• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

அந்தணர் முன்னேற்ற கழகம் " அ.மு.க - a.m.k

Status
Not open for further replies.
கால பைரவன்;284708 said:
Dear vaagmi,

That was an excellent post. Except for the quoted point. I hope you are not serious with this suggestion. Because you seem to be completely oblivious to the current set of draconian laws ( known as RTE) that controls how educational institutions are run. It is nay impossible to achieve this unless all the brahmins convert enmasse. May be stating this makes me a communal fanatic but that is the truth.

KBji,

I am aware of the kind of problems that are there. But I am looking at this from a completely different angle. Let me briefly put it here:

1. The school education should be completely decentralised. The Government should stop with providing funds and as grant and conducting exams. And the grant should be to students directly and not to the schools like the subsidy for the cooking gas. The student/parent should claim it by getting the necessary certificate from the school and this should also be linked to adhaar system for easy verification. Once this is done students will be free to choose a school of his choice and there will be pressure on the schools to perform. Even if a school of Maths has just 5 students it will get the funding because it is students who pay it and not the Government directly. We can encourage learned individuals starting schools with minimum strength to grow big in course of time.

2. Upto class 5 there need not be exams. After class 5 it will be conducted by a common authority which can be formed and managed democratically by the schools themselves jointly and the syllabus and standards will be same throughout the country. Thus a Govt. servant child who has passed 5th standard in Sankarankoil will get admission in the school in Chorwad easily when the parents move from Tamilnadu to Gujarat on job.

3. Since schools will need heavy investment in science labs there can be coo;peratives of schools who can run these labs and allow timeshares to individual schools. Money can be saved, pollution can be minimised and schools can save precious capital.

The idea is schools should be akin to the old schools of speciality run by Teachers in the ancient India.

Just an Idea-- may be utopian but workable. I believe my country will move towards this system in course of time. Because what is good can not simply be suppressed for long.

Vaagmiji

Your post though interesting is tangential.

I am talking about the problems staring at us today because the govt now controls every aspect of running an education institution - not just those funded by the govt but every school I.e. every school run by a Hindu. Your proposal therefore is a non-starter.

When you get a chance please read the linked article below. It is not comprehensive but will give an idea about what I am talking about and you will see how far your proposals are removed from reality.

Save Our Schools from the RTE | Swarajya

A country whose only chance of progress is through education had the largest number is schools closed in the last year.

The only people who can run educational institutions in this country without interference from the govt are the so called oppressed minorities.

கால பைரவன்;284805 said:
Vaagmiji

Your post though interesting is tangential.

I am talking about the problems staring at us today because the govt now controls every aspect of running an education institution - not just those funded by the govt but every school I.e. every school run by a Hindu. Your proposal therefore is a non-starter.

When you get a chance please read the linked article below. It is not comprehensive but will give an idea about what I am talking about and you will see how far your proposals are removed from reality.

Save Our Schools from the RTE | Swarajya

A country whose only chance of progress is through education had the largest number is schools closed in the last year.

The only people who can run educational institutions in this country without interference from the govt are the so called oppressed minorities.

KBji,

I am aware. I am talking about a possible solution. I am not given to wailing about what is there. I manage to live in the present without getting hurt grievously even though it is palpably hostile, while thinking of solutions for a -- Utopia perhaps. With so many brahmins in influential positions where they do make an impact on the decisions taken, and with so many brahmins in possession of substantial wealth, I think it is possible to leverage all that in influencing the course of events in the area of education. What is needed is just organization. I wait for that organizer to come on the scene. If Parsis can achieve that why not TBs?

Statistics are just statistics. I would like to know the reasons why all those schools were closed.

Minorities do have a role and I can manage to live with minorities and make use of their contribution for the welfare of my country. I do recognize that they have a place in the scheme of things.

Right now they are better organized and that is the secret of their success.

A christian community has a church and a laity council which is democratically elected. While church is represented by the parish priest laity is represented by its members. Decisions are taken democratically. Church retains a veto ofcourse and thus makes sure that laity does not go on any witchhunting expedition. When larger resources are involved they are managed directly by Synod which is again a quasi democratic body where the Bishop wields power and shares it with synod members. Thus a church is well organized. Where stand our mutts in this. Mutts do own vast properties like the church. No improvement has been donme to these properties for ages. Some of them are irretrievably lost for ever. Where do we stand in this though we are a majority religious denomination? Organization is the manthra. I wait.

Last edited:
brahmins can give ideas. they are never short of them

they are basically advisors. they were that to kings of old and later on civil servants for britishers and national govts

they are incapable of implementing their own suggestions.

this being the case it is a wasted effort to think of grandoise plans for senior citizens, education, career or a

bigger political role for them

For eg aam aadmi party found that in last one year it was unwise to spread its wings all over the country and

returned to its small base in delhi

similarly , tamil brahmins are concentrated in few pockets in tamilnadu , may be four or five , near srirangam,

kumbakonam or some such places of shivite interest which I am ignorant of.

they are just 3 percent may be a few lakhs.

if TBs can concentrate in pockets of high presence and perform in niche areas of specific concern specifically to them

, it might pay off.

they can think small and with heavy concentration of men and resources can make an impact.

ideas are many and resources none , it appears not to be a great scenario.

Statistics are just statistics. I would like to know the reasons why all those schools were closed.

