• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

தமிழ் பிராமின்ஸ் எதற்கு?

Status
Not open for further replies.
தமிழ் பிராமின்ஸ் எதற்கு?

மெத்த படித்த சமூகத்தினரே!

இந்த வலைத்தளம் எதற்க்காக ஆரம்பிக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது?
இங்கு பெரும்பாலவனர்கள் நம் சமூகத்தின் மீதே சேற்றை வாரி இரைத்துக் கொள்ளவா?
இன்னமும் நாம் பழைய குப்பைகளையே கிளரிக்கொண்டிருக்க வேண்டுமா!

சாதி, இன, மொழி உணர்வு எல்லாம் இருக்கக் கூடாது என்று பெரும்பான்மையானவர்கள் காரசாரமாக விவாதித்து இருக்கிறார்கள். இது வரை சாதி என்பது முற்றிலுமாக ஒழிக்கப்படவில்லை. அதற்கு உதாரணமே தமிழ் பிராமின்ஸ் என்ற அமைப்பில் நாம் இன்னமும் பேசிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறோம்.

ஜாதிகள் முற்றிலுமாக ஒழிக்க பிராம்மணன் என்பதை கூறுவதை விட்டுவிட்டு மனிதன் என்று கூறலாமா! (இவன் மனிதன் என்று கூறுகிறானே நாங்கள் என்ன மிருகங்களா என்று திராவிட இயக்கங்கள் சண்டைக்கு வரலாம்). தன் மரபுப்படி கடைபிடிக்கும் சைவ உணவு பழக்கம், பூணுல் தரித்தல் மற்றும் பூஜா, ஜப, தியான, ஹோம இத்யாதிகளை விட்டுவிட வேண்டுமா!

ஒன்று மட்டும் உறுதி. தான் என்பதை விட்டு தன்னை அறிந்தால்தான் பின்னை உலகத்தை உய்விக்க முடியும். தன்னை அறிய பிராம்மணனுக்கு இருக்கும் குடும்ப சூழல் மற்றும் அவனுடைய வாழ்க்கை முறை மற்றவர்களை விட அவனுக்கு சாத்தியக்கூறுகள் அதிகம்.

அந்தணன் என்போன் அறவோன் மற்றெவ்வுயிர்க்கும்
செந்தண்மை பூண்டு ஒழுகளால் - குறள்

Is there any identity crisis for us? no one questions their cast as much as we do. Do we want to be brahmin and finding it difficult to be? are there any conflict of consensus with the modern society where drinking, smoking, eating non-veg food and partying is the theme?

Sri.Ramansukumar, Greetings.

I can clearly see I am not addressed in the opening post. I request you to allow me to reply, although I may not qualify.

Sir, you have no obligation to visit the threads or even the discussion section. Still there would be a lot to browse in this forum. There is a proverb ..."நாயை அடிப்பானேன்? அதன் நரகலைச் சுமப்பானேன்?"... One does not have to frequent any thread where old rubbish are sprayed around. This is public forum; one has to expect such spraying. If you are bothered by that, which is not uncommon, why not stay away, please?

Caste system is not eradicated. I don't think I would see it. Matter of fact, I notice more caste related discussion than I noticed 40 years ago. In the past 40 odd years, caste feelings seemed to have become stronger.

Caste system is not maintained by brahmins alone. Just because brahmins call themselves மனிதன, caste system will not vanish. If someone objects to your calling yourself as மனிதன், I guess, you may have to deal with that. I don't think one has to give up their practices. One becomes a brahmin by birth; not by poonool, not by vegetarian diet, not by pooja, dhyana, japa or havan practices. So, such rituals are irrelevant.

Calling one as மனிதன் is not that important; treating others as மனிதன் is the most important. If one can treat everyone just as human beings, other would treat one with respect. I speak from my experiences.

.....தன்னை அறிய பிராம்மணனுக்கு இருக்கும் குடும்ப சூழல் மற்றும் அவனுடைய வாழ்க்கை முறை மற்றவர்களை விட அவனுக்கு சாத்தியக்கூறுகள் அதிகம்.

Sri.Ramansukumar, how do you expect to be treated well after saying the quoted statement? தன்னை அறிய என்ன வேண்டும் என்று தங்களுக்குத் தெரியுமா? How do you suppose a brahmin would have more possibilities? I request you to convince me about your statement, please. Your statement lacks humility, the basic ingredient for self realisation.

