• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

கர்ஜிகா

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am aware of this word something related to eatables What is this?

Jambu:fear:

Sri.Jambunathar,

Greetings. I am guessing....கஜ்ஜுரக்கா ....மாந்தம் எடுக்க பாலில் இழைத்து கொடுக்கலாம்? ....பிரியாணியில் முழுசா போட்டிருப்பான்..பேரீச்சம்பழம் விறைத்து கட்டை போல ஆனா மாதிரி இருக்கும் (பெரீச்சம்பழத்திற்க்கும் இதற்கும் சம்பந்தம் இல்லை..)

Cheers!

Hi jambu mama,
This is a sweet veriety of dakshina kannada just like our kozhakkatai (modakam)
in which instead of steaming they fry it. They call it by a special name called ‘Karjikaai’; It resembles Samosa but tastewise, it is sweet.How to make it???

You will need:

• 1 cup wheat Atta [or wheat flour]
  • 4 table spoons Ghee
  • Salt to taste [a pinch]
  • A pinch of cardamom powder
  • 1 cup grated coconut
  • 3 cups sugar
  • A little milk
  • Raisins
Method:

• Mix the flour, salt and ghee well. add water and make a dough as for chapattis. Keep aside.
  • Cook the coconut, sugar, milk, raisins and cardamom powder till dry. This is for the stuffing.
  • Make balls out of the dough. Roll them into little Rotis, place some stuffing in the centre , fold into semi circles and bind the edges together. You can use the milk for this for extra bonding.
  • Take care to see the edges are closed completely. Otherwise they’ll open in the oil and disintegrate.Now a days u get moulds also.
  • Fry till light brown. The end-result should be crispy Karjikai with the sweet coconut layer coated inside.
  • Serve hot.

Sri.Jambunathar,

Greetings. I am guessing....கஜ்ஜுரக்கா ....மாந்தம் எடுக்க பாலில் இழைத்து கொடுக்கலாம்? ....பிரியாணியில் முழுசா போட்டிருப்பான்..பேரீச்சம்பழம் விறைத்து கட்டை போல ஆனா மாதிரி இருக்கும் (பெரீச்சம்பழத்திற்க்கும் இதற்கும் சம்பந்தம் இல்லை..)

Cheers!
I feel what you are thinking about is மாசிக்கா . கர்ஜிகா I remember is some thing like Samoosa with பூர்ணம் filling Not sure Jambu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back