Because the govt creates a set of laws to suit its whims and fancies and with the help of busy body NGOs orders closure of schools if they don't comply

May be it is quite hard for anyone to believe but that is the reality.

Only in India, neither the main stream media nor the so called defenders of secularism or the country's law/ constitutional experts talk about how fundamentally communal this law is in fact. A communal law that affects every school going children in this country is not nearly as much mentioned as the constant attention given to rants of a sadhvi here or a guru there. This is how deep the rot is.

Minorities do have a role and I can manage to live with minorities and make use of their contribution for the welfare of my country. I do recognize that they have a place in the scheme of things.

Come on Sir, you too indulge in such strawman arguments.

The fact is that the govt interferes in the running of a totally private unaided school if a hindu were to start a school.

The same govt gives total autonomy to even an aided school if it were run by a minority.

This is the very definition of communalism. That is my point. It has nothing to do with taking away space from minorities etc.

I dont believe this Government or any previous Government was run by bureaucrats who all belonged to non hindu category. So what were these hindus doing? Awareness is the key. So organize or perish under your own weight.

I dont believe this Government or any previous Government was run by bureaucrats who all belonged to non hindu category. So what were these hindus doing? Awareness is the key. So organize or perish under your own weight.

The bureaucrats dont make the law. The lawmakers do. But you have a point. The national advisory council of the previous UPA govt was responsible for drafting a slew of such sectarian laws and all the persons were unelected activists and bureaucrats except for the chairperson which was Sonia Gandhi herself. May be you can look at the religious composition of the NAC members. It is not bigotry to do so considering the laws they formulated are mostly communal.

Yes, you are very correct that awareness is the key. So I hope there is atleast a miniscule value in these discussions here before I quit this forum for good.

So what were these hindus doing?

Strangely enough, this forum is like a microcosm of what happens in the country.

Anyway, as you know, people who come under this category of hindus, actually have very diverse beliefs and cultures though they may share some core principles. Hindus for long remained only a religious group and not a political group. So the other religionists are way ahead in this game. Of course, BJP represents the political organization of hindus for which they come under constant assault. This despite they continue to do a lousy job of ensuring equal rights to hindus.

Dear KB,

You are perhaps aware but impatient. In the decades when secularism was a religious philosophy people took advantage. Now that hindus become aware, they will assert. There will be friction. But it will be overcome. It takes time and it requires a comfortable number in Rajya sabha too. That again depends on winning state elections. The process is on. Samsons have to go and Subrahmanyams have to come. It is time consuming by our scales. The awareness and vigilance has to be there continuously without distractions or digressions.

Atleast for the first time a leader has proudly said I am born a hindu and I am a nationalist; so I am hindu nationalist. It is for us to wear hindutva on our sleeves, and fight for the values our ancient religion and tradition represents. It is heartening to note that more people openly talk about it and do not hesitate to bash who abuse hindus. Tambram is a mini subset of brahmin community, and any attack on brahmins is stoutly defended by all hindus. The brahmin bashing and brahmin hating microlog here do not and will not achieve anything except self gratification.

See in the delhi election all assorted communist communal forces have ganged together calling themselves secular against one party and one leader. That shows the fear they face if bjp comes to power, knowing fully well that their interests will not suffer under bjp rule except losing unfair privileges.

The need of the hour for our community is the ability to stand on our own feet. We should build a large corpus and use it for education, empowerment, building and nurturing centers of excellence in key areas!

Some of the aspects that rile Brahmins are non availability of Medicine seats, participation/selection in IAS/IPS exams & IIT's where we were numero uno a few decades back..Now the rest have pushed the Brahmins out by draconian legislation....We need to crawl back..We should reassure the youngsters that in case they take the plunge and stave off challengers and put up a reasonable fight, success is theirs...We should have more colleges and universities that educate and also fund the poor /lower middle class Brahmins

Another area especially for the poor among our community is MCM (Merit cum Means) scholarship to help the needy..We should give stipend to the deserving youngsters..There should be sponsors/donors who are able to take care of the education needs of the poorest rung!

We have to learn from the Banias and Parsis for entrepreneurship...As per a study in 2013, 4 of the top 10 ecommerce companies are funded by Banias ...Another one is co-owned by a Bania..So 50% of the e-business goes to Banias.We should take a leaf out of this small group who have the knack of money making and are also well networked..We should kindle the entrepreneurship among our TB brethren..We should teach the necessary business skills to our youngsters and groom them as entrepreneurs

dear Mr. Vagne, Once again, I convey my sincere thanks for having taken up workable Agenda , which all of us should unconditionally support. Please do not offer any criticism diverting the Topic. Le us honestly be supportive behind Mr. Vagne,. I wish he should soon give out name of memberhs / known suppo

I sincerely appeal to all members of the Forum, I mean literally all ,including New in the recently introduced persons, to read what is written by Mr vagme at # 35 and suggest positive & urgent Agenda MCM ( merit -cum means) & suggest as to how we can initiate action , so that others can join to contribute . many enthusiasts recently joined should come out to LEAD the older , like me ?
I also request Mr Praveen to support this & ensure facilitating this idea to grow .so that action plan gets going side by side topics which go on and on just for knowledge.
I specifically request Mr Vagme , not to discontinue his efforts , but go ahead to ensure positive outcome. Do not loose heart . I am with you, Sir.

Rishikesan ( A. Srinivasan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back