By the way, பிராமணர்களில் அந்தணர்கள் உண்டு; பிராமணர்கள் எல்லோரும் அந்தணர்கள் இல்லை. அப்பிராமணர்களிலும் அந்தணர்கள் உண்டு; அப்பிராமணர்கள் ஞானிகள் ஆவதும் கூடும்.

Cheers!

sukumar,

have you read praveen's aims and goals as defined when you joined this forum.

quoting thirukural out of context, i am afraid sir, ... i dont even know what to say.

if you go through the post, there are at the most about half a dozen which talk about caste. if you dont like, skip it. go where you like. and do what you want. OK

thats what i do, for many posts dont interests me. or i find them offensive :)

அன்புள்ள ராகி அவர்களுக்கு
தங்கள் அறிவுரைக்கு மிகவும் நன்றி.

Sir, you have no obligation to visit the threads or even the discussion section. Still there would be a lot to browse in this forum. There is a proverb ..."நாயை அடிப்பானேன்? அதன் நரகலைச் சுமப்பானேன்?"... One does not have to frequent any thread where old rubbish are sprayed around. This is public forum; one has to expect such spraying. If you are bothered by that, which is not uncommon, why not stay away, please?

தாங்கள் நாய்குரைப்புகளை உதாசீனம் செய்ய வேண்டும் என்று கூறியதற்கு நன்றி. எல்லோருடைய கருத்துக்களும் இந்த விஷயத்தில் கூறியது குப்பை என்று தாங்களே அறிவிப்பதால் நான் அதற்க்கு ஒன்றும் சொல்வதற்கில்லை. குப்பையில் இறங்கிய பிறகு அதை முடிந்த அளவு நீக்க அணிலைப் போல் என் கருத்தை கூறியிருக்கிறேன். நீக்க முடியாவிட்டாலும் வெளியே வந்து என் காலை அலம்பிக் கொள்வேன்.

Calling one as மனிதன் is not that important; treating others as மனிதன் is the most important. If one can treat everyone just as human beings, other would treat one with respect. I speak from my experiences.

நாம் மனிதனாக இருந்தால் மற்றவர்களையும் மனிதர்களாகவே மதிப்போம்.

Sri.Ramansukumar, how do you expect to be treated well after saying the quoted statement? தன்னை அறிய என்ன வேண்டும் என்று தங்களுக்குத் தெரியுமா? How do you suppose a brahmin would have more possibilities? I request you to convince me about your statement, please. Your statement lacks humility, the basic ingredient for self realisation
மனிதனின் ஒவ்வொரு வெளிப்பாடும் தன்னை அறிந்து கொள்வதற்கே. தன்னை விட பிரியமான பொருள் ஒருவனுக்கு வேறொன்றும் கிடையாது. எல்லாம் தன்னுள் இருப்பது என்பதே உண்மை.
இங்கு ஒரு பிராம்மணனுக்கு எப்படி சாத்தியக்கூறு என்றால் தாங்கள் கூறியதுபோல் ஒருவர் தன் நெறியை கடைபிடிக்க வேண்டியது நிராகரிக்க முடியாதலால், பிராம்மணன் நெறிப்படி சாத்வீக உணவு, சத்சங்கம் அவனுக்கு இயல்பாகவே அமைவதால் மற்றும் அவன் அதை ஏற்றுக்கொண்டால் சாத்வீக மனம் அமையும். சாத்வீகமான மனம் இருந்தால் தன்னை அறிய எதுவாக இருக்கும் என்று கூறினேனே தவிர இது போல் இருப்பவர்களுக்கும் அது கிடையாது என்று கூறவில்லை.

By the way, பிராமணர்களில் அந்தணர்கள் உண்டு; பிராமணர்கள் எல்லோரும் அந்தணர்கள் இல்லை. அப்பிராமணர்களிலும் அந்தணர்கள் உண்டு; அப்பிராமணர்கள் ஞானிகள் ஆவதும் கூடும்.

இந்தக் கருத்தில் நான் தங்களுடன் முற்றிலும் உடன்படுகிறேன்.

