• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

தாதாக்கு இங்லீஷே தெரிலே!

Status
Not open for further replies.
தாதாக்கு இங்லீஷே தெரிலே!

Last night I was telling my Grand daughter the story காக்கா வடை குள்ள நரி Though she knows it from her CDs in English she was fully engrossed when told in Tamil with a dash of English mixed! In the end she asked what is குள்ள நரி? I tried to explain நரி is Fox and hence it is குள்ள Fox since I felt "Short Fox" is not the correct expression Now she started teasing me ஐஐய! தாதாக்கு இங்லீஷே தெரயலே It is cunning fox தாதா Buddu! Buddu!. I started blushing and said நீ ரெம்ப கெட்டிகாரி!!!

This morning around 7 AM my son was on line wishing her Good Morning I asked her to tell him that I want to talk to him. Immediately she said in phone " அப்பா ஜம்பு தாதா wants to talk with you" and gave the phone to me. Had I been her I would have used the expression talk to you But she used the expression talk with you . Amazing! May be both expression might be correct. Now I am pondering over her observation r made last night"ஐஐய ஐம்பு தாதாக்கு இங்லீஷே தெரியல Buddu Buddu!" May be she is right. Jambu:cheer2:

namaste shrI TNJ.

The kAkA-nari song has come in the film too: sung by A.L.Raghavan, the song beginning with the words "pAppA pAppA kadhai kELu, kAkkA nariyin kadhai kELu", perhaps from the film 'AmmA engE?'

For nursery rhymes in Tamil for children, check:
Nursery rhymes for kids in Tamil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back