Tamil Brahmins
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GANESH65 View Post
    Health issues are common with aging and one can't do much about it. Please don't consider yourself old and worn out. In fact you old people are treasure pots of experience and are capable of molding a new generation with their immense experience. You are doing an excellent job by sharing your experiences with the people. So we consider you as a treasure of this forum. Cheer!!
    Dear Mr. Ganesh,
    Thank you for your kind words. I make sure that my aging is confined only to my body. I do not let it affect my insatiable thirst for knowledge. We remain young-aged as long as we keep ourselves engaged usefully in learning!
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Visalakshi Ramani View Post
    Dear Mr. Ganesh,
    Thank you for your kind words. I make sure that my aging is confined only to my body. I do not let it affect my insatiable thirst for knowledge. We remain young-aged as long as we keep ourselves engaged usefully in learning!
    नाभुक्तं क्षीयते कर्म कल्प कोटि शतैरपि।
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GANESH65 View Post
    ...... ......
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, Amazing. thank you for sharing
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Namaskaram. Thank you
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I personally don't think there is a requirement to have multiple Gayatri mantras because the original one that invokes Savitur describes how Brahman or the One exists in infinite multiplicity; and of them all, it is the Inspiring Aspect of the Sun that is venerated as Savitur and asked to direct one's Citta. What matters is, resonating with Savitur, either by visualizing the Sunrise or Sunset, or by recalling the state that was (psychically) transferred by one's Guru while receiving the mantram.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sir,
    Some of the Gayatris are mis-spelt in the message. For example, the Nrusimha Gayatri as in mahaNaarayanopanishad is
    vajranakhAya vidmahe tIkShNada{\m+}ShTrAya dhImahi . tanno
    nArasi{\m+}haH prachodayAt.h .. 30..
    and not
    vajra Nakhay vidmahe Tikshna drashtay dhimahi tanno nrusinh prachodyat.
    and similarly those for Durga, aditya, surya etc needs correction.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100and9 View Post
    I personally don't think there is a requirement to have multiple Gayatri mantras because the original one that invokes Savitur describes how Brahman or the One exists in infinite multiplicity; and of them all, it is the Inspiring Aspect of the Sun that is venerated as Savitur and asked to direct one's Citta. What matters is, resonating with Savitur, either by visualizing the Sunrise or Sunset, or by recalling the state that was (psychically) transferred by one's Guru while receiving the mantram.
    These are part of homas for various purposes, as outlined in the maha Narayana upanishad. Nowadays rarely used, they indicate a period in indian history when such homas used to be widely performed.
    Last edited by KRN; 02-04-2018 at 04:38 PM.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRN View Post
    Sir,
    Some of the Gayatris are mis-spelt in the message. For example, the Nrusimha Gayatri as in mahaNaarayanopanishad is
    vajranakhAya vidmahe tIkShNada{\m+}ShTrAya dhImahi . tanno
    nArasi{\m+}haH prachodayAt.h .. 30..
    and not
    vajra Nakhay vidmahe Tikshna drashtay dhimahi tanno nrusinh prachodyat.
    and similarly those for Durga, aditya, surya etc needs correction.
    The references given below are self explanatory.
    So I will rather not waste everybody's time here!

In Hinduism

Purāṇa

Daṃṣṭrā (दंष्ट्रा).—A daughter of Krodhavaśa and a wife of Pulaha;1 gave birth to lions, tigers, elephants, etc.2
    Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: The Purana Index

context informationThe Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
    Discover the meaning of damshtra in the context of Purana from relevant books on Exotic India

General definition (in Hinduism)

Daṃṣṭra (दंष्ट्र) denoting a prominent tooth, ‘tusk’, or ‘fang’ of an animal, occurs often from the Rigveda onwards.
    Source: archive.org: Vedic index of Names and Subjects

50. த3சா’ to தா3னவ:

981. த3சா’ = ஆடையின் ஓரம், விளக்கின் திரி, காலம், நிலை, கோள்களின் நிலை.

982. த3சா’ந்த: = திரியின் முடிவு பாகம், வாழ்க்கையின் இறுதி.

983. த3ஹனம் = எரிதல், எரித்து முடித்தல்.

984. த3ம்ச’: = கடித்தல், பாம்பு கடித்தல், கிழித்தல், காட்டு ஈ, தோஷம், பல்,
    கவசம், குறைபாடு.

985. த3ம்ச’க: = நாய், பெரிய ஈ.

986. த3ம்ஷ்ட்ரா = பெரிய பல், கோரைப்பல், யானையின் பல்

987. த3ம்ஷ்ட்ரின் = பாம்பு, காட்டுப்பன்றி.

988. த3க்ஷ: = ஒரு பிரஜாபதியின் பெயர், கோழி, நெருப்பு, கெட்டிக்காரன், சிவன்.

989. த3க்ஷிண = வலது, தெற்கான, நிபுணனான, நேர்மையுள்ள, சாமர்த்தியமுள்ள.

990. த3க்ஷிண: = வலக்கை, ஒழுக்கம் உள்ள நல்ல மனிதன், சிவன், விஷ்ணு.

991. த3க்ஷிணா = காணிக்கை, தானம், அந்தணருக்குக் கொடுக்கப்படும் தக்ஷிணை, பால் நிறையத் தரும் பசு, தென் திசை, நாட்டின் தென் பகுதி.

992. த3க்ஷிணாயனம் = சூரியன் பூமத்திய ரேகைக்குத் தெற்க்கே செல்லும் 6 மாத காலம்.

993. த3க்ஷிணா மூர்த்தி = சிவபிரான்.

994. தா3 = கொடுக்க, ஒப்புவிக்க, விட்டுவிட, வைக்க, அனுமதி அளிக்க, திருமணத்தில் தர.

995. தா3டி3கா = தாடி.

996. தா3டி3ம: = மாதுளை மரம்.

997. தா3டிமம் = மாதுளம் பழம்.

998. தா3த்ரு = கொடுப்பவன், கடன் தருபவன், உபாத்தியாயர்.

999. தா3னம் = கொடுத்தல், சமர்பித்தல், ஒப்படைத்தல், உதவி, தானம், ரக்ஷணை, காத்தல் .

1000. தா3னவ: = அரக்கன்.

https://sanskrittotamil.wordpress.co...E%A9%E0%AE%B5/
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

2 Not allowed!
    Dear friends,

If you come across any slips/ mistakes kindly bring them to my notice.I am open to correction and suggestions!

I value credibility and authenticity more than anything else.
    Not just in this thread but in any of the blogs in my website

http://visalakshiramani.weebly.com/
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast