• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Haldi/ kumkum ceremony for non golu custom during navratri..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends,
I need info for haldi kumkum ceremony. Actually we invite sumangalis to get manjal n kumkumam n we gift them small ladies related thing. But I need how to decorate our pooja murai. We dont hv custom of keeping golu at in laws house. We normally sing amman song n chant slokas at friend home who keep golu. Pls tell me wat to do n follow custom even if we dnt keep golu...

thanks
nithya.

Even if you don't keep gollu, you can make sundal everyday during Navarathri.

Along with manjal kumkum, ladies are offered coconut / fruit, vetallai paaku. This is almost mandatory!

Giving a gift item is your choice: a lot of women have discontinued giving blouse piece, mirror and comb because this gets recycled!

In our house, we invite widows too...the only thing is some of them do not take the manjal kumkum.

The essence of gollu is for women to get together.

I sincerely hope my reply is useful to you.

If you are having pooja room with god and goddess pictures. It is enough. decorate with flowers to the pictures. Do neivedhyam of sundal. then camphor aarathy. then distribute the sundal and ladies related things. they can sing songs to the goddess pictures where ever it is there in your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back