• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

உண்டி சுருங்குதல் பெண்டிற்கழகு
(இது பழைய பழமொழி)

பேச்சு சுருங்குதல் பெண்டிற்கழகு.

(இது ரொம்பப் புதுமொழி)

Beliefs vary from country to country, from religion to religion and from one generation to another !

To roam around with the hair let loose, without sporting the tikka and wearing the manga sutra is unthinkable for me!

But the modern girls do not think about such things any more.

The concept is that they have to merge in the crowd they live in.

After reading about the dot busters I see their point of view.

Who would want to get beaten up just because you look different!

Moral:

All living things adapt to their environment to survive successfully!

Has new group been formed - with or without a catchy name like this one??? :decision:

Dotbusters - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dotbusters

The Dotbusters was a hate group in Jersey City, New Jersey, that attacked and threatened South Asians, particularly Indians in the fall of 1987. The name ...Criminal activities‎: ‎assault, ‎hate crime
Years active‎: ‎1985-1993

Dotburster have not disappeared from the face of the earth.
They are still there- may be working without a tag or identity by becoming an anamika.
They strike when the moment is favorable and opportune to them!
The news given below has NOT appeared in Yahoo news -
either the Indian version or the American version till now!

• Attack on Indians: Andhra woman, son strangled to death in New...

www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/andhra-woman-7-year-old-son-strangled-to-death-in-new-jersey-us-attack-on-indians-117032400584_1.htmlCached

6 hours ago ... Two Indian nationals, a mother and her six-year-old son, from Andhra ... Rao works in CTS and has been living in New Jersey for nine years.

The moth and the aftermath!

A moth went to meet its God
Looking very sad indeed!

It has planned a conquest;
And made a strange request!

“The flame must get put out
Every time I jump into it!”

“Be it so!” said the merciful God;
The moth want away very glad!

Every time the moth jumps on a flame,
The flame of its own Life gets put out!

Man becomes proud with every rare boon
Which is going to destroy him very soon!

How very sad that the boons do
Backfire for these insects too!

A boon is a curse in disguise!
A curse is a boon in disguise!

The curse and the boon depend on
The uses to which they are put in!

The flame often gets the blame
Though the Moth’s wish was lame!

It fits well in the divine scheme
The vile insect to be kept tame;

To trap the wicked in its own game
And make the world go on the same!

A Rose is a Rose by any name;
A flame is a flame by any name.

Whoever bites more than he can chew
Will be made to disappear like the dew!

Visalakshi Ramani

17. பூரண சரணாகதி.

ஒரு சிறந்த இறை பக்தனுக்கும்,
ஒரு சலவைத் தொழிலாளிக்கும்

வலுத்து விட்ட வாக்குவாதம்
வம்புச் சண்டையில் முடியவே;

துவைக்கலானான் அப்பக்தனையும்
துணிகளைப் போலவே வண்ணான்.

“கண்ணா! கண்ணா!” என்று பக்தன்
கதறுவது கேட்டதும் எழுந்தான்,

ஒய்யாரமாக வைகுண்டத்திலே
ஓய்வு எடுத்துக்கொண்டிருந்தவன்.

நான்கடிகள் நடந்து சென்றவன்,
மீண்டும் வந்து அமர்ந்துவிடவே,

நாயகனிடம் விவரம் கேட்டாள்,
நானிலம் வணங்கும் இலக்குமி.

“நானே செல்ல வேண்டியதில்லை;
தானே திருப்பி அடிக்கத் துணிந்தவன்,

தன்னையே காத்துக் கொள்வான்;
என்னை எதிர்பார்க்க மாட்டான்!”

சரணாகதியும் பலன்கள் தரும்
பூரணமாக இருந்தால் மட்டுமே.

போராடியவரை பாஞ்சாலிக்குமே
புடவைகள் தரவில்லையே கண்ணன்.

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

https://visalramani.wordpress.com/about/2491-2/17-பரிபூரண-சரணாகதி/

These days I am amazed by the lack of logical thinking of people who have college degrees.

They do not seem to have common sense.

Some weeks ago I had given a person an injection which made her drowsy and I told her.."No driving after this injection as it will make you drowsy"

She said " no problem..I wont drive as you said therefore I will ride the motorbike instead"

I was thinking "OMG! I need to be so specific now..I need to tell : Do not drive a car..do not ride a bike..do not ride a bicycle...do not skate..do not roller blade..do not walk..!LOL

It somehow didnt stick into her brain that once one is drowsy anything that requires driving or riding isnt safe anymore.

