• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

குனிவதில் எத்தனை விதம்

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

குனிவதில் எத்தனை விதம்

உங்களால் இதை விட குனியமுடியுமா? வெட்கிக்குனியாமுடியுமா?

படங்களை பார்த்து மகிழுங்கள். அல்லது வெட்கப்படுங்கள். உங்களுடைய கட்சி சார்பை பொருத்தது.

http://www.nakkheeran.in/users/frmNews.aspx?N=60083

One minister took oath minus chappals. He will not wear chappals in front of Jayalalitha.

Since Jayalalitha has proscribed falling at her feet, this is the next best way to show respect.

உங்களால் இதை விட குனியமுடியுமா? வெட்கிக்குனியாமுடியுமா?

படங்களை பார்த்து மகிழுங்கள். அல்லது வெட்கப்படுங்கள். உங்களுடைய கட்சி சார்பை பொருத்தது.

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

This tribal culture is continued in eastern countries out of fear. In this case, the fear of position compels the individuals to show their obedience.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

What is wrong with showing respect to the CM? Here the respect is not for the individual that is Jayalalitha, the ex-actor, daughter of Jayaram and Sandhya. It is to the people of Tamilnadu who have elected her with a thumping majority, in whose hands they entrusted their destiny for the next 5 years. I am not a Jayalalitha fan. But finding fault with such simple gestures of people just because it is jayalalaitha is something which I am not able to go with. If you are politically oriented there are many instances when unworthy people have been shown reverence by cronies and this has happened with all political heavy weights of Tamilnadu.

Dear raju,

I would prefer to stick to the context of J and her ministers, if you don’t mind.

To the best of my knowledge, the tamil acknowledged form of greeting and respect is ‘vanakkam’. I do not recal’ a full fledged namaskaram performed towards a chief minister, in the times of rajaji, kamaraj, annadurai or even MK. Maybe those took place, and no one photographed it.

When I first saw the pix of grown men, older than she, prostate themselves fully, maybe some of them did angapradakshanam, and no one took a photo!!

The news report is that these kuninju vanakkams, were permitted by J in lieu of namaskarams, which is one reason, that I think, the angle of the dip, tilting closer and closer to the ground, as the minister’s centre of gravity would permit, without tilting altogether to transform to a namaskaram. That is my take on it.

Once again, I think, these signs of ‘respect’ are endowments to J the person & CM maybe, but definitely not the CM. otherwise, MK would have made sure, that he got such a show of ‘respect’ too,

I am surprised at this repeated humiliation of the males, (don’t see the female ministers doing these vanakkams in such abject a pose), makes me wonder, if J harbours a deep dislike of the male gender?

Absolute namaskarams, I would say have their uses. Recently an iyengar friend of mine’s boy 25, was wooing a marathi girl, nyc.within two weeks after meeting her, he decided to marry her, and went straight to the father’s house, for the first time, and even before shaking hands, did a full namaskaram, at the man’s feet. The prospective fil was so pleased, that he granted ‘permission’ for the young lad to marry the lass, which was celebrated very soon afterwards. Now, that is what I would call, a strategic use of namaskaram, to decide a situation in one’s favour.

Not middle aged men, donning viboothi and pottu, displaying servitude in front of a rather obdurate looking middle aged spinster, who appear to enjoy wielding the stick of power and control.

Ps. I wonder how these men’s wives feel at the sight of their hubbies making fools of themselves!!

:)

Nothing wrong with a bit of "kuninju vanakkams" at all. There is always room for humility IMHO :).

These kuninju vanakkams and your Iyengar boy's namaskarams remind me of how my parents especially mum would insist my sister and I do the same when we used to stay with relatives/friends who are tb before we left as a sign of respect and gratitude for having us as guests. These periavas used to be so shocked, thrilled, embarassed and pleasantly surprised that when we would say mama/mami aseervadam pannungo! and do full namaskaram at their feet!!

In the words of my mum: Nothing wrong with a bit of periavas aseervadam at all. For anyone :)

As Amalaji has mentioned,
During Abivathe All of us bow well and recite our Gothra etc.There we appreciate as respect.The same thing hold good here also.Wives of these Miniters need not feel any thigng wrong on the respect shown by these people to their Leader.
Alwan

talwan, and others who think like him,

do you guys ever do 'abhivaadheyey' to your bosses?

do you do 'kuninju vanakkam' to your bosses?

if not, as you say, it is only a matter of respect, do you think, you would have any problem starting that habit, and setting a precedence of respect to the higher ups in your organization? :)

No I don't Kunjuppu mama even if I wanted to :). They will think I was "loosu" if i did any sort of kuninju vanakkams here! But it works for JJ so good for her :)

When MK was the Chief Minister Of Tamilnadu,One sitting Judge of High Court,Chennai(on his birthday) visited the house of the Chief Minister and took the
blessings of the Chief Minister by prostrating before the CM .The picture was published in Newspapers and it was looking a bit odd .None had commented adversely.
The ministers in AIAIDMK ministry in Tamilnadu should be happy with the present arrangement that they are not asked to bend their heads to enable their
Chief Minister to bless them touching their heads with her leg similar to the experience of the erstwhile congress leader Mr.Buta Singh
who got blessings from a
religious leader(Baba) touching the head of Mr.Buta Singh by Baba's legs.When the photo appeared in newspaper there were lot of sarcastic remarks and it was clarified by Mr.Buta Singh that Baba always blesses his disciples only through his legs.

