• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

பிச்சையெடுக்கும் பிராமணர்..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Then what is ஏற்பது இகழ்ச்சி ................?

Strictly speaking begging in public places is an unlawful activity and a punishable offence too according to Section 3 of the Tamil Nadu Prevention of Begging Act of 1945.

If ஏற்பது இகழ்ச்சி is followed universally what happen to ஐயம்மிட்டு உண்?

Then what is ஏற்பது இகழ்ச்சி ................?

Strictly speaking begging in public places is an unlawful activity and a punishable offence too according to Section 3 of the Tamil Nadu Prevention of Begging Act of 1945.

I agree that "ஏற்பது இகழ்ச்சி ".
Whether it is known to the all beggars or not... I don't know;
But I noticed the brahmins begging; they approach people with lot of hesitation and shy.
Brahmins ordinarily will not select begging as a profession; they are tested to do it as a last resort.

This is criminal in Law - But encouraging begging by charity is not ! In fact that perpetuats the crime! Like in corruption both parties the giver & taker should be made criminals in Law!

I would like to share excerpt of following article published in the’ New Indian Express’, which deals with the subject more elaborately:

[h=1]Getting rid of begging bowl[/h][h=1]Excerpts:[/h][h=1]Tamil saint Tiruvalluvar, in his treatise on ethics, Tirukkural, strongly condemned beggary. He wrote a separate chapter headlined ‘The dread of begging’, which had 10 couplets. In verse number 1,062, the saint cursed the almighty for the prevalence of beggary in society. He said: “If some must beg and live, let the creator himself beg and die!’ In another verse, he said: “Better a million times not beg even of dear ones eager to give.”[/h][h=1]Read more at: http://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...of-begging-bowl/2013/07/22/article1695471.ece[/h]

Instead of quoting law and tiruvalluvar , we can follow parsis who look after their not so well off brothers in distress.

Not anyone in this forum could give me a contact to reach this unfortunate man who has been reduced to a beggar .

Will someone in chennai oblige?

Instead of reading postings on laws on Prevention of Begging Act and quotes of Thiruvalluvar, one can actually help to eradicate this menace from society by helping the Delhi Government to round up the children who are forced to beg by organised gangs at traffic signals and street corners.

In fact, it is reported that more children are used for begging which amounts to child labour.

One can prove himself as a crusader against such social menace and also help children by rehabilitating them with the help of Government and NGOs.

One should have broad mind to help anyone who take a decision of begging as a profession.

Extending lip service to a beggar at Chennai may be a time pass for some narrow minded persons.

That beggar in chennai is a brahmin with a caste mark I relate to.

So he is my preferance for helping.

Most would like to feed such people when they visit homes accompanying vadhyars for religeous function.

I would add him to my list of invitees for a function of religeous nature.

Let this person be part of my circle for collecting some vitamin M.

I keep celebrating/arrange functions for so many occassions in my extended family.

I do not get holy looking people sporting this caste sign.

This man does not know his market value.

He can capitalise on the caste sign of vadagalai variety.

Try to find out his name and address first as that is required to invite him for a function.

Actually people who talk too much, don't do, but go for great publicity and recognition, etc

And people who actually help, don't talk much and act in silence.

Thats why I requested people in chennai to be enablers for a just cause .

They need not spend money.

They are helping a poor brahmin.

What is wrong?

This is a brahmin forum.

Brahmins should help each other as first preferance.

At least in delhi I do that.

For that matter I would do it for any tamil in society or work space

When one is abroad. we would tie up with any indian and any asian if an indian is not available.

It is just familiarity than anything else that creates bonds between people-Shared language, caste,nationality can open many doors and hearts

Please try to help this man first. If you are really interested and serious , you can very well find out his address through various sources..

Why do you depend upon the members of this Forum?

There are umpteen number ways and means to get his address, think about it, instead of grumbling in this Forum.

If you are unable to get his address through anymeans, that in other words mean that you are not really interested and serious in this issue.

What is required is iron will and urge to help those who are in need of support more particularly financial.

If there is a will there is a way to find out address, bio-data and all other details including his ID Proof and Address proof.

There are some who pose like beggars but reguarly pay IT and file IT Returns.

But more action is expected instead mere preaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a brahmin forum posting photo of brahmin presumably beggar.

If it is done for amusement of other brahmins it is another matter.

If it is done with an objective of drawing attention to his plight, then we need to respond.

There is no sense carrying this dialog further with an entity who does not have any understanding.

Good bye.

Carrying on dialong with an entity who is interested only to write a lot and preach abundantly like a sadu or saint is onsidered nothing but waste of time and energy.

If the member was really serious in helping, he could have already done it by this time instead of wasting time by way of writing posting after posting. (He can do only that practically)

Few for whom participation in this Forum is nothing but passtime, are not very serious about whatever they write, but simply pass the buck on others and come out with lame excuses.

We have all sorts.

Begging is a profession for some people. That too by begging at temple entrance, people thrive well.

The said person may be earning around Rs. 300 to 500 on ordinary days and more than Rs 1000 on Fridays, Sundays and festival days. If a person has had a taste of earning without any work,he shall not prefer to take a job even if he is paid 10000/ p.m.
Who knows.. sometimes the beggar could earn more the pensioner himself who pity on him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back