• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

காதல் - அன்றும், இன்றும்

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nara

காதல் - அன்றும், இன்றும்

செந்தமிழ் பைங்கொடியாள் நிலாவென சிரிக்கும் மலர்கொடியாள்
பைங்கனி இதழில் பழரசம் தருவாள் பருகிட தலைகுனிவாள்
-----

சிந்தை நிலை மாறினதாலே எந்தன் முன்னாலே
செம்பவளம் நெருங்கக்கண்டேன் என் மனம் போலே
-----

பவழக்கொடியிலே முத்துக்கள் பூத்தால் புன்னகை என்றே பேராகும்
கன்னி ஓவியம் உயிர்கொண்டு வந்தால் பெண் மயில் என்றே பேராகும்
[..]
பூமலர் மெல்ல வாய் மொழி சொல்ல சொல்லிய வார்த்தை பண்ணாகும்
காலடித்தாமரை நாலடி நடந்தால் காதலன் உள்ளம் புண்ணாகும்
-----

தள்ளாடித தள்ளாடி நடமிட்டு அவள் வந்தாள்
சொல்லாமல் கொள்ளாமல் அவளிடம் நான் சென்றேன்
அது கூடாதென்றாள் மனம் தாளாதேன்றாள்
ஒன்று நானே தந்தேன் அது போதாதென்றாள்
------

உன் பேரைச்சொன்னாலே பூக்கள் திரும்பி பார்க்குமே
உன் தேகம் பட்டாலே அருவிக்கும் வேர்க்குமே
------

டிக் டிக் டிக் டிக், சிக்னல் தந்தாள்
ஸ்டிக்கர் போலே ஒட்டிக்கொண்டாள்
------

கண்ணும் கண்ணும் நோக்கியா .?????.... மாபியா (?)

In the old tamil film songs, one can understand the sentences and its meanings. Unfortunately music and delivery takes a leading role and Vairamuthu is sidelined.

If we recollect back, in the film Paavamannippu, Kannadhasan's imagination is limitless in the song

காலங்களில் அவள் வசந்தம் கலைகளிலே அவள் ஓவியம்

If we have allowed Kannadaasan, he would have continued the song for ever as his imagination is limitless. But due to compulsion of the Director he will finish as

அவள் கவிஞன் ஆக்கினால் என்னை

One can enjoy the poetry of Kannadaasan, melodius voice of PB Srinivas and wonderful music provided by Viswanthan Ramamurthi duo. Off-course, both Gemini Ganesh and Savithri use to bring like a real life situation in the screen.

Even today, I enjoy such songs very much

All the best

hi folks,
kannadasan varigal....bhim singh direction....AM raja/ jikki voice.....gemini with savithri.....still KALYANA PARISSU ever green movies...
kaadhal has melodious meanings.....in real life situations.....but now internet kaadhal....with full of virus....yen akka petha mukka thuuttu...
...karuppu thaan enakku pudicha coloru.....

regards
tbs

hi folks,
kannadasan varigal....bhim singh direction....AM raja/ jikki voice.....gemini with savithri.....still KALYANA PARISSU ever green movies...
kaadhal has melodious meanings.....in real life situations.....but now internet kaadhal....with full of virus....yen akka petha mukka thuuttu...
...karuppu thaan enakku pudicha coloru.....

regards
tbs

kalyana parisu - sridhar direction

'pa' movies - bhim singh direction

kalyana parisu - sridhar direction

'pa' movies - bhim singh direction
hi kunjuppu sir,

sorry....amam paa varisai bhim singh.....yes kalayana parissu sridhar directtion...paa varisai means
paasa malar,paarthal pasi theerum, paava mannnippu,paar magale paar,paalum pazhamun etc...

regards
tbs

dear all

ks gopalakrishnan was also a famous director who directed good pictures like sarada, panama pasama etc., sridhar's kathalikka neramillai is still enjoyable.

narayananms

nara sir,

the thread should actually be called 'kadhal kavidhai/songs - andrum indrum'. poor kadhal isnt at fault for the general degradation in the standard of lyrics.

but i get the general drift of what you are saying.

i think that it is a reflection of being unable to handle change that every generation claims that the quality of songs of their times was distinctly superior.

in an evolving world where everything has evolved, how can one expect the same standards to be applicable today ?

kannadasan was a genuis and i dont think today we have anyone of his calibre. he was an once in a lifetime poet, we'll never get another.

music has come a long way. it has witnessed major technological changes, fusion, concept, theme etc... today within days of a popular track, you get a remix version - faster & peppier.

i have seen several pubs blaring the song ' appadi podu podu podu, asathi podu kannala' to which north indians dance as if they are possessed. they cant understand a damn thing in this song (not that there is much to understand in any case) but they just love the beat.

film music is big money today with royalty, 24 hour music channels etc. tastes & preferences have changed.

the problem is that every change isnt for the good ; even if good, not for everyone.

i wouldnt be surprised if 20 years later your grandson would be writing in this forum about the meaningful "kannum kannum nokia" songs of his grandfather's era.

if kannum kannum nokia rankles you, here's one from hindi which will comfort you

zara zara touch me touch me touch
zara zara kiss me kiss me kiss me
zara zara hold me hold me hold me
zara zara oh, oh, oh.

you dont have to know hindi to "follow" this song, do you ?

if you are wondering what the hell is "zara", worry not, it is non-operative word anyways.

:)

chill out sire.

hari,

nice to hear from you, such a joy to read your post.

I do like change, the only reason I was able to cite some of the nonsensical lyrics like tic-tic-tic- singnal thanthaay is because the catchy beat made me stop and take notice. Likewise, I am sure I will have a great time with zara zara oh oh ooh, dance the night away. Give me a link so I can get in on the act.

But I long for Kannadasan, as you rightly observe the one and only, once in a life time. The simple music with no assistance from technology, and exquisite lyrics that tickles your pleasure spot just the right way, leaves you wanting more.

Hope I don't have to wait 20 years for my grandchildren to tell me I have no taste in music. My son is busy with things larger than his dad's fond wishes. But I hope he will get on with the business soon.

I am so glad I am not stuck with just one kind of music. I can get just as deep with Sri Ragam or Subha Panthuvarali as Jimmi Hendrix Voodoo Child/Purple haze, Santana's Samba Pa ti, or Muddy Water's Hoochi Coochy man, or James Brown's I feel Good, or even Kannum Kannum Nokia. But I have to say, the more you listen to the Nokia song the more lame it sounds.

Chill out I will dear hari, drop in more often and get things to cool down a little in this ever so serious forum.

zara zara zara ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back