• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

கோடாங்கி யார் இவர் ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the southern districts he is very Popular Is he some one like பூம் பூம் மாட்டுகாரன் without மாடு . Jambu:ohwell:

Sri.Dr.Jambunathar,

Greetings. மாடு மிரண்டு ஓடி போனா , பூம் பூம் மாட்டுக்காரர் கோடாங்கி ஆக முடியாது....

The reason why people decide to donate votive
offerings is usually that they have a problem.
Then they consult a kodangi, a man who is able to
get possessed by the village gods. He beats an
hour-glass shaped drum, sings, and when the god
has descended on him he can be consulted as
oracle about what to do to gain the help of the
gods to solve the problem. The kodangi then
suggests which offering to make, and to which
god, and it is then ordered from the potter and
offered at the next festival. However, it is never
Aiyanar himself, who is consulted thus, because
people who are possessed by him are unable to
speak; they stand stock-still while tears run from
their eyes. Aiyanar is thus too powerful for
possession, so for divine guidance lesser gods
like Karuppaswami, a god always found in
Aiyanar temples, are invited to descend on the
possessed.

Reference:- http://www.hindu.dk/1d/ar/Ai-Ai1200.pdf

Cheers!

Dear Raghy
Thank you for suggesting the link where I could get all the information I was seeking The question which were in mind ready to be posted, all answered even before asked for.Like கோடாங்கி suggesting the right way to solve their problems you have led me to correct link for information Your are more than கோடாங்கி.
Pranams Jambu:clap2:

Last edited:
Sri.Jambunathar,

You are very welcome!

Cheers!

Dear Raghy

Two other names very popular with these people.காத்து & கருப்பு . I think they are செல்லபேர் for காத்தவராயன் & கருப்பணசாமி Is that so. If not யாரோ? இவர் யாரோ ? என்ன roleஒ? அறியேனே..... Jambu:pray2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back