அன்புள்ள ராகி அவர்களுக்கு,

ஒரு சிறு கதை. ஆபிரகாம் லிங்கன் வழியில் சென்று கொண்டிருந்தபோது சாக்கடையில் சிக்கி பரிதவித்துக் கொண்டிருந்த பன்றியை மனம் சகியாமல் குனிந்து உடனே அதை கைகொடுத்து வெளியே மீட்டார். இந்த மீட்புப் பணியில் அவருடைய கோட்டும் சூட்டும் அழுக்கானது. அருகில் இருந்தவர்கள் அவருடைய அந்தஸ்தை பொருட்படுத்தாமல் உடனே இறங்கி வந்து பன்றியை காப்பாற்றியதை பாராட்டினார்கள். அதற்க்கு அவர் அந்த பன்றி சிக்கியதை விட என்மன அவஸ்தையை நீக்கவே அதை உடனே சென்று காப்பாற்றினேன். பிறகுதான் என் மனம் சாந்தமடைந்தது என்றார். தங்களுக்கு புரிந்திருக்கும் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.

be happy.

Instead of criticising and making comments regarding this forum, I feel that good things from here should be read and discussed.

If some objectionable items appear, then it would be advisable to totally ignore the points for debate rather than give a deep and unnecessary discussion.

Secondly, if one does not like the name of the forum or the subjects discussed, then it would be advisable for the person to ignore the discussion and give unnecessary comments.

In my opinion a lot of good articles and discussions take place in this forum and I really appreciate the people participating in the forum discussions for a valuable information sharing session.

Let us not waste our precious time in criticising the name of this forum and the topics discussed.

We can learn a lot from this forum about the good things that are discussed and this will enable us to learn and know more from the views written.

Instead of criticising and making comments regarding this forum, I feel that good things from here should be read and discussed.

If some objectionable items appear, then it would be advisable to totally ignore the points for debate rather than give a deep and unnecessary discussion.

Secondly, if one does not like the name of the forum or the subjects discussed, then it would be advisable for the person to ignore the discussion and give unnecessary comments.

In my opinion a lot of good articles and discussions take place in this forum and I really appreciate the people participating in the forum discussions for a valuable information sharing session.

Let us not waste our precious time in criticising the name of this forum and the topics discussed.

We can learn a lot from this forum about the good things that are discussed and this will enable us to learn and know more from the views written.

sukumar has indicated that he liked padmanabha's post.

does that mean, he has changed his mind? ie he has no more objections to the name of the forum?

if so, i welcome it. sukumar should also read the forum constitution, also remember this is a free gift to everyone from praveen.

we should all appreciate the efforts and the costs that praveen bears on behalf of the forum. our memberships and active participation is a fitting way of saying 'thank you'.. instead of griping about the name of the forum and such things, that ultimately do not matter.

Dear Kunjippu Sir,

I never told any objection to the name of forum.

If you go behind mind in arguing there is no end mind. I appreciate wholeheartedly the efforts taken by praveen only for the benefit to viewers and wellwishers.

thanks for your kind advice.

பேருக்கு தமிழ் பிராமன் உண்மையில் இங்கிலீஷ் பிரம்மியன் சொல்வது கரீட் நினைகிறேன் :)

அழகான பெயர்தான் இந்தத் தளத்திற்கு. நிறையப் பேருக்குத் தமிழ் படிக்கத் தெரியாது என்பது பெருமை.

இந்த நூலை ஆரம்பித்த வேகம் என்ன; இருபத்தி ஒரு மணி நேரத்திற்குள் 'அந்தர் பல்டி' அடித்தது என்ன?
வினோதம்தான்! ஆனால், ஒரே பக்கத்திற்குள் ஒன்பது 'Like'கள்... :clap2:

பேருக்கு தமிழ் பிராமன் உண்மையில் இங்கிலீஷ் பிரம்மியன் சொல்வது கரீட் நினைகிறேன் :)

ஸும்மா ஸோல்லக் கூடாது வாத்தியாரே!
நீ ஸோல்றது ரொம்ப
ரொம்ப கரீட்டு!

Last edited:
தான் ஆடாவிட்டாலும் தன் தசை ஆடத்தான் செய்கிறது.

மௌனம் முடிவில் எல்லா சந்தேகங்களையும் நீக்கும் ஒரு சக்தி வாய்ந்த மொழி.

அன்புள்ள ராகி அவர்களுக்கு,

ஒரு சிறு கதை. ஆபிரகாம் லிங்கன் வழியில் சென்று கொண்டிருந்தபோது சாக்கடையில் சிக்கி பரிதவித்துக் கொண்டிருந்த பன்றியை மனம் சகியாமல் குனிந்து உடனே அதை கைகொடுத்து வெளியே மீட்டார். இந்த மீட்புப் பணியில் அவருடைய கோட்டும் சூட்டும் அழுக்கானது. அருகில் இருந்தவர்கள் அவருடைய அந்தஸ்தை பொருட்படுத்தாமல் உடனே இறங்கி வந்து பன்றியை காப்பாற்றியதை பாராட்டினார்கள். அதற்க்கு அவர் அந்த பன்றி சிக்கியதை விட என்மன அவஸ்தையை நீக்கவே அதை உடனே சென்று காப்பாற்றினேன். பிறகுதான் என் மனம் சாந்தமடைந்தது என்றார். தங்களுக்கு புரிந்திருக்கும் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.

be happy.

