• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

who can keep golu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose she can start a tradition, if it is ok with her in laws.. particularly the MIL.. in case she is living with them.. I think they might welcome this as a good thing.. :)

a girl gets married. in her pukunda veedu, they dont have practise of keeping golu. shall this girl start keeping golu even though the pukunda veedu doesnt have the tradition of keeping golu?

The practice has been that if there is no kolu (I prefer this rustic but true kolu to the half-baked golu) in the husband's house the dil does not start one as soon as she comes. May be when the mil/fil are dead and gone and the dil has daughters she may start kolu as a new practice. Once started it cannot be discontinued at will and the dil of that house will have to continue.

i agree with what 'Sangom' has said..however even if the dil has come, gollu is kept in the house when there is a grand daughter in the house as this festival is more of a 'ladies' initiated one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back