Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chilkur Balaji Temple in Hyderabad holds special prayers for solving 'banking crisis'

0 Not allowed!
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../62995689.cms#

What a cynical way to make money.

Even the worst criminal would cringe at this tactic.
    Last edited by prasad1; 20-02-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../62995689.cms#

What a cynical way to make money.

Even the worst criminal would cringe at this tactic.

What is the cynical way can you describe elaborately....? Who made money.....?

What is the proof that the priest collected money from devotees promising solution to banking crisis.

There is no tactic involved... it is only a special prayer

It is all only chanting the namas of Lion God.

<refrain from posting messages against any or all members>
    Last edited by praveen; 21-02-2018 at 05:52 AM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    It is faith... nothing but steadfast faith...devotees come here to get blessings of Balaji.

It is one of the temples that does not collect any offerings.... they don't collect anything from devotees

There is no place to donate any money... you cannot find a Hundi inside this temple ......

It pulls half a million crowd in just a week end

It is only chant and the implications of that...

Visa temple of Hyderabad: The Chilkur Balaji temple that gives you visa power!

This strange belief that praying in Hyderabad's Chilkur Balaji temple helps you get a visa has thousands flocking here every day

Would you believe there is a temple in India which fulfills your wish of getting a visa on your passport? Yes, there is one and for this very reason, the temple is nicknamed the Visa Temple. Situated in Chilkur in Hyderabad, this temple is officially called Chilkur Balaji Temple and is one of the oldest temples in Telengana. Sri Venkateswara Balaji deity is worshiped here however after a number of incidents of people praying to the deity for getting a visa stamp on their passport and their wishes coming true, this temple became famous as the Visa Temple.

The temple is in Chilkur and has over 75,000 to a lakh devotees paying a visit every week, with a major rush on Fridays and Sundays. If you are planning to visit this temple, be prepared to stand in a long queue especially on these days. There is no fee to visit the temple however if your sole purpose for coming here is to get a visa, you may have to come here again. Looking for a quick getaway from the city? Here are 5 weekend getaways from Hyderabad you can escape to.

Read more at: http://www.india.com/travel/articles...ou-visa-power/
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    It is Donald Trump or Abraham Lincoln no problem for Visa.....
    The Visa Temple

Indians are still praying for the chance to come to the U.S., even in the age of Trump.

C.S. Rangarajan, head priest at the Chilkur Balaji temple.

HYDERABAD, India—Leaning into the microphone to address his audience, C.S. Rangarajan, the bearded head priest of the Chilkur Balaji temple, squawks, “Our Bhagwan (God) is greater than Donald Trump!”

Welcome to the Visa Temple.

For decades, young people from across India have flocked to this 500-year-old structure on the outskirts of Hyderabad, India’s fifth largest city, with a shared dream: a visa to the United States. The temple, formally known as the Chilkur Balaji, is middling in size by Indian standards but, as its endless crowds suggest, its incarnation of Vishnu grants wishes at a rate that is anything but average.
    Rangarajan is addressing the morning’s temple goers who, like a school of fish, circumambulate the temple’s inner sanctum chanting the Hindu deity Balaji’s name in vague unison. Crumpled in most people’s hands are pink slips of paper with 108 numbered boxes used to count the number of pradakshina, or rounds, that they make. It is said that if you complete 11 orbits around the inner shrine, Balaji will smile down on you. If he does, ritual dictates that you come back and make 108 rounds.

On a Saturday morning, a cluster of college-age women in sequined red-and-green ghagra choli jostle around a selfie stick in the parking lot. By the temple, a dozen empty shacks advertise identical menus of oily South Indian breakfasts while a gauntlet of hawkers invite passing visitors to buy coconuts, flower garlands, and other offerings for the god.

“After I came here, the very next day I got a call to submit my passport,” says Arjun Majumdar, a systems analyst who is all smiles with four friends outside the temple grounds. He tells me—with an almost palpable sense of triumph in his voice—that his work visa to the U.S. had been put on hold for more than three months due to a minor paperwork issue. After his visit to Chilkur, it was approved in just three days.

Read more at: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...o_the_u_s.html
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Our Lord is answering the prayers....it is the faith

Indians flock to temple in Hyderabad believed to help in getting U.S. visas

About 500 years old, the Chilkur Balaji temple near Hyderabad was built as a shrine to Lord Balaji, a form of the Hindu god Vishnu.
    Typically, worshippers perform a wish-making ceremony that includes making 11 laps around the inner temple. Sometimes they proffer their passports and make offerings of fresh coconuts.
    If the wish comes true, they must return and make a further 108 laps.
    In recent years it's gained a reputation for helping smooth the red tape for Indians seeking overseas visas -- so much so that it's now known as the "visa temple."

Read more at: https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...ndu/index.html
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    The head priests Dr Soundararajan and C S Gopalakrishna suggested that such an invocation would help the recovery of money from defaulters, however big they were.

