• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Praying for a quick solution to the missing Malaysian plane mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri.sravana Sir

Did renukaji advised you to pray for quick solution to the missing malaysian plane mystery and also for the safety of the passengers!!!

Very Strange!!

renukaji says that ‘I have not said a single prayer in a very very long time’

Please view this:

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/15827-malaysia-airlines-tvk-3.html

in another thread she says"
Sometimes prayer is actually "passing the buck" just to relieve our own feelings.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/15827-malaysia-airlines-tvk-2.html

and you are doing a prayer as per her Advice!!!

Last edited:
Sri.sravana Sir

Did renukaji advised you to pray for quick solution to the missing malaysian plane mystery and also for the safety of the passengers!!!

Very Strange!!

Please view this:

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/15827-malaysia-airlines-tvk-3.html

With great age comes great wisdom. You ought to maintain the dignity expected of your age rather than running to Mr Moderator if anyone contradicts you even a tad.

You can afford to spout philosophy from your golden cage since you enjoy a life far removed from reality. However, this doesn't afford you a license to make hurtful remarks ever so often.

Had your near and dear been caught in 9/11, your reactions would have been restrained and sensitive. You wouldn't have explained away a great tragedy with useless philosophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
In defense of Renukaji's position.
She said she has not prayed for herself. She did ask Sravnaji to pray if he thinks it will help the situation. I see no contradiction in it.

In defense of Renukaji's position.
She said she has not prayed for herself. She did ask Sravnaji to pray if he thinks it will help the situation. I see no contradiction in it.

Prasad,

A serious reflection about a great tragedy is quickly degenerating into a series of Poor Jokes, what with some people betraying an utter lack of sensitivity towards the hapless souls, and passing mighty remarks from the safety of their basements or living rooms.

Let us stop any discussion about this tragedy till some form of the truth emerges.

We all are concerned, and we all are speculating. I see nothing wrong in the speculations. I agree that it might be better to wait for some facts.

and we all are speculating. I see nothing wrong in the speculations. I agree that it might be better to wait for some facts.

I concur. However, passing poor jokes ascribing such great tragedy to Karma et al is tantamount to insulting the memories of the missing souls, and paying lip service towards their loved ones. That must end.

Why isn't prayer a personal choice? Whoever wants to pray can pray. Whoever doesnt want to pray need not pray. What is the point of debating in the forum and trying to censure each other?

Agreed biswa Sir, no argument on that, but Srisravana Sir says he is praying because renukaji has told him so to find a quick solution!!

I person who has not prayed for a long long time and considers prayer as " passing the Buck' is advising!!

Sri.sravana Sir

Very Strange!!

Please view this:

in another thread she says"
Sometimes prayer is actually "passing the buck" just to relieve our own feelings.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/15827-malaysia-airlines-tvk-2.html

Dear PJ sir,

You are 100% right!

I am not praying for anything at all even though I am hoping for the best outcome.I am anxious and worried for the safety of the passengers. It is a very stressful situation out here..24 hours TV and newspapers is all about the plane and all of us are really worried.

In fact my post to Sravna in another thread where I saw him talking about temperature of Chennai not going beyond 30C etc..I thought since Sravna believed in the power of prayer and was wasting his precious time for stuff that are not even needed and trivial.....I suggested he pray for the airlines.

My post to Sravna was semi sarcastic cos I felt that when people could be dead or alive out there..praying for a cooler chennai looked totally misplaced and misdirected.

I hope its clear now what I really meant!

I DID NOT ask for any special prayer to be held.I believe in results and not prayers alone.

All I did suggest to Sravna is "If he felt prayer works..he should be using the power of prayer for deserving situations and not for a decreasing temperature by 1- 2 C"

This is what I wrote to Sravna..I hope everyone can see sarcasm woven in my words.

Dear Sravna,

If you really want to spend time praying for the temperature to come down some 1 to 2 degrees why dont you channel your prayers for some life saving efforts after all no one dies at a temperature of 35 to 40C. I have friends in New Delhi who live thorough a summer of 45 C and a winter of 7 C.

I am sitting here in my clinic and the outside temperature is some 35 C and with Haze and dry weather..no rains and water rationing ..I get water in my house now only every 2 days cos right now the absence of rains has affected the water reserves..and I am still alive and I am not dead.

So I do hope if you believe that the power of prayer actually works..kindly sit and pray that the missing Malaysian airline plane is found.

Last edited:
Dear PJ sir,

You are 100% right!

I am not praying for anything at all even though I am hoping for the best outcome.I am anxious and worried for the safety of the passengers.

In fact my post to Sravna in another thread where I saw him talking about temperature of Chennai not going beyond 30C etc..I thought since Sravna believed in the power of prayer and was wasting his precious time for stuff that are not even needed and trivial.....I suggested he pray for the airlines.

My post to Sravna was semi sarcastic cos I felt that when people could be dead or alive out there..praying for a cooler chennai looked totally misplaced.

I hope its clear now what I really meant!

I DID NOT ask for any special prayer to be held.

