• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why there are no Brahmin Tamil writers anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of translating names in other languages, I am reminded of my childhood days when my brother translated the

name of a violin maestro as 'Hole Venkata God Dog du'!! (du was in the original name)

May be du = cross because we make du (kAy) when we are cross with someone! :becky:

I think he is a Muslim.

manushyaputhran aka abdul hameed has had an interesting life. he was born handicapped and almost abandoned by his family. by chance sujatha the author met him, and encouraged him and introduced him to poetry.

he changed his name and was a respectable publisher uyirmai publication. all of a sudden, a few years back, he became a sycophant of karunanidhi and has lost respect among many of his erstwhile followers.

his wikipedia blurb does not mention anything about sujatha or his dysfunctional family/abandonment or his severe spinal handicap, which confines him permanently to wheelchair. i have read it elsewhere and his ode to sujatha. over years people's loyalties and ways of thinking change. i guess.

We love Name Game - We have Name Changersers who will do that for you on cosultations Tinkering with lucky numbers - adding few english alphabets to your existing name as written in English promising a Game change in in your life the very next day ! But will not change the format in Tamil!

Some times changes are for political and Public cause ! Aurengazeb became Abdul Kalam in Delhi Ooty became Uthagamandalam - But people want Ooty back for their economic consideration! - Sometimes we agitate burn buses for name change as if for a noble cause! சண்டியர் became விருமாண்டி Now சபாஷ் நாயுடு is facing the tune in Coimbatore Demand to drop Punjab from Udta Punjab is growing!

Oh ! What is in a name? Kamalahasan should know!

பிசாசுமுக்கண்ணண்் This is the name change by a வட்டசெயளாளர் to please his Partys supremo நல்டம்பி in a political satire serial by Cho decades back - Any guess about his original Name?

Cho is a perfect example of how indisciplined are Smarthas when religion or Shaivite Gods matter. He even joked with the name Chengalvarayan (I presume the name denotes Lord Muruga) as Karungalvarayan.

The other name of indiscipline is Smarthas.

Cho is a perfect example of how indisciplined are Smarthas when religion or Shaivite Gods matter. He even joked with the name Chengalvarayan (I presume the name denotes Lord Muruga) as Karungalvarayan.

The other name of indiscipline is Smarthas.

I have not heard about this - Even Chengalrayan idol has to made of Karungal and in that sense probably he coined Karungalvarayan!
தெலியலேது ராமா!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back