"A temple has to pray for the well-being of humanity, and this is a crisis which could have a spiralling effect on the common man, and hence this prayer. Also, the Chilkur temple was the first temple to prescribe a dress code of handlooms for devotees to help the weavers. It has always responded to social causes, and hence this unique prayer," Dr Soundararajan explained.

He said that the devotees made two extra "pradakshinams" of the temple with these prayers.

Dr Soundararajan recalled, "The Lord blessed us when we prayed similarly in September 2008 when there was a power crisis. He will definitely fill our accounts with credit flows and save the banks. He will help nab the defaulters and recover the money that belongs to public."

http://news.fullhyderabad.com/hydera...sis-18375.html

Have we forgotten all the Gita lectures?
    We are slavishly following False Religions, False Hope. The so-called priests and pundits are selling misinformation.

Like Adi Shankara says:

jatilo mundii lujnchhitakeshah kaashhaayaambarabahukritaveshhah

pashyannapi cana pashyati muudhah udaranimittam bahukritaveshhah

There are many who go with matted locks, many who have clean shaven heads, many whose hairs have been plucked out; some are clothed in saffron, yet others in various colors --- all just for a livelihood. Seeing truth revealed before them, still the foolish ones see it not.

Chandra Shekar Gr Said:
    What an irony !!. If holding prayers could solve the problem why are these priests not able to solve the problem of corruption, poverty.... Please grow up...

Read more at:

//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/62994268.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medi um=text&utm_campaign=cppstRead more at:
    //economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/62994268.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medi um=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Last edited by prasad1; 20-02-2018 at 10:19 PM.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    On a serious note, blaming God for our suffering may be just an emotional and irrational response.

Maybe God just does his duty (Dharma), and in the process, some are being hurt. In truth, everything around you do influence you in some way, does it not? Directly or indirectly, your friends, relations, colleagues, family, the institutions with which you are associated, your job or profession, the government, the earth, the planets and the stars play some role in your life. They make you happy or unhappy, and facilitate or obstruct your desires and actions. In the same manner, God may be influencing your life too.

When things go wrong, it is common for people to blame God, while atheists and rationalists respond with, “I told you so,” attitude.

Many people blame God for the suffering in the world or for the calamities and natural disasters, wondering how can a compassionate God let them happen.

However, the subtle truths of the Vedas and scriptures such as the Bhagavadgita are not known to many. Hence, their thinking about God mostly falls into the general mode, which is influenced by popular beliefs. The question is, whether it is appropriate to blame God for what happens to people or to the world? How far is he responsible for anyone’s life or their personal fortunes?God is invisible, physically unapproachable and mysterious. Any conclusions which people draw about him are speculative, inconclusive and indeterminate.

The doctrine of karma implies that God is not responsible for our lives. Individual and collective actions shape the destiny of the beings and the world.

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/ask/blaming-god.asp
    Last edited by prasad1; 21-02-2018 at 02:44 AM.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Asking is Losing Out

If you go to God to seek something, you will get merely what you have asked for. Besides, you can ask only for what fits in your little intellect. So you end up asking for petty things and miss out on something invaluable.

God is Enough
    The saints say, ideally, you should not ask from God but if you have to, then ask like a lover asks from his or her beloved. What do they ask for? Love! Ask God for His love. Ask for God from God.

With the Lord, you get everything. Why ask for petty things? Ask for just one, God! ‘O Lord! Give me the light to look in Thy direction. Give me the strength to understand Thy will for me.’ In this asking there is no begging. This asking only reveals the greatness of God.

The one, who has learnt to remain happy, does not need to ask for anything. Happiness for him is not in gaining something or in some happening; he remains happy in everything that happens.

Doubts Answered

Saints are frequently asked, ‘I have done a lot of prayers all my life but my prayers have not come to fruition. Why is God not listening to my crying? Is this not injustice towards me?’ Pointing out five flaws in these words, saints very beautifully reply-

1. Prayers: ‘Done’?

Firstly, prayer is not a doing. It is a state of being. You do not need to think or plan for a prayer; be prayerful at all times. But you understand and speak only the language of doing. You have turned a simple act of breathing also into your doing. In reality, you are not taking in the breath; it comes on its own. If you could, why would you ever stop breathing? Who breathes for you when you are fast asleep and when you are unconscious under anaesthesia? Similarly, prayer is not an act of doing either. If you say you did prayers, then your prayer is an illusion. Prayer should emerge and manifest from within.

2. Prayers: ‘Prayed a Lot’?

When you say, ‘I have done a lot of prayers,’ it is evident that you are tired of praying. Doing brings tiredness; being does not. Where there is ego, there is tiredness. If you had remained spontaneous, and not turned prayer into doing, you would not get tired of praying. If you had transformed prayer into love, if prayer was love for you, then you would have experienced relaxation, lightness, and freedom. But for you, it was a doing, which made them heavy and tiresome.

3. Prayers: ‘Don’t Give Fruits’?

When you say your prayers did not come to fruition, it shows that they were prompted by greed filled with desire for wealth, status, and an urge to evade difficulties. What the sinners want by committing sins, you want those same things by chanting, ringing bells, lighting lamps. But you fear being punished. If you were informed that there is no God who listens to your prayers and bestows favourable things, then you will stop praying. If you were told that there is nothing like hell where you suffer the painful results of your sinful actions, then you will not stop sinning. Prayer is not the need of your heart; it is just a demand. Your motive behind praying is the hope to attain worldly things. This is asking and not praying. In prayer you want to give, offer, surrender and dissolve. Prayers touch the heart. Prayers fill you with God.

4. Prayers: ‘Not Heard’?

You ask whether God listens to your crying? But do you have faith that ‘God is’? Do you trust prayers? You started to pray by merely listening to others or reading about it. All borrowed. Your faith is hollow. In your heart, there is doubt, and on your tongue, there is faith. Your prayer is like buying a lottery. If you lose, you lose only a rupee or so but the gain is in millions! In the same spirit, you pray. If you gain by praying, well done; if you don’t, you have lost nothing.If you have genuinely prayed, you would never insist that God should listen to your prayers. Only a worldly person can say, ‘God! Why are You deaf to my prayers? When will You listen to me? A devotee says, ‘God! I am deaf to Your call. When will I start listening to You?’ A devotee feels that life after life God has been calling him but it is he who is so occupied with sensual pleasures and passions that he cannot, nay he does not respond to God’s call. A devotee does not blame God, he accepts his shortcomings. ‘If I can’t see God, my vision is faulty. If I can’t listen to God, my ears are defective. If I can’t experience God’s grace, my connection is impaired. If I can’t feel God, I have lost the sensitivity.’ So wonderful is the state of a devotee.

5. Prayers: ‘Why Injustice’?

You say, ‘Why is God unjust?’ These cannot be the words of a devotee. A devotee is always praising his God. He is always in the state of gratitude. He always feels he is not worthy of God’s grace. He feels he is so undeserving, yet God has given him in abundance. Such is the attitude of a devotee. His eyes see what God has blessed him with. He realises their value and so he is always in the state of thankfulness.God is ever compassionate and merciful. He is continuously showering His grace upon everyone. But you have your own yardstick to gauge things. You see bad times as trouble and not a favour. When offered a gibbet instead of throne, you see it as a curse and not compassion. In fact it is a blessing in disguise alone. If you can see the reality, you can remain thankful to God even in adversities. That is real faith, true devotion.When the heart gets soaked with love divine, one is able to pray in the tone of eulogising. No complaints, only gratitude. No demands, only ecstasy.

https://timesofindia.speakingtree.in...ing-or-begging
    Last edited by prasad1; 21-02-2018 at 03:02 AM.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    On a serious note, blaming God for our suffering may be just an emotional and irrational response.

On a seious note we don’t blame God for our suffers

We only seek his blessings to get out of the sufferings

It is a prayer…a special prayer which is considered to be an integral part of Hindu religion.

Prayer or worship is considered to be an integral part of the Hindu religion. The chanting of mantras is the most popular form of worship in Hinduism. Yoga and meditation are also considered as a form of devotional service towards the Lord. The adjacent picture represents the Om sign, which is a sign of peace.

The Vedas are a collection of liturgy (mantras, hymns). Stuti is a general term for devotional literary compositions, but literally means praise.

The Hindu devotional Bhakti movements emphasizes repetitive prayer. Stemming from the universal Soul or Brahman, prayer is focused on the personal forms of God, such as Shiva, Vishnu, or Vishnu's Avatars, Rama and Krishna.

Before the process of ritual, before the invoking of different deities for the fulfillment of various needs, came the human aspiration to the highest truth, the foundational monism of Hinduism, pertaining ultimately to the one Brahman. Brahman, which summarily can be called the unknowable, true, infinite and blissful Divine Ground, is the source and being of all existence from which the cosmos springs. This is the essence of the Vedic system. The following prayer was part and parcel of all the Vedic ceremonies and continues to be invoked even today in Hindu temples all over India and other countries around the world, and exemplifies this essence:

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_in_Hinduism
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!

If you go to God to seek something, you will get merely what you have asked for.

This is enough

Vedas on fulfilment of our wishes….

Shri Rudram Chamakam

Shri Rudram occurs in the fourth kāṇda or book of the Taittiriya Samhita in the Krishna Yajurveda.[9] It consists of two chapter or praśnafrom fourth book of the Taittiriya Samhita (TS 4.5, 4.7), which is a recension of the Krishna Yajurveda. Name of both the chapters are Namakam (chapter five) and Chamakam (chapter seven) respectively[10]. Shri Rudram or the Namakam (chapter five) describes the name or epithets of Lord Rudra, which represent his aspects. Additionally, the devotee asks for the benevolent aspect of Lord Shiva to be invoked rather than the terrible aspect and requests forgiveness of sins. The Chamakam (chapter seven) asks for the fulfillment of wishes.[11] Each chapter consist of eleven anuvākas or hymns

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shri_Rudram_Chamakam
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast