• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ஜவ்வரிசி வடாம்!

Janaki Jambunathan

It is summer and time to make வடாம்! It is easy to make them in Madurai I have a big மொட்ட மாடி ideal for drying வடாம்!

கூழ் வடாம் I am making to day since predicted weather is 101 degrees Sunny and dry!

It was on these long afternoons that my uncle showed us the joy of eating half-dried vadams .

J enjoys eating half dried vadamas!

Attachments

• 1553482764779..jpg
    1553482764779..jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 244
கூழ் ready it is hot After an hour will make வடாம் !

J s family had been associated with Triplicane for over 100 years My M in L Born lived died in Neeli Veera Swami Chetty St J told me this on reading about Vadaam in the Hindu Magazine ! Vadam making was a community affair then .Women gather after men had gone to office children to school J remembers Namakkal Rajam Boiler Mami (Her husband was inspector of steam boilers) Mahalakshmi Lalitha were all there to help my M in L The whole team will move to make Vadaam in ever ones house to make appalam and vadaam .
1553484449278..jpg

Latest ads

Back