• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

மதுரை ஆதீனமாக நித்யானந்தா....

Status
Not open for further replies.
namaste.

I am not a fan of Nithyananda, but I wonder why our knowledgeable members have not referred to this possibility:
How church destroyed Swami Nithyananda! – Rajiv Malhotra « Thammayya’s Weblog

I love this paragraph..I wonder how the likes of EVR will respond to this!LOL

he swami himself has spoken against conversions, and has also stated that the Dravidian movement had made Tamil people unspiritual in their lives, and that this had caused social decay. His Tamil language publications and courses have become his most popular ones, far exceeding the numbers in English. Also he is a very big threat because he is not a Brahmin. Because he cannot be targeted using the classical attack on Brahmins, and because the masses in Tamil Nadu were rising to swell his ranks, the threat he posed to the existing political power structure had to be stopped one way or another.

The Karnataka government Monday ordered arrest of controversial Hindu religious guru Nityananada Swami and sealing of his ashram complex near here following allegations of sexual exploitation of women.

Will someone explain why you are defending this criminal till he is cleared of all charges. He will have his date in court, as per the constitution.
I am sorry if you get caught with pants (or Dhoti) down with a women and you claim to be a sanyasi, there is something wrong.
Please do not play the poor martyre card, and no conspiracy theory either. Let him defend just like any other citizen.

I took the time to read Rajiv Malhotra's neutral investigation of Nityananda in its entirety. The title is somewhat wrong to begin with. There are some allegations about some church groups attempting to "destroy" him because of the village folk rallying behind him. No further proof is offered. Besides that, the author has described all the incidents without any bias despite his vested interest in the "godman" by virtue of his listening to the author for a couple of days. There is chaos in the administrative structure of the ashram alright. They must have brought in a PR expert right after the scandal broke out and come out openly with all the facts. This "tantra" business has been discredited not only by special interest groups but also by the mainstream. Just because one of the vedas prescribed something it is not universal truth. Also what was true 2000 years ago is not so anymore. I do not believe the vedas were God's dictums. Some individual or individuals who were held in esteem for their vast knowledge and scholarship took it upon themselves to prescribe those commands.

Nithyananda practicing the tantric sex with or without consent from the participants is devious. His ego got the better of him and he decided to keep his exploits to himself. Sure there was some disgruntled deputy in his organization who decided to settle his score with him. As the Thamizh proverb goes "maDiyil ganam vazhiyil bhayam". If Nithyananda did not indulge in sex (especially after declaring he is a sanyAsi) he wouldn't be in this mess whatever the power of outside forces be. Surely nobody can be super without some blemishes. He had his admirable scholarship in religious texts but the mass following he had went to his head and his ego overtook him like Caesar can do no wrong.

If what he indulged in was experimental he does not have to go into hiding once the scandal broke out. He should have called a press conference and leveled it with the public. It is difficult to declare a pronouncement as to what would have happened after such a disclosure. If you live by the sword you die by the sword. Overall the public which followed him blindly (educated, rich or poor, or just plain folks) also contributed to the debacle. US President Nixon was surrounded by "yesmen" which brought his downfall. Likewise Nithyananda's deputies were responsible for his downfall. It is a lame excuse to blame the media for his predicament. If you provided the fodder you must reap the result.

Like "Annapakshi" separates milk from water (maybe that is why it became extinct!) good points should be gleaned from all corners. Not necessarily we have to follow them. Seek the shore, not the Beacon light. I think it is Oscar Wilde who said that "the purpose of educating a child is to enable him to get on without teacher".

It is a myth that the swan separated the milk from water. First of all it is an erroneous statement apart from the fact whether it really did so. First milk is a suspension of protein, fat, lactose, and salts in water. The reason it is white and not clear like water is because of the fat molecules neither dissolving nor falling out of water thereby forming a micellar structure. What the swan could have done, if it really did, was to selectively separate the fat molecules through the membranous lining inside its beak and consume the fat. Once the fat is separated the rest of the materials dissolved in water will look like water. People thought that milk and water are two separate components. We can do it in the lab by running milk through what is known as a hydrophobic column which will remove the fat. Then what comes out will be as clear as water. If you bought skim milk it is almost clear although there is still some fat in it. Of course I am digressing here but thought I should point out the facts.

