• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

தமிழ்நாட்டு அரசியல் அகராதி

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....These instances are adequate to prove that I have been a victim of the policies of our Govt. and we know that such policies are drawn by our politicians. When I said, “my ‘agaraathi’ was not just based on my personal experience but the situation in general in TN”, it was not my wish or fantasy. It is the ground reality. But yet I still maintain that I did not compile the ‘agaraathi’ just based on my personal experience.
Well Siva, here is what you said in your previous post:
As a matter of fact, I have never been deried personally though I have also travelled with panchakachcham and angavastiram in public transport (in 2008). I have had good education and got more than one job with the Govt.
So, when taken together, it seems your resentment and anger that is apparent from your அகராதி is based on (a) some personal setbacks like not getting admission where you wanted and your wife not getting promotion, and (b) your general political opinion about Dravidian politics.

For every (a) above, there are (c) to (z) atrocities that many others have suffered and continue to suffer. Next, (b) seems to be just your politics, given you conceded you did not experience any Brahmin hatred in Tamilnadu even though you openly flouted your Brahminness, like I have done and never experienced any push back.

So, I daresay, your statement, "When sense or sensitivity is lacking, sensationalism takes over" directed at me, applies more to you, no?

Brahmins have always had the brain power and they still have. But they are denied the opportunity. But Brahmins still manage to find a job in USA (!!) or in SA. This is what the politicians are not able to digest. So, they bring in policies that would prevent Brahmins from growing. Now you understand why on the one hand I said “Brahmins are brainy” while on the other I said ‘Brahmins are prevented from growth”?
Now, you keep saying this. What policies did they bring in to prevent Brahmins from growing?

Also, what do you mean by Brahmins growing? Are you talking about economic and material well being, political power, social status, "spiritual" growth, what is it?

Brahmins as a group are quite affluent, so they have nothing to gripe about. Even though Brahmins cannot win general elections, they still wield enormous political power perhaps indirectly in TN and directly at the center, disproportionate to their minuscule size. It is Brahmins themselves who have chosen material well being as the only Purushartham worth pursuing, all the time paying lip service to the so called "spiritual" growth.

So, IMO, this statement is nothing more than whining.

It is absurd to say that Brahmins had monopoly in education. No one was given admission or a higher rating just because the person was a Brahmin.
Siva, the world existed before the advent of western education, the education system that Hindutva brigade loves to hate. The world existed before the advent of reservation system. Over the centuries there were millions over millions of people who were prevented from entering the education system that existed in those days for no other reason than being born into some castes. Even today, unfortunate school children belonging to these castes are systematically ill-treated. All you want to do is to complain about too high a cut off mark for TBs to enter heavily subsidized day college. The hurdles these other people have suffered for centuries and some still suffer even today are infinitely more severe. One cannot be sensitive and still ignore this fact.

The politicians preach “Tamizh patru” but their wards get educated in English and some of them even know Hindi. But they do not allow the interested common public to learn Hindi. Sanskrit has been labeled as a Brahmin language!
Politicians are hypocrites and that is not in dispute. Not offering Hindi in corporation schools is a policy decision deserving of rational debate. It is Brahmins who claim Sanskrit is a Brahmin language, deva bhasha.

It is indeed true that Hinduism is being attacked in the name of secularism and Brahmins are subjected to hardship in the name of social justice. Whether we accept it or not is up to us. My words are reflections of truth.
Your words are reflections of truth because you say so? You just keep claiming this out of thin air. Why is this not plain and simple, whining?

I am very much aware that there are millions who are worse than me.
It is not just about you, millions upon millions are worse off than most or even almost all Brahmins.

It was to expose the stand of TN politicians. One has to be sensitive to what is happening around. I am sensitive and that is why I react to the situation in TN. To call it “whining” or “fantasy” neither makes sense nor shows sensitivity. When sense or sensitivity is lacking, sensationalism takes over.
Take a look at your original post once again and tell me who is going for the hyperbole here?

Siva, if you want to criticize the TN politics, then do so. But your அகராதி went after a movement as a whole. That is what I am questioning. Some politicians may use the rhetoric of சீர்திருத்தம் to his/her own personal advantage, but not all rhetoric of சீர்திருத்தம் is சீரழிவு.

bye ...

A wood cutter cannot be an expert in computer science.

[....]

A person good at doing physical labour cannot be expected to be successful in intellectual professions too.

Folks, what a huge straw man. Siva says, "Well said". Our indomitable Mrs. VR chimes in with a maxim reminding us of the futility of trying to awaken one who feigns to be asleep. Alright, go ahead, have fun burning this huge straw man down. After that, take a moment and think about what this list is about.

You know, not one item from Pannvalan's list was actually claimed by anybody. For instance, nobody is foolish enough to say a farm hand can go into a hospital and perform brain surgery. So what is the need to say things like that?

Given below is Pannvalan's list, only slightly modified.

• A wood cutter's child can be an expert in computer science.
  • A driver's child can be an expert in quantum mechanics/particle physics.
  • A pilot's child can be expected to be one of the best swimmers.
  • A musician's child can be expected to be a garment designer.
  • A grammar teacher's child can be expected to be a good lab assistant.
  • A doctor's child can be expected to be a good cook.
  • An advocate's child can be expected to be a great artisan.
  • A butcher's child can be a great poet -- what the heck, a butcher himself/herself can be a great poet too.
  • A drama artiste's child can be expected to be an academician.
  • An economist's child can be a good veterinary doctor.
  • A barber's child can be a great sculptor.
  • A good priest's child can be expected to be a good researcher.
  • Children of a person good at doing physical labour can be expected to be successful in intellectual professions too.
Here is another modification, let me just give a couple here.
  • A driver could have been an expert in quantum mechanics/particle physics under different conditions and circumstances
  • An economist could have been veterinary doctor under different conditions and circumstances.
Now, to tell you the truth, these lists no more deserve the comment "well said" than the original list of Pannavalan, all are plainly trite tautologies.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
We can play/war with words with no result. I just want to repeat Shakespeare:"Condemn the fault; and not the actor". It is decency not to go personal. I also choose not to give a word-by-word reply as it is not going to lead me anywhere.

We can play/war with words with no result. I just want to repeat Shakespeare:"Condemn the fault; and not the actor". It is decency not to go personal. I also choose not to give a word-by-word reply as it is not going to lead me anywhere.
Sorry to hear this Siva, however, thanks for reading my post.

Dear shree Nara,

I have nothing against you or any one else in the forum. But I felt the

futility of our argument that kept going in circles.
icon2.png

Your silence does not become of you! Hope to be able to :fencing:

with you again in many more threads!

with warm regards, :peace:
V.R.

.....I have nothing against you or any one else in the forum.
Dear Mrs. VR, I never suspected this. I am a pretty laid back dude, I can give any எருமை மாடு a pretty good run for its money when it comes skin thickness.

Hope to be able to :fencing: with you again in many more threads!
Fire away, I am ready, what shall we duel about?

best regards ....

dear Shree Nara,

I think we can start from where we left few days ago :) !

I can't imagine any one (even you) giving an
எருமை மாடு a pretty good run for its money!

We fondly call it 'The break Inspector.' No amount of honking the horn,

threatening verbally or with a stick has any effect on it!

It will allow the traffic to resume on its own sweet will and pleasure.

I think the 'duck-back' is a better option- for both of us. We just shake and

off the water and get back into the ring (square shaped?!) :boxing:

I don't know about you, but I surely miss the gentle provocations of my

aging gray cells!:boink:

with warm regards,
V.R.:pray2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back