Seriously common sense is lacking.

Also I have noticed decline in memory function of people becos of over dependence on smartphones.

No one makes a habit to use brain to remember anymore.

For every idiotic thing there is an App these days...Seriously speaking Apps are going to rob humans of their thinking capacity and I am pretty sure Dementia would be on the rise soon.

Reading habit is also on the decline...God knows what else will happen in the future.

These days I am amazed by the lack of logical thinking of people who have college degrees.

They do not seem to have common sense.

Doctor Madam,

Don’t worry Madam,

For those who worry about others and future…… I used the refer the following words of Sathya Sai … who lives on.. IMHO

Sathya Sai Baba says that He is the second of a triple incarnation. The first was Shirdi Sai Baba and the third will be Prema Sai Baba. Below, we give the information that is known about Prema Sai Baba, with references to the sources. Some of the sources are contradictory with regard to Prema Sai and when he will come on Earth.

The first mention of Prema Sai by Sathya Sai Baba appears to be in the discourse Shiva Shakthi, 6 July 1963, In a conversation between Shiva, Shakthi, and Bharadwaja after Bharadwaja performed a ritual, Shiva said that they would take human form and be born in the Bharadwaja lineage, thrice: Shiva alone as Shirdi Sai Baba, Shiva and Shakthi together at Puttaparthy as Sathya Sai Baba, and Shakthi alone as Prema Sai, later.

Howard Murphet, in his book Sai Baba: Invitation to Glory (Chapter 4), says that

Finally, Sathya Sai states, there will be Prema Sai who, one year after the passing of the Sathya Sai form, will be born in Karnataka (the old Mysore State), at a place between Bangalore and the city of Mysore.

Courtesy: https://www.sathyasai.org/intro/premasai.htm

They do not seem to have common sense. .

True - This. Happened when J was hospitalized ! The consultant has suggested a sleeping dose of Gardinal if needed - around 11 PM The doctor on duty woke him up and gave the sleeping shot wishing him good night!

Doctor Madam,

Don’t worry Madam,

For those who worry about others and future…… I used the refer the following words of Sathya Sai … who lives on.. IMHO

Sathya Sai Baba says that He is the second of a triple incarnation. The first was Shirdi Sai Baba and the third will be Prema Sai Baba. Below, we give the information that is known about Prema Sai Baba, with references to the sources. Some of the sources are contradictory with regard to Prema Sai and when he will come on Earth.

The first mention of Prema Sai by Sathya Sai Baba appears to be in the discourse Shiva Shakthi, 6 July 1963, In a conversation between Shiva, Shakthi, and Bharadwaja after Bharadwaja performed a ritual, Shiva said that they would take human form and be born in the Bharadwaja lineage, thrice: Shiva alone as Shirdi Sai Baba, Shiva and Shakthi together at Puttaparthy as Sathya Sai Baba, and Shakthi alone as Prema Sai, later.

Howard Murphet, in his book Sai Baba: Invitation to Glory (Chapter 4), says that

Finally, Sathya Sai states, there will be Prema Sai who, one year after the passing of the Sathya Sai form, will be born in Karnataka (the old Mysore State), at a place between Bangalore and the city of Mysore.

Courtesy: https://www.sathyasai.org/intro/premasai.htm

I get what you mean..you are trying to say there is contradictory opinion in appearance of Prema Sai despite some choose to believe Sai Baba lives on or will make an appearance.

Now the illogical part is why you dragging in Sathya Sai Baba here?

Anyway I do not expect any logical reply from you.LOL

Last edited:
Dear Renu,
True! People are losing all their talents.

When we were kids we used to recite multiplication tables involving not only integers but also fraction like 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 etc. My grand father could recite tables involving 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32 etc. If I remember correctly... their names were araikkal, veesam and maahaaNi respectively .

A rupee had 16 annas and each Anna had 12 paise . So the knowledge of all these tables were absolutely necessary. When the decimal system was adopted and rupee was made to have 100 paise everything about fractions was promptly forgotten.

Yesterday we made our first visit to the dentist. The assistant of the dentist told me that cleaning the right side of my mouth will cost 162 $ and the left side 138$.

He was still trying to add these together when I told him that it will cost me 300$ to get both sides cleaned . He was duly impressed and said I seemed to be very good in Mathematics.