It is a myth that the swan separated the milk from water. First of all it is an erroneous statement apart from the fact whether it really did so. First milk is a suspension of protein, fat, lactose, and salts in water. The reason it is white and not clear like water is because of the fat molecules neither dissolving nor falling out of water thereby forming a micellar structure. What the swan could have done, if it really did, was to selectively separate the fat molecules through the membranous lining inside its beak and consume the fat. Once the fat is separated the rest of the materials dissolved in water will look like water. People thought that milk and water are two separate components. We can do it in the lab by running milk through what is known as a hydrophobic column which will remove the fat. Then what comes out will be as clear as water. If you bought skim milk it is almost clear although there is still some fat in it. Of course I am digressing here but thought I should point out the facts.

Wow,
So if I say some one is hunsgamini, do I mean she walks like a duck,
Or if I compare some one as Chand sa Mukhada she has a pancake face.
The simile is not factual, it is poetic.

But it is talking away from the OP of this thread.
Iyya's point had a deeper meaning.

The Times of India - Indian Newspapers in English Language from six editions.
GT (India)
1 min ago
I am a Hindu and I welcome this move, scums like nitya and kalki are a disgrace to Hinduism and should be sent behind bars. All Hindus unite to save our religion, do not get diverted by divisive tactics with posts with Muslim and Christian names (who could be this fraud’s supporters) and get into a religious mud slings. Focus on nitya and see that justice is done.

GT (India)
1 min ago
I am a Hindu and I welcome this move, scums like nitya and kalki are a disgrace to Hinduism and should be sent behind bars. All Hindus unite to save our religion, do not get diverted by divisive tactics with posts with Muslim and Christian names (who could be this fraud’s supporters) and get into a religious mud slings. Focus on nitya and see that justice is done.

you said it!!. nothing more any one could add here..

Wow,
So if I say some one is hunsgamini, do I mean she walks like a duck,

The simile is not factual, it is poetic.

Iyya's point had a deeper meaning.

No, it means the gait of a swan. We still have swans around. The duckwalk is not pretty.
I know the similie is not factual but it has been repeated time and again by school children to make the point "kutraththai viduththu guNaththai mattum koLga". Lots of people I know really think the swan separates the water from the milk.

GT (India)
1 min ago
hi prasad,
what u said....done....
நித்யானந்தாவுக்கு ஒரு நாள் நீதிமன்றக் காவல்

I have a few questions. When they give up everything, do the 'sanyasis' give ​up their conscience too? I just remembered a Russian saying that "Czar's wife should not only be above suspicion but should appear to be so". The greatness of man has many layers of foundation and morality is the deepest one. If that is not so, Dons also can become head of government.

I have a few questions. When they give up everything, do the 'sanyasis' give ​up their conscience too? I just remembered a Russian saying that "Czar's wife should not only be above suspicion but should appear to be so". The greatness of man has many layers of foundation and morality is the deepest one. If that is not so, Dons also can become head of government.

Well said, but for argument sake let him clear the charges as mere mortal (and not God). LOL

The Russian saying was plagiarized from Julius Caesar's declaration. It is also redundant to say "should appear to be so" because if one is under suspicion it is just an appearance until the guilty verdict is given.

In 63 BC Caesar was elected to the position of Pontifex Maximus, the chief priest of the Roman state religion, which came with an official residence on the Via Sacra.[SUP][3][/SUP] In 62 BC Pompeia hosted the festival of the Bona Dea ("good goddess"), which no man was permitted to attend, in this house. However a young patrician named Publius Clodius Pulcher managed to gain admittance disguised as a woman, apparently for the purpose of seducing Pompeia. He was caught and prosecuted for sacrilege. Caesar gave no evidence against Clodius at his trial, and he was acquitted. Nevertheless, Caesar divorced Pompeia, saying that "my wife ought not even to be under suspicion."[SUP][4][/SUP] This gave rise to a proverb, sometimes expressed: "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion."[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6] (source: Pompeia (wife of Julius Caesar) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)[/SUP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back