• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

TAMILIAN, WHO?

GNANA SUNYAM

Post independence India was divided into states based on languages for administrative convenience.

What shall be the criterion for governing Tamil Nadu?

Who shall govern Tamil Nadu?

Besides love for Tamil Nadu, interest in welfare of Tamil Nadu, people of what social origin shall Govern Tamil Nadu?

If we, the members of the Tamil Brahmins Forum is entrusted the task of defining a Qualification, Eligibility, Criterion for an individual to Govern Tamil Nadu as CM, what shall we prescribe, specify?

The above is a hypothetical scenario, and expecting the above to become real is a pipe dream I understand. However just for the sake of say a Town Hall withing TB Forum.

Some of my prescriptions:

#The individual shall speak Tamil as mother tongue

#At least 10 preceding generations of the individual ought to have lived in Tamil Nadu

#At least 1 member of the family shall own a real estate, property, land in Tamil Nadu

#Spouse shall also qualify as a Tamilian

#He/She shall be conversant, fluent in Tamil language

#He/She shall have mastered Tamil Culture, Traditions, Customs, Practices, Festivals, Protocols, Ethos etc

#He/She shall wear Tamil Formal Dress when appearing in public

#He/She must have been born in Tamil Nadu preferably, but not essentially

#He/She shall make a public declaration, perhaps an oath, that He/She:
- Belongs to Tamil Nadu
- Is a Tamilian
- Is interested in welfare of Tamil Nadu, the progress of Tamil Nadu is Prime, Supreme priority
- Shall sacrifice anything for the cause of Tamil Nadu, shall be devoted and dedicated for Tamil Nadu's progress at any cost

Above list is subject to correction, editing etc

DISCLAIMER:

My post has absolutely nothing to do with any claims made by founder of 'Naam Thamizhar' party

I have no common league with any politician or political party. Absolutely no common league.

shall be honest
shall be courageous
Shall be incorruptible
Shall be nationalistic
Shall be unbiased
Shall lead by example
No politician in any country or planet has the above qualities.
Politics is about I, ME and MYSELF..then its about state, country etc.
But to reach there its a game of thrones with no dharma.

Renuka,

The op was talking about ideal qualities of a CM. The fact it is considered not possible reflects the time we are living in.

I am not a politician but i think i do possess the above qualities. It is in my nature. I may or may not enter politics but anyone can strive and achieve those qualities.

The problem is unless someone is divinely protected he or she cannot aspire to exhibit ideal qualities. It is mainly the environment that deters and prevents people from practising the good and the ideal.

The problem is unless someone is divinely protected he or she cannot aspire to exhibit ideal qualities. It is mainly the environment that deters and prevents people from practising the good and the ideal.
In my subjective opinion a man/woman of integrity, calibre, patriotism etc ought to rise above hostile circumstances and environment especially so when he/she has committed to govern/rule a state like Tamil Nadu.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

How about Mohandass Karamchand, George Washington, Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr!!!!!

In my subjective opinion a man/woman of integrity, calibre, patriotism etc ought to rise above hostile circumstances and environment especially so when he/she has committed to govern/rule a state like Tamil Nadu.
Yes Sir. You are correct. But there is a threat to life also. There are people in history who put service to people even above their life but people of that calibre are not happening in the recent past. It is possible of course.

George Washington, Mohandass Karamchand are missing in this return list. Any rationale?
I dont have much knowledge about George Washington, so I had no idea what to say.

Mohandas Gandhi even though I respect him but he had some views on Africans which was not flattering.

What a waste of time. The criteria set out are exclusive and not inclusive. We can not judge others my our moral standards when it comes to legal status.
Legally:
Individuals who have lived in Tamil Nadu for a particular period and meet the relevant eligibility conditions can obtain a Tamil Nadu domicile certificate. It acts as verification of their residency and eligibility for numerous state government privileges and employment opportunities.

The offices of the Revenue Department, District Collector, and Sub-Divisional Magistrate of the Government of Tamil Nadu issue domicile certificates in this state. This certificate is necessary for a number of purposes, including employment, government programmes, admittance to educational institutions, and legal matters.