It is not their inability to count, even the numbers they write look so different like some Greek alphabets or Sanskrit numerals. I always make it a point to get the numbers deciphered and clarified! :)

Dear Renu,
True! People are losing all their talents.

When we were kids we used to recite multiplication tables involving not only integers but also fraction like 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 etc. My grand father could recite tables involving 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32 etc. If I remember correctly... their names were araikkal, veesam and maahaaNi respectively .

A rupee had 16 annas and each Anna had 12 paise . So the knowledge of all these tables were absolutely necessary. When the decimal system was adopted and rupee was made to have 100 paise everything about fractions was promptly forgotten.

Yesterday we made our first visit to the dentist. The assistant of the dentist told me that cleaning the right side of my mouth will cost 162 $ and the left side 138$.

He was still trying to add these together when I told him that it will cost me 300$ to get both sides cleaned . He was duly impressed and said I seemed to be very good in Mathematics.

It is not their inability to count, even the numbers they write look so different like some Greek alphabets or Sanskrit numerals. I always make it a point to get the numbers deciphered and clarified! :)

Well said VR ji.

Its risky to let the brain be taken over by machines.

I get what you mean..you are trying to say there is contradictory opinion in appearance of Prema Sai despite some choose to believe Sai Baba lives on or will make an appearance.

Now the illogical part is why you dragging in Sathya Sai Baba here?

Anyway I do not expect any logical reply from you. LOL

My point is that the creator Almighty knows better.

While so, why should one worry about things which one cannot be straighten

And most of us spend time only talking about others’ plus and minuses, while one has got lot to correct by self. Most are silent about this aspect. LOL

BTW, I can cite lot of postings in this very same Forum which are illogical.

And who is to determine as to which is logical and illogical, especially with a totally biased mind.

I can hear some one saying 'All are sailing in the same BOAT', but some tend to think too much about themselves.

Now you can have your last word.

P.S: We can speak about Wren & Martin, Vocabulary, Accent, Longman, Heritage, Cambridge, Oxford, etc and finally about PACHYDERM. LOL

I just remember the movie song ...Neengal AtThanaiPerum Utthamardhana Sollungal...

Last edited by a moderator:
My point is that the creator Almighty knows better.

While so, why should one worry about things which one cannot be straighten

And most of us spend time only talking about others’ plus and minuses, while one has got lot to correct by self. Most are silent about this aspect. LOL

BTW, I can cite lot of postings in this very same Forum which are illogical.

And who is to determine as to which is logical and illogical, especially with a totally biased mind.

I can hear some one saying 'All are sailing in the same BOAT'.

Now you can have your last word.

P.S: We can speak about Wren & Martin, Vocabulary, Accent, Longman, Heritage, Cambridge, Oxford, etc and finally about PACHYDERM. LOL

I just remember the movie song ...Neengal AtThanaiPerum Utthamardhana Sollungal...

Ha ha ha...selective amnesiaLOL

I am sure I will win hands down if I take a vote as who is more guilty of the crime you just accused me of..ha ha ha ha.

Kya Logic Yaar!LOL

you can have the last word cos I will always have the last laugh..ha ha ha ha..

Ha ha ha...selective amnesiaLOL

I am sure I will win hands down if I take a vote as who is more guilty of the crime you just accused me of..ha ha ha ha.

Kya Logic Yaar!LOL

you can have the last word cos I will always have the last laugh..ha ha ha ha..

All those who think that they are certainly sanctimonious can have the last laugh. ha.....ha.....ha......ha.

The Sanskrit Tamil dictionary blogged by me is being well used. :)

https://sanskrittotamil.wordpress.com

The daily average views is 50+ and the monthly average views is 1500+.

Some times the daily views may shoot up to 500+

All-time posts, views, and visitors

• [*=left]

[*=left]
    Views

[*=left]
    Visitors

[*=left]
    Best Views Ever
    September 27, 2016

Is Man an animal?

Is it a sin for a woman to think?
Does it always deserve a sting?

Some prefer to sink than think!
Some prefer to blink than think!

Many prefer to sleep and stink,
In life’s problems willing to sink!

Man drowns his sorrows in a drink,
Than use his upper chamber to think!

The lovely sound that does link
Such people together, is the clink!

Men wink at people who do think;
Call them names such as Mink!

Even when they badly 'need a shrink'
Label the others as 'being on the brink'.

Life is a comedy for those who drink!
Life is a tragedy for those who think!

Dedicated to the women thinkers of the world
who have to 'bear the brunt' also in home front!

Latest ads

Back