Last edited:
No I don't Kunjuppu mama even if I wanted to :). They will think I was "loosu" if i did any sort of kuninju vanakkams here! But it works for JJ so good for her :)

exactly amala. anything to please the boss! do you know why these are called brown nosers in english language usage? :)

Dear raju,

I would prefer to stick to the context of J and her ministers, if you don’t mind.

To the best of my knowledge, the tamil acknowledged form of greeting and respect is ‘vanakkam’. I do not recal’ a full fledged namaskaram performed towards a chief minister, in the times of rajaji, kamaraj, annadurai or even MK. Maybe those took place, and no one photographed it.

When I first saw the pix of grown men, older than she, prostate themselves fully, maybe some of them did angapradakshanam, and no one took a photo!!

The news report is that these kuninju vanakkams, were permitted by J in lieu of namaskarams, which is one reason, that I think, the angle of the dip, tilting closer and closer to the ground, as the minister’s centre of gravity would permit, without tilting altogether to transform to a namaskaram. That is my take on it.

Once again, I think, these signs of ‘respect’ are endowments to J the person & CM maybe, but definitely not the CM. otherwise, MK would have made sure, that he got such a show of ‘respect’ too,

I am surprised at this repeated humiliation of the males, (don’t see the female ministers doing these vanakkams in such abject a pose), makes me wonder, if J harbours a deep dislike of the male gender?

Absolute namaskarams, I would say have their uses. Recently an iyengar friend of mine’s boy 25, was wooing a marathi girl, nyc.within two weeks after meeting her, he decided to marry her, and went straight to the father’s house, for the first time, and even before shaking hands, did a full namaskaram, at the man’s feet. The prospective fil was so pleased, that he granted ‘permission’ for the young lad to marry the lass, which was celebrated very soon afterwards. Now, that is what I would call, a strategic use of namaskaram, to decide a situation in one’s favour.

Not middle aged men, donning viboothi and pottu, displaying servitude in front of a rather obdurate looking middle aged spinster, who appear to enjoy wielding the stick of power and control.

Ps. I wonder how these men’s wives feel at the sight of their hubbies making fools of themselves!!

:)

Dear Mr. Kunjuppu,

Age or gender does not matter in this 'showing respect'. In fact in Hinduism it is only proper to show respect to a person who is far younger than you if he is superior to you in knowledge. Here we can take that the respect is to the Tamil Nadu public whose collective intelligence is superior to the individual brilliance of all these stooping politicians. And whatever may be the posture of these politicians before their beloved leader, what they think in their mind may be something quite different and Amma is also very much aware of that. If a vanakkam has to be a real vanakkam there is this mindset also involved along with the mudra. Please read this also(a little lengthy but please bear with me)-->http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/6735-salutation-what-really-means.html

A
mma knows she is playing the role of a ring master in a circus.

Dear Gunjuppu sir,
I compared the Abjvatheye poster similar to the posters shown as a mark of respect.It (abi,,,,,)was used widely earlier (can I say Aryan way?) in front of Acharians,Elders etc.
Tamilian tradition is 'Vanakkam' as a mark of Greeting.The vanakkam has got 'Mixed' with Abi,,, as a Changed way of showing respect.
It is the Change over time.
If we(You and I) can go to Office in Dothi in place of Long Trousers,Abivadhye
can be done before our Bosses.
Alwan

காலடியில் விழுவதை விட்டுவிட்டு, (அம்மாவின் அன்புக் கட்டளையால்!)

குனியும் வரை உயர்ந்துவிட்டார்களே! வீரர்கள் இவர்கள்! பாராட்டுவோம்!
:clap2:..... பரிகாசம் செய்வதைத் தவிர்ப்போம்!

The Very Same Nakkeeran Gopal offered Sashtanga Namaskaram to Kannada Cine Actor Shri Beloved Raj Kumar few years back when he was Hijacked by Sandal Wood Smugglar Veerappan.

He himself looks like Junior Veerappan.

He conducted a Drama with the Then Chief Minister M.K with Veerappan and Fooled the People of Tamil Nadu.

It is a Beauty that he will go and meet Veerappan casually and The Police cannot go.

I dont find anything Wrong in This.

He himself looks like Junior Veerappan.

Hello TSS,

I fully agree with your observation.May be now he would have upgraded himself

to be a senior Veerappar.He benifitted the most during the Rajkumar episode.

He needs circulation to his magazine.So he takes such articles.

I think nowadays nobody takes him seriously.It is better we also Ignore him.

Alwan

I dont find anything Wrong in This.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back