• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

மொழி

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

recently a friend of mine, close to me in age, and who has been progressively losing his hearing till almost tone deaf, to quit working, has by miracle of modern electro micro surgery and implants, has been able to get his hearing back, to lead a normal enough life, including going to work.

not having anyone hard of hearing in my family or circle of friends, it was not till i saw the film மொழி that i came to appreciate the handicap and the world of those who do not hear or speak, ie two senses that we take for granted, and abuse so much.

maybe in future, the concept of a 'deaf' person may not exist, thanks to medicine. here is an heartwarming example.

8 Month Old Deaf Baby Hears his Mother for the First Time

God Bless.

i think, when we speak of the lack of applied or original thinking, even to help someone on a small or large scale, we feel that our institutions like iit or iisc has failed. iit is supposed to be an institute of applied technology, and has had enough exposures to medical technology over the past years. i think these are all areas, where we can put our mind and brains, to bringing out innovative tools to lessen the pain of born handicaps.

btw i am impressed by the new tablet inspired by kapil sibal and which is now in the market. it is NEWS world over :)

Video: India's $35 tablet computer debuts - The Globe and Mail

The baby's expression on hearing his mother's voice for the first time, brought tears in my eyes, Kunjuppu Sir.

Thanks for the video. God bless the baby!

The baby's expression on hearing his mother's voice for the first time, brought tears in my eyes, Kunjuppu Sir.

Thanks for the video. God bless the baby!

raji,

it is possible that the baby spoke also for the first time. for is not our speech a direct functionality of what we hear?

which is why 'deaf and mute' go together. that is my understanding of this concept of 'no hear no speak'. right?

Yes, Sir! A deaf baby will hear nothing and can not reproduce any sound!

Hence he / she does not speak. :tape:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back