All I did suggest to Sravna is "If he felt prayer works..he should be using the power of prayer for a deserving situations and not for a decreasing temperature by 1- 2 C"

You guys should read my post to Sravna again and again before getting into a debate.
Good morning Renukaji
I am happy to see you back in usual combative style early in the morning. Everything will be alright.Hopefully the plane will get located and the crisis will end.many nations have joined in the search. one of the false passport fellows has been identified. truth will be out.perhaps a day or so more.let us keep our fingers crossed.

renukaji

Appreciate your frank admission that after all you only made a semi sarcastic observation about prayer!!

Dear Renuka,

I was not able to see the sarcasm in the post. Sorry about that. But I feel that prayers could help and would continue to pray and request all those who believe in prayers to pray.

renukaji

Appreciate your frank admission that after all you only made a semi sarcastic observation about prayer!!

Dear PJ sir,

I might have made a semi sarcastic observation about prayer not to deride prayer but just to get prayer into the right direction for those who believed in it.

I am sure right now praying for a cooler chennai would only seem totally misdirected.

I do hope people realize that not praying does not mean that one is an Atheist or Anti God or a Devil Incarnate.

I did write in another thread..that from Bhagavad Geeta it is pretty obvious that one has to give up all forms of Dharma and totally surrender to HIM..Lord Krishna does end His stanza with the word "FEAR NOT"...the reason most probably is when we give up the idea of prayer we go into Nirasharaya mode..when we depend on no one except ourselves and that can actually be scary and fearful.

Dear Renuka,

I was not able to see the sarcasm in the post. Sorry about that. But I feel that prayers could help and would continue to pray and request all those who believe in prayers to pray.

Dear Sravna,

Its ok..no problems. I do hope you would continue any effort for the most deserving situation.

regards

With any tragedy human beings tend to find many ways to express their emotions. Some are able to express in an articulate manner, others by keeping quiet and yet others by saying or doing things that may seem to not fit. There are no standards since every person is unique.

There are no right or wrong expression in my view provided a person does not go out of their way saying mean and hurtful things.

Many of us can empathize with the people who may have lost their loved ones simply because we all take plane travel for granted.

Let us hope and wish a closure to this tragic situation is reached soon ....

Agreed biswa Sir, no argument on that, but Srisravana Sir says he is praying because renukaji has told him so to find a quick solution!!

I person who has not prayed for a long long time and considers prayer as " passing the Buck' is advising!!

And seemingly this post comes across as passing a negative judgment which is not helpful in my view

Dear Renuka,

I was not able to see the sarcasm in the post. Sorry about that. But anyway I feel that prayers could help and so would continue to pray and request all who believe in prayers to pray.

Dear PJ sir,

I might have made a semi sarcastic observation about prayer not to deride prayer but just to get prayer into the right direction for those who believed in it.

I am sure right now praying for a cooler chennai would only seem totally misdirected.

I do hope people realize that not praying does not mean that one is an Atheist or Anti God or a Devil Incarnate.

I did write in another thread..that from Bhagavad Geeta it is pretty obvious that one has to give up all forms of Dharma and totally surrender to HIM..Lord Krishna does end His stanza with the word "FEAR NOT"...the reason most probably is when we give up the idea of prayer we go into Nirasharaya mode..when we depend on no one except ourselves and that can actually be scary and fearful.

Doc,

Do not try to be sarcastic. There are others in this forum who drip sarcasm from every pore.

Praying for the hapless souls in that ill-fated plane will not change what's happened (what happened?) and bring them back to life. You might, however, want to pray that their loved ones get proper counseling to cope with the tragedy. Time, after all, is *not* the best healer.

Doc,

Do not try to be sarcastic. There are others in this forum who drip sarcasm from every pore.

Praying for the hapless souls in that ill-fated plane will not change what's happened (what happened?) and bring them back to life. You might, however, want to pray that their loved ones get proper counseling to cope with the tragedy. Time, after all, is *not* the best healer.

Ash..kindly go through my posts again.

I think you have not understood what I wrote.

Ash..kindly go through my posts again.

I think you have not understood what I wrote.

Any discussion about any tragedy is stressful for any person with an iota of compassion. I suggest you take some time off and return when you hear real news on what happened (you might even want to offer counseling to people who lost loved ones).

Dear Folks,

For those who believe in God and prayers , this is a God sent opportunity to show that their belief is well founded. Let us put some intensive effort and pray for a very quick solution to the mystery, by which I mean a solution in the next 24-48 hrs.

Dear Folks,

For those who believe in God and prayers , this is a God sent opportunity to show that their belief is well founded. Let us put some intensive effort and pray for a very quick solution to the mystery, by which I mean a solution in the next 24-48 hrs.

Dear Sravna,

God sent opportunity??

Do you know how insensitive that sounds? As if God has no other better work to hide a plane and make you guys practice group prayer??

Sravna..I really dont mind anyone praying for anything but please word your sentences correctly.

Dont paint a bad picture of God as if He does harm to us humans!

In fact you make it sound as if God could have hijacked the plane for you to start group prayer frenzy!

Its high time you realize that God does not MICRO MANAGE and God does not have to prove a point by causing disaster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back