• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why Do Indians Eat With Their Hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ram has a cousin sister who always wears costly sarees; no churidhArs / pant - shirt!

She has traveled to many countries and received many awards too.

She cooks in the typical old style - grinding in ammi and kuzhavi; pounding rice flour in ural and so on!

She is a very rich mine owner; never cares about what others comment about her age old methods! :cool:
I like this very much

When Ladies take oil bath on fridays abroad , cleaners give dirty looks when they go into bath rooms in hotels to clean up
also recent trend in hotels , huge glass see thru partitions between room and bathrooms
my wife was horrified on a recent trip we got into one such room due to prior booking and could not change

I like people who stick to their guns and not alter their life style to please anyone , however outmoded their living style is.

my son recently during his student days in chennai walked into airport in half pant and tea shirt as his place was flooded and he had to wade through water .to catch the flight. everyone looked at him a six footer half wet in half pants . he coolly said if foreigners do it in india why not indians atleast in emergency

hang the dress code and eating methods . the idea is comfort and what you like

everything else can go to hell

VGANEji
You are dehi based
Have you been To andhra bhavan in delhi

you can see from legislaters to most ordinary folks how people of diverse south indian backgrounds and some northies eat

the food is unlimited and not expensive because of govt subsidy .

some foreign tourist on budget also land up

no one thinks whether people eat using spoons or with hands in a public place

when it comes to food people want food at reasonable price .and do not care about spoons or hands

may be at five star hotels ,it might be an issue

in foriegn countries , in various eateries ,I have eaten caring too little aboutwhat people would think

It is our food we have paid for , we shall eat the way we want

take it or leave it

if we lose our image or business ,so be it
hi sir,

i visited andhra bhavan in delhi many times....just for typical andra lunch...i like very much...i saw many legislators there in bhavan

cafetaria....very simple with dhoti/kurta.....normal folks like us.....very tasty authenticate andhra food....but i saw tamil nadu

bhavan in a different manner....just info.....my wife used work in goa bhavan...its used to call as goa sadan....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back