• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

நெஞ்சு பொருக்குதிலையே

• Thread starter Thread starter Nara
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mrs. V.R.

Though I know that Mr. Nara is very well capable of replying to your post, I am not able to refrain from commenting this time!

I can appreciate that you want words to be spelt correctly in Tamil as well as in English, but I think that you are taking this too far.

While you are very enthusiastic in pointing out the spelling mistakes in other member's posts have you realised that you are no exception in writing posts with spelling mistakes (and grammatical error as well!)!!?

I and my husband bought coffee in a hospital canteen two days ago.
We paid Rs 10 for a 50 ml cup!
So
[COLOR=#DA7911 !important][COLOR=#DA7911 !important]how [COLOR=#DA7911 !important]much[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] will a liter cost???

PS. I DON'T care if this post of mine has spelling mistakes or grammatical errors since erring is human nature!!!

Is it wrong to expect that

a Learned proffessor,

the light house of the forum,

a role model to everyone,

is expected to write without mistakes?

My OWN post should have been "So WHAT will a liter cost?"

Hats off to you that our of 4,408 posts ...

involving several millions of words...

you were able to locate ....

not a spelling mistake...

not a grammatical mistake ...

but a simple slip and over sight ...

of a our letter word WHAT!

You deserve a crown and a certificate as

THE GREATEST HAIR SPLITTER IN THE WORLD.

I AM READY TO AWARD IT IF YOU ARE READY TO ACCEPT IT. :CLAP2:

Is it wrong to expect a learned professor,

A light house of this forum,

a role model to everyone of us,

to write without mistakes?

My own post should have read,

"So what will a liter cost?"

You deserve a crown and a certificate

for locating out of 4,408 posts...

involving millions of words...

not a grammatical mistake...

not a spelling mistake ...

but a simple slip and over sight of

a four lettered word WHAT.

I am ready to award you a certificate as

The greatest hair splitter in the world!

But are you ready to accept it?

You seem no different from my Valli teacher of the 1960!

enough already
focus.gif

violin.gif

lock1.gif

bolt.gif

Please take a moment to think of those poor children!

Don't you get tears in your eyes and lump in your throat?

Dear Renu,

Wonder whether your prediction that the "Fate and Free Will"

will be the next hot thread.

I think this my be turn out to be hotter than that!

My intution tells me so!

With due apologies to cool sister R,

தினமுமோற் பயனர்ர புதுத்தகவல்தறு அரிவுமனி :bolt:
தினவுதீர தினவுதரு பனுவலலிக்கும் அண்புமணி:lock1:
தினையளவு குற்றமும் பெருக்கலாகா கரணைமணி:drum:
தன்தவறுக் கந்தகியாம் தன்னிகரில் தற்குறிமணி:laser:

go nuts correcting this

What's the possible "Solution" or "Options" for these boys?

In fact one of the purposes of my posts here is to find solutions to situations like this:

I am sure these boys belong to one of "the 800 million people" I refer to elsewhere who have been locked inside the "Gates of Hell" mostly by the Orthodox Religious practices of the parents.

Many of these boys could be one of the Salims and Jamals of "Slumdog Millionaire" (Danny Boyle's masterpiece and critique of India!).

I ask the parents of these innocent, hardworking boys, "Why did you give birth to them in the first place, when you know your family situation is very bad financially?"

"What religion gave you the license to produce so much poverty around?"

Anyway, since these boys are here and are struggling... what's the responsibility of the Society at large?

1. Either Govt or some Charity must give them good school education and job training so that they can find "reasonable jobs" somewhere.

2. Society must take up an approach to tell the parents, "Stop, No Kids, Now" till you have a stable income to feed and educate the kids.

3. We need to stop the misery from the earliest possible step: Do not produce more poor kids, while the world takes care of the already born poor babies and children.

Cheers.

ps. I don't think we need to find fault with the profiteers who are willing to give jobs to these kids, thus feed their mouths.

We need to find fault with the parents FIRST. We must enforce the law of mandatory school education to ALL kids till age 18.

We must slowly and surely dismantle the Orthodox Religiosity that directly or indirectly perpetuates poverty in India, and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Please take a moment to think of those poor children!

Don't you get tears in your eyes and lump in your throat?

Yes, Raji... but what are we going to do about it?

Some thirty years ago there was a movie "Thulaparam" where the mother throws the children into a well before she jumps into it... I always cried when I think of it...

She was prosecuted and the court scene was a heart wrenching cinema!! Nothing has changed since... why?

Very similar sadness in my face and heart... What's the solution to these boys?

Cheers.

ps. I always had a deep seated hatred on poverty and the helplessness of the poor family (but always empathized with the poor people).. as and when possible I help them.... but we must get to "the bottom of these" malice in the Society...

I blame the Superstition of the Orthodox Religiosity that encourages people to waste their time on prayers to God, and not focusing on increasing their skills and limiting family size.

Why should people get married when they can't find reasonable jobs? Who needs kid(s) when the parents can't find job and feed even their own mouths?

So many questions! I blame the Religions that the PARENTS follow first.

Last edited:
.... I don't think we need to find fault with the profiteers who are willing to give jobs to these kids, thus feed their mouths.
If the profiteers paid these kids their just wages then I won't find fault with them. But, from the reported news story it seems these were bloodsucking opportunists. To find fault with the parents is to blame the victims, IMO.

Cheers!

Y Sir,

One can not blame the religions for child labor! Even with the fear of God's punishment if one does evil deeds, the world is full of crimes. What will happen if there is no such fear? To keep the mind focused on the righteous path, we need to pray God and have faith in a religion.

And, sending the kids back to Bihar is not going to solve the problem in any way. Soon after reaching home, they will run away in search of jobs in some other place! The government should provide free education to poor children at least till high school level . They should be trained to have technical skills, so that they can find jobs easily.

When politicians are focused on amassing wealth, how do they find time to think of these children?

Regards,
Raji Ram

Dear Shri.Yamaka,
Why educated and well settled people like yourself and myself have not come forward to remain bachelors(not getting married and thus acquiring a family)and give a sizeable portion of our earnings in feeding and educating such unfortunate children.
Here I am reminded of Mahatma Gandhi(after marrying and getting three or four kids)
asking new entrants to Satyagraha movement to remain as Brahmachari(even married people like Jaya prakash Narayanan,Acharya Kripalani and some others)till India get freedom from the British.

....I blame the Superstition of the Orthodox Religiosity that encourages people to waste their time on prayers to God, and not focusing on increasing their skills and limiting family size.

Why should people get married when they can't find reasonable jobs? Who needs kid(s) when the parents can't find job and feed even their own mouths?
Y, yes, I do blame organized religions of all kinds, the ones that make parents, who know no better because they are kept that way by the leaders of society, to fill their kids with the poison that religion really is.

It is the second part of the above quoted passage I have trouble with. To survive and reproduce is the prime-directive hard-coded in our DNA, rich or poor, Brahmin or Chandala. The way to influence this behavior is through education, not blaming the hapless victims, IMO.

These boys are just a sample. For each one these boys there are tens of thousands of others, if not millions, who are brutally exploited. Not a single one of these boys is any less unfortunate than the hundreds of thousands of innocent Sri Lankan Tamil civilians who were slaughtered by the Sri Lankan army, or the countless Eastern European young women trafficked into sexual slavery in the West, or the Philippine and Indonesian maids in Saudi Arabia, etc., ad nauseam.

If you ask me for answers be prepared to be disappointed, I have none. All I want to say is, this is not right, it makes me sad, very sad.

If the profiteers paid these kids their just wages then I won't find fault with them. But, from the reported news story it seems these were bloodsucking opportunists. To find fault with the parents is to blame the victims, IMO.

Cheers!

Dear Nara:

My assumption is

Since the boys are younger than 18, as per the Child Labor Protection Act they are not legally allowed to work... since these boys were working in Bangalore as loadmen, against the laws of the States, the profiteer exploited them... I agree exploitation of innocent boys is terribly unethical and immoral.

I don't have any sympathy for any profiteer, although I believe normal profit is the fundamental right of any business. We will talk about this another time...

My view is the kids are the Victims, and their parents and guardians have the primary responsibility for feeding these boys and sending them to schools until they are 18.

I am not blaming the victims here, but I strongly find fault with their parents and the legal guardians..

I was a big follower of Paramount Leader K Kamaraj who used to say, "Pasanga Pallikku pohanungran..avankaluku mathia voonanu podanumgran.." in his beautiful Virudunagar village Tamil.

It's good you posted this news here. Let's all talk about the possible Solutions to this pathetic situation.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back