Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 70/6
    Given: 7/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I'd like to state two things:

1) The election result in UP is not an approval of demonetization. Indian public in general is overawed by the Advertising campaigns run by the BJP in whatsapp, facebook and twitter. The poor man still suffers, and is put through much hardship.

2) Transactions in black still flourish. Regulations are only for the middle class while the rich swagger their power and have their way. A close colleague of mine told me that a recent land deal was registered at 80 lakhs approx while the original value was 3 crores (rest paid in black). So anybody harbouring notions of a black money free India can cool their heels now.
    Q. Who are you? A. I am God.
    Q. How do I know it? A. I can do anything; ask me.
    Q. Can you make me more powerful than you? A. I will make you the priest.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 69/6
    Given: 246/15

Noted economist Jagdish Bhagwati comes to the aid of demonetization & has said that it will lead to higher growth..True!! There will be a revival of sorts..Heady days ahead!!

Anti-demonetisation experts like Amartya Sen stand 'humiliated and exposed': Jagdish Bhagwati

PTI New Delhi

March 18, 2017

Globally acclaimed economist Jagdish Bhagwati on Friday said demonetisation will promote growth while Amartya Sen and other experts who denounced it stand "humiliated and exposed".

"On the effects of demonetisation on growth, I should say that I was the one economist who had argued (with my co-authors), from first principles, that demonetisation would increase, not diminish, growth," he said.

"And that is exactly what appears to have happened," he said further. "The Prime Ministers success in Uttar Pradesh has therefore meant that Amartya Sen and his friends who argued that demonetisation would hurt growth, have been humiliated and exposed as much as the Congress," Bhagwati told PTI in an email interview. He is a professor of Economics, Law, and International Relations at the Columbia University.

"After BJPs victory in Uttar Pradesh, indeed Prime Minister Narendra Modi is now in an even stronger position than when he was first elected resoundingly," Bhagwati said.

He also said that three things ought to be noted that made (Prime Minister Narendra Modis) current position unassailable. "First, he has finally decimated the Gandhi-Nehru dynasty, so the Congress is not merely on the ropes; they also lack currently anyone of stature who can rescue it from oblivion," he said.

Second, the Muslim vote no longer is a monolithic anti-BJP vote, Bhagwati said, adding, "I suppose that while BJP did not field Muslim candidates in the Uttar Pradesh election, surely Muslims were aware that the propaganda that Prime Minister Modi was anti-Muslim was an outrageous lie."

http://www.businesstoday.in/current/...s_full_article
    Last edited by vgane; 19-03-2017 at 03:10 PM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/2
    Given: 17/0

Govt said it collected Rs. 6k crore as black money by unknown yardstick. Is it flattering? May be for ModiJi's sympathisers.Most of it could be just household savings retrieved from unimaginable nooks and holes. Petty hawkers pockets are pinched. There is no talk about black money now. Where are lakhs of crores of BM. Only (deceptive perhaps) good outcome is ModiJi's supporters are happy. So far so good. Because it is a large chunk "conscious" people.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/7
    Given: 8/14

Looking back at demonetisation: The concerns of its legion of critics have all been proven plain wrong

Whatever else supporters and critics of the Indian government’s demonetisation exercise may disagree on, everyone will agree that the decision by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 8 November 2016, to remove from legal tender high denomination notes (HDNs) accounting for about 86% of the currency stock in value terms was a bold and unprecedented move. Indeed, it is arguably one of the great economic experiments in modern history and will be studied for years to come.

Given the disputes about the measure’s wisdom and success, however, it is time to take stock of what was said in the aftermath of 8 November and what has actually transpired since then.

Read more at: http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes...n-plain-wrong/
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/2
    Given: 17/0

There are number of Ramyanas from those period of least populated times. Similarly there will be umpteen number of history writers from the teeming billions, concocting stories in support of demonetisation. The man in the street knows it was just an egoistic exercise. Like they used thermocol to prevent evaporation of water off the river. Real Tuqluq culture.
    கற்றது கை மண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748