• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

திருமாங்கல்யம் changed elders pls advise..

Hi,
I m a silent reader of this site, had learnt many rituals from here.. Right now my circumstances are very complicated some elders please advise..
Due to lot of confusions and problems, I had changed my திருமாங்கல்யம் to new one and had put the old one in temple hundi. I was so reluctant to do this, but circumstances and compulsions even before I could think everything happened. Ever since changing it I m not in peace at all.
I belong to brahmin community and came to know that its not in our practice, unfortunately I do not have any elders in my in laws side to guide us on our rituals and procedures. Can some one please help me how to take on this..
I even tried to get back my old thali but it seems once gone to hundi I can't take it back.. The new one was not bought in auspicious time, did not have the mantram procedure and it was not tied in the right time too..
Thinking about all these is killing me everyday, I m unable to do even my daily routines..

திருமாங்கல்யம் புதிதாக செய்தோ அல்லது வாங்கியோ... உங்கள் குலதெய்வ கோவிலில் குலதெய்வத்தின் பாதத்தில் சமர்பித்து பூஜை செய்து அணிந்து கொள்ளவும். மாங்கல்யம் வாங்குவதற்கு முன்னால் குல தெயவத்தை வேண்டிக்கொண்டு ஓரு ருபாய் மஞ்சள் துணியில் முடியவும். திருசந்நதிக்கு செல்லும்போது அந்த பணத்தை உண்டியலில் சேர்க்கவும்

thirumangalyam is there only to show that you are married. now a days people who are going to foriegn countries are removing nose ring, ear ring, bangles, and thirumangalyam and kept on their boxes. in their house. when ever they are visiting India they are wearing these only in india. nothing is happening. dont worry about this. do your duty sincerely. nothing will happen by this. forget it.

thirumangalyam is there only to show that you are married. now a days people who are going to foriegn countries are removing nose ring, ear ring, bangles, and thirumangalyam and kept on their boxes. in their house. when ever they are visiting India they are wearing these only in india. nothing is happening. dont worry about this. do your duty sincerely. nothing will happen by this. forget it.

Thank you so much for such positive words sir., feel so relieved from inside..
Thank you

Hi,
As said , thirumangalyam is an identity that this woman is married. In olden days, gents look above and identify whether the girl is married by seeing yellow thread and kumkum.
Even my grandmother had offered thirumangalyam at temple , weared new one. No worries, pray to god for all good to happen

Latest ads

Back