• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sai lives on

Status
Not open for further replies.
top-03.jpg

This is a story about the mystery and miracle of Bhagawan. I am an American attending the University of Madras. Some days ago, a classmate and myself went to the Kapaleeshwarar Temple here in Madras. After one passes through the huge gate of the outer temple walls, one's attention is attracted to the various signs which say `Non Hindus not allowed'. I had heard about such signs, but in all the years that I have been in India, I had never encountered one. I told my friend to go on inside and that I would wait outside. Soon thereafter, an old man approached me. He said, "Please do not feel offended nor think badly of these people. This is merely the custom here." As I silently held my peace, he went away. I began to talk to Baba in my mind thus: "Will this custom prevail forever? You, Yourself are Siva and though I've come to have Your Darshan, I'm forbidden to enter inside. Is not the Lord everyone's"?As I was mentally conversing with Swami thus another old man came up to me and said, "Come". My righteous pride rose up and I remained where I was. Twice again he repeated—"Come". So I followed him inside. As we began to circumambulate the Holy of Holies, he moved his hand and it was full of Vibhuti. He smeared it all over my forehead and then reached over to a Goddess carved into the rock and removed some kumkum which he also applied. We continued around and as we approached Lord Kapaleeshwarar he said, "Look". I beheld the Linga to my satisfaction and then he led me to the consort of Lord Kapaleeshwarar for Her Darshan. Then he said, "Now, go."The next day I was on my way to Puttaparthi. Here is the mystery. Baba enquired if I had enjoyed the Darshan! Some people call `this' the miracle—this transcendence of space and time. But to me the real miracle lies in His infinite care. As quickly as one turns towards Him, He is there with His compassion ready to respond. Such a small, simple act and yet to me it represented His greatest miracle of all—His Love.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - June 23, 2011[/FONT]
SI_20110623.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let the mind run wherever it likes; just be careful not to follow it, seeking to discover where it is going! It will then wander about for some time as the fancy takes it. Soon, getting tired and exhausted, it will come back to you! It is like alittle child that knows nothing. Since the mother is following it and calling it back, it gets courage and confidence to run forward in any direction. But if the mother does not run behind the child and instead quietly retraces her steps, the child too, of its own accord, will run back to the mother! Carry on with the remembrance and meditation of the Divine Name and Form you like best and in the manner you are accustomed to. In this way, you will acquire one-pointedness (ekagratha) and realise your heart’s desire.[/FONT]
- Dhyana Vahini, Chap 8: 'Onepointedness is Essential for Meditation'.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When the mind is filled with good thoughts such as truth, love, forbearance and compassion,
your life will be filled with peace and serenity. – Baba
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - June 24, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do not entertain in your mind the idea of purity or impurity while undertaking a spiritual practice. There is nothing impure in the world. When the Lord is immanent everywhere and in everything, how can anything be impure? Even if something appears to the eyes as impure, the moment it contacts the Name of the Lord, it becomes purified. Purity and impurity are the result of the mental reactions at a particular moment. When one is giving money to someone, one talks of choosing an auspicious time. But when one gets a chance to take money, every moment becomes auspicious! The mind is