Sri.Ramansukumar, Greetings.

I did not understand your message, please. The trouble is, this kind of examples are open for interpretations. It would be better for you explain your interpretation, please. Thanks.

Cheers!

Dear Sri.Ramansukumar, Greetings.

தாங்கள் நாய்குரைப்புகளை உதாசீனம் செய்ய வேண்டும் என்று கூறியதற்கு நன்றி. எல்லோருடைய கருத்துக்களும் இந்த விஷயத்தில் கூறியது குப்பை என்று தாங்களே அறிவிப்பதால் நான் அதற்க்கு ஒன்றும் சொல்வதற்கில்லை. குப்பையில் இறங்கிய பிறகு அதை முடிந்த அளவு நீக்க அணிலைப் போல் என் கருத்தை கூறியிருக்கிறேன். நீக்க முடியாவிட்டாலும் வெளியே வந்து என் காலை அலம்பிக் கொள்வேன்.

I checked my message. I did not say others opinions are 'rubbish'; but I did say, the subjects discussed quite often are rubbish. Sometimes, the rubbish discussed here are from the bygone era; can't be removed. Anyway, whatever makes you happy.....

தன்னை விட பிரியமான பொருள் ஒருவனுக்கு வேறொன்றும் கிடையாது.

I don't think so. Even a simpleton like me, put others ahead of myself.

இங்கு ஒரு பிராம்மணனுக்கு எப்படி சாத்தியக்கூறு என்றால் தாங்கள் கூறியதுபோல் ஒருவர் தன் நெறியை கடைபிடிக்க வேண்டியது நிராகரிக்க முடியாதலால், பிராம்மணன் நெறிப்படி சாத்வீக உணவு, சத்சங்கம் அவனுக்கு இயல்பாகவே அமைவதால் மற்றும் அவன் அதை ஏற்றுக்கொண்டால் சாத்வீக மனம் அமையும். சாத்வீகமான மனம் இருந்தால் தன்னை அறிய எதுவாக இருக்கும் என்று கூறினேனே தவிர இது போல் இருப்பவர்களுக்கும் அது கிடையாது என்று கூறவில்லை.

Sorry sir, you have not convinced me. There is no such thing as 'satvic food'. 'Sat sangam' is not a natural inclination either; taking part in 'sat sangs' doesn't provide 'satvic mind' automatically. You have presented too many assumptions. I am not convinced, a brahmin would have more possibilities for self realisation since he/she is born in the brahmin caste.

Cheers!

Dear Raghy

We agree in diagreeing. If it goes on like this there is no end in argument. Let us pond over ourselves and get it cleared.

Ref: deivathin kural.

Why there are so many deities in a temple? For a fraction of a second at least, when we pray in front of the deity, our thoughts are pure. Our mind starts wandering as soon as we start perambulating till we go to the next sannadi. We common folk are loke that.

In the same way, attending a satsang helps in keeping our mind in a satvik receptive state at least during the whole or part of the satsang. Our aim is to walk the path; those with more faith and commitment will reach the end faster; the rest have to plod at their own pace. Satvik food is that which nourishes the body without stirring the emotions. Where is said that only brahmins can achieve self realization? The goal is open to all. Brahmins do an assigned job in the society, as any group, say QC or any other function does in an organization.

Sorry sir, you have not convinced me. There is no such thing as 'satvic food'. 'Sat sangam' is not a natural inclination either; taking part in 'sat sangs' doesn't provide 'satvic mind' automatically. You have presented too many assumptions. I am not convinced, a brahmin would have more possibilities for self realisation since he/she is born in the brahmin caste.
Cheers!

Dear Sri.Sarang, Greetings.

....Where is said that only brahmins can achieve self realization?....

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned by one of the members that brahmins have 'more possibilities' to achieve self-realisation due to their life style. I am debating that. I requested for an explanation to back up such claims. I am not convinced by the explanation presented so far. Now I suspect, I may not get any explanation.

I am also not convinced by the concepts of 'satvic food' and 'sat sangs' as paths for self realisation either.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back