Tamil Nadu NEET domicile 2023​

To avail of the state quota reservation under Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS admission:

• The candidate must be a bona fide resident of the state.
  • Candidates who have completed their schooling from 6 to 12 from the state of Tamil Nadu, need to furnish Nativity Certificate. A permanent Residency Certificate in lieu of Nativity Certificate will not be accepted. However, they would be required to submit their parent/s’ Birth Certificate, Ration Card, SSLC/ 10/ 12 Certificate, or No Graduate Certificate, in case parents are not literate.
  • Students with a Domicile of Tamil Nadu but have partially or fully completed schooling from 6 to 12 from outside of the state, would be required to submit true copies of the parents’ documents as mentioned (Birth Certificate, Ration Card, SSLC/ 10/ 12 Certificate, or No Graduate Certificate, in case of parents, are not literate).
  • Students will also be required to submit an undertaking stating that they have not applied as natives of any other state, apart from Tamil Nadu.
  • NRI and PIO (Person of Indian Origin) candidates will also be eligible under Management Quota, given they meet the rules and regulations of the Govt. of India/ Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
  • Students from other states who are living in Tamil Nadu, and students from other states who have studied Classes 6 to 12 in Tamil Nadu, will only be considered for admission under the open category, and not the state quota.

How about Mohandass Karamchand, George Washington, Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr!!!!!
Every one of them would be horrified that they are limited to a state. All of them were nationalists.

Jesus and the woman taken in adultery (or the Pericope Adulterae)[a] is a passage (pericope) found in John 7:53–8:11[1] of the New Testament.

In the passage, Jesus was teaching in the Temple after coming from the Mount of Olives. A group of scribes and Pharisees confronts Jesus, interrupting his teaching. They bring in a woman, accusing her of committing adultery, claiming she was caught in the very act. They tell Jesus that the punishment for someone like her should be stoning, as prescribed by Mosaic Law.[2] Jesus begins to write something on the ground using his finger; when the woman's accusers continue their challenge, he states that the one who is without sin is the one who should cast the first stone at her. The accusers and congregants depart, realizing not one of them is without sin either, leaving Jesus alone with the woman. Jesus asks the woman if anyone has condemned her and she answers no. Jesus says that he too does not condemn her and tells her to go and sin no more.

In a similar vein, who will be the first Tamilian to vote on this matter? Particularly after reading post#3.

Last edited:
You are looking for A Superman/ Superwomen.
1691680057653.png

1691680141037.png

AH was a vegetarian, teetotaller, faithful to his wife, man of valour, bold, courageous, zealous, visionary, non-myopic

(Again subjective opinion, subject to correction)

Jesus and the woman taken in adultery (or the Pericope Adulterae)[a] is a passage (pericope) found in John 7:53–8:11[1] of the New Testament.

In the passage, Jesus was teaching in the Temple after coming from the Mount of Olives. A group of scribes and Pharisees confronts Jesus, interrupting his teaching. They bring in a woman, accusing her of committing adultery, claiming she was caught in the very act. They tell Jesus that the punishment for someone like her should be stoning, as prescribed by Mosaic Law.[2] Jesus begins to write something on the ground using his finger; when the woman's accusers continue their challenge, he states that the one who is without sin is the one who should cast the first stone at her. The accusers and congregants depart, realizing not one of them is without sin either, leaving Jesus alone with the woman. Jesus asks the woman if anyone has condemned her and she answers no. Jesus says that he too does not condemn her and tells her to go and sin no more.

In a similar vein, who will be the first Tamilian to vote on this matter? Particularly after reading post#3.
Prasad, how about you? In which of the #3 do you fall short?

Prasad, how about you? In which of the #3 do you fall short?
I satisfy only #The individual shall speak Tamil as mother tongue.
That too because she insisted that we do. We speak Ancient Brahmin Tamil (about 100 years old when she left Madras). I tried to listen to Tamil News and I have a tough time understanding it.

Of Course:
"shall be honest
shall be courageous
Shall be incorruptible
Shall be nationalistic
Shall be unbiased
Shall lead by example". I can NOT claim to fulfill any of them as I do not understand those words. So I am definitely out.

We have someone here who wants to be chief morality police, an Ayatolla, Stalin, Taliban, and Hitler rolled into one.

Last edited:
Here is a good example of moral policing aka being an ayotollah..lol!

Some members are like comets and make occasional flying visits thinking that this forum is only for TAMIL Brahmins. They fail to read the forum rules. Membership in this forum is universal. There are members of every color, class, caste, state, nation, etc. So if you have narrow views just read the forum rule. This site may not be you. If you want to be on this site leave your narrow-mindedness and pseudo-superiority complex outside. Read your post before hitting the post button. [\Quote]

Latest ads

Back