”, infighting making it weak, says Omar Abdullah: Details

ashok68

“I.N.D.I.A. bloc not in good shape”, infighting making it weak, says Omar Abdullah: Details​

Omar Abdullah added, “The way the fight between the Samajwadi Party and the Congress surfaced and both said that they will contest all seats in UP, this is not good for the I.N.D.I.A. alliance. Maybe we will meet again after the state elections. We will try to sit and work together."

On 30th October (Monday), former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah expressed concerns over the public spat and the rift between the I.N.D.I Alliance partners Congress and Samajwadi Party. He termed the internal fights an “unfortunate” situation asserting that the I.N.D.I.A. bloc is not in good shape.

He said, “It is unfortunate that the condition of the INDIA Alliance is not strong right now. There are some internal fights which should not be there, especially in the four to five states where there are elections.”

On its part, the Congress unit in Uttar Pradesh challenged the SP Chief on his own home turf by putting up posters portraying ‘Ajay Rai as CM’ and ‘Rahul Gandhi as PM’. It was seen as a tit-for-tat move as just three days earlier SP had installed posters in Uttar Pradesh’s Lucknow showing Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav as the future prime minister of India.

Read more at:

https://www.opindia.com/2023/10/i-n...hape-infighting-making-it-weak-omar-abdullah/

As Congress extends support to Kejriwal after ED summons, Congress hits out at Kejriwal as he skips summons: The drama that INDI Alliance is​

Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi had claimed govt was targeting opposition after ED issued summons to Arvind Kejriwal, but Congress National Secretary Abhishek Dutt slammed the Delhi CM for not appearing for the questioning

INDI Alliance formed intending to oust the BJP government from power in the 2024 general elections has not yet fully evolved into an alliance. The alliance members like Congress and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) have time and again attacked each other even while claiming to be together in the fight against the NDA. This was seen in a recent drama that unfolded after the Enforcement Directorate summoned Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal for questioning in connection with the liquor scam case.

…………………………………..

“If the ED has summoned you, and you know you are right, then join the investigation. Rahul and Sonia Gandhi have done it in the past. Have the courage to fight BJP,” the Congress National Secretary said.

………………………………….

Delhi Liquor Scam​

The liquor policy for 2021-22 was put into effect by the Delhi administration on 17th November 2021, however, it was cancelled at the end of September 2022 due to accusations of corruption. The investigating authorities assert that under the new plan of action, for financial reasons. According to the agencies, the new regulation led to monopolisation and gave economic advantages to people who weren’t eligible for liquor licenses.

On the other hand, Manish Sisodia and the Delhi administration have denied any wrongdoing and claimed that the new policy would have increased the state’s excise revenue.

Read more at:

https://www.opindia.com/2023/11/aft...s-kejriwal-for-not-appearing-for-questioning/

Courtesy: opindia

Amidst squabbling between I.N.D.I. Alliance parties, Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge says projecting PM candidate will break alliance unity​

It is preferable, according to him, to be contest elections without a common PM candidate so that parties can convene and choose a candidate. He stressed, "This will ensure all are together in the run-up to the general election."

The Congress is opposed to portraying any member of the I.N.D.I. Alliance as a prime ministerial candidate to challenge Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the 2024 Lok Sabha election, according to Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge in an exclusive interview with NDTV.

Read more at:
https://www.opindia.com/2023/11/squ...cting-pm-candidate-will-break-alliance-unity/

Opinion: The INDIA Bloc Split - Rahul Gandhi Vs Akhilesh Yadav

Beyond the euphoria of having launched a rainbow INDIA bloc to take on Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2024, things don't look very different on the ground for opposition parties. The incongruities that existed among the parties that have come together for the INDIA acronym will not go away. If that requires evidence, we have it in Uttar Pradesh, the electorally most important state for any party or grouping that aspires to rule from Delhi. Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Akhilesh Yadav's recent jab at Rahul Gandhi on his comments on a caste census in all Congress-ruled states betrays the rift.

……………………………………..

Read more at:

https://www.ndtv.com/opinion/the-india-bloc-split-rahul-gandhi-vs-akhilesh-yadav-4589664

Latest ads

Back