Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clap2 God's creations !

0 Not allowed!
    A girl is sitting on the couch with her grandpa and studying the wrinkles on his old face.

She gets up the nerve to rub her fingers over the wrinkles.

She touches her own face and looks more puzzled.

Finally the girl asks, "Grandpa, did God make you?"

"He sure did honey, a long time ago," replies her grandpa.

"Well, did God make me?" asks the girl.

"Yes, He did, and that wasn't too long ago," answers her grandpa.

"Boy," says the little girl, "He's sure doing a lot better job these days isn't He?"

Source:
    http://www.ba-bamail.com/content.aspx?emailid=27405
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Well it takes me to a poem I was taught in school

All things bright and beautiful,
    All creatures great and small,
    All things wise and wonderful:
    The Lord God made them all.

I don't remember the entire poem it is all about the beauty of God's creations,!

3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    All things bright and beautiful,
    All creatures great and small,
    All things wise and wonderful,
    The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
    Each little bird that sings,
    He made their glowing colours,
    He made their tiny wings.

All things bright ...

The rich man in his castle,
    The poor man at his gate,
    God made them high and lowly,
    And ordered their estate.

All things bright ...

The purple headed mountain,
    The river running by,
    The sunset and the morning,
    That brightens up the sky;−

All things bright ...

The cold wind in the winter,
    The pleasant summer sun,
    The ripe fruits in the garden,−
    He made them every one:

All things bright ...

The tall trees in the greenwood,
    The meadows where we play,
    The rushes by the water,
    We gather every day;−

All things bright ...

He gave us eyes to see them,
    And lips that we might tell,
    How great is God Almighty,
    Who has made all things well.

All things bright ...

Source: Wiki
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 Not allowed!
    One who says that I know God does not know; one who knows the Truth says that I do not know. God is the unknown to a person of true knowledge; only the ignorant claim to know God (Kenoupanishad 2.01-03). The ultimate source of cosmic energy is and will remain a big mystery. Any specific description of God, including a description of heaven and hell, is nothing but a mental speculation.

Brahmanyan
    Bangalore
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmanyan View Post
    .......The ultimate source of cosmic energy is and will remain a big mystery. Any specific description of God, including a description of heaven and hell, is nothing but a mental speculation. ............

Dear Brahmanyan Sir,

This is the reason why I write often that 'Gods and Goddesses are man-made'!

There are several descriptions of Them, and all those descriptions are 'created' by humans.

We select our Isha Deivam according to our liking. (Mine is Shakthi Vinayakar).

The ultimate source of cosmic energy is what I think is THE ALMIGHTY!

avar indri OraNuvum asaiyAdhu!

9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    One who says that I know God does not know; one who knows the Truth says that I do not know. God is the unknown to a person of true knowledge; only the ignorant claim to know God (Kenoupanishad 2.01-03). The ultimate source of cosmic energy is and will remain a big mystery. Any specific description of God, including a description of heaven and hell, is nothing but a mental speculation.

Brahmanyan
    Bangalore
    Na Tasya Pratima Asti.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    Na Tasya Pratima Asti.
    hi

ano raneeyaan.....mahato mahiyaan ca...
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Na Tasya Pratima Asti.
    hi

ano raneeyaan.....mahato mahiyaan ca...yato vacho nivartyante....apraapya manasa saha...
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Na Tasya Pratima Asti.
    Doctor,

Here are my notes on "idol worship" copied from various sources.

Yajur Veda is clear when it declare "Na tasya prathima asti" (32:3) - "There is no image of Him". It declares worship of created things arise from ignorance "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste". ( 40:9) "Deep into shade of blinding gloom fall asambhuti's worshipers. They sink to darkness deeper yet who on sambhuti are intent."
    (Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Giffith). "Sambhuti" means created things, "Asambhuti" means "not created or natural elements".
    I give below further quotes from other scriptures.
    "Ekam evadvitiyam"
    "He is One only without a second." [Chandogya Upanishad 6:2]
    "Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah."
    "Of Him there are neither parents nor lord." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 6:9]
    "Na tasya pratima asti"
    "There is no likeness of Him." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19]
    "shudhama poapvidham"
    "He is bodiless and pure." [Yajurveda 40:8]
    "Na samdrse tisthati rupam asya, na caksusa pasyati kas canainam."
    "His form is not to be seen; no one sees Him with the eye." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:20]

To my mind it is certain that we cannot understand the mystery of creation with the available natural abilities of Body (senses) mind and intellect ,provided to us.

கண்டவர் விண்டிலர், விண்டவர் கண்டிலர்

தமிழ் மறைகளும் உபனிஷத்துகளும் இறைவனின் பெருமையைக் கூறுமிடத்து
    இறைவனை சொற்களால் வருணிக்க முடியாது என்றும் சொற்களுக்கு எட்டாத
    தூரத்தில் இருப்பவனே இறைவன் என்றும் தெளிவாகக் கூறுகின்றன.

My search for an answer will continue.

Brahmanyan
    Bangalore.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Doctor,

Here are my notes on "idol worship" copied from various sources.

Yajur Veda is clear when it declare "Na tasya prathima asti" (32:3) - "There is no image of Him". It declares worship of created things arise from ignorance "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste". ( 40:9) "Deep into shade of blinding gloom fall asambhuti's worshipers. They sink to darkness deeper yet who on sambhuti are intent."
    (Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Giffith). "Sambhuti" means created things, "Asambhuti" means "not created or natural elements".
    I give below further quotes from other scriptures.
    "Ekam evadvitiyam"
    "He is One only without a second." [Chandogya Upanishad 6:2]
    "Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah."
    "Of Him there are neither parents nor lord." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 6:9]
    "Na tasya pratima asti"
    "There is no likeness of Him." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19]
    "shudhama poapvidham"
    "He is bodiless and pure." [Yajurveda 40:8]
    "Na samdrse tisthati rupam asya, na caksusa pasyati kas canainam."
    "His form is not to be seen; no one sees Him with the eye." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:20]

To my mind it is certain that we cannot understand the mystery of creation with the available natural abilities of Body (senses) mind and intellect ,provided to us.

கண்டவர் விண்டிலர், விண்டவர் கண்டிலர்

தமிழ் மறைகளும் உபனிஷத்துகளும் இறைவனின் பெருமையைக் கூறுமிடத்து
    இறைவனை சொற்களால் வருணிக்க முடியாது என்றும் சொற்களுக்கு எட்டாத
    தூரத்தில் இருப்பவனே இறைவன் என்றும் தெளிவாகக் கூறுகின்றன.

My search for an answer will continue.

Brahmanyan
    Bangalore.

Dear Sir..
    But the idea of an image of God does allow an intimate personal relationship.

For eg in the mornings I play Shiva Tandava Stotram and sing along to keep it in my memory when I do yoga.

That time it feels nice to be able to feel connected to Shiva.

So image worship too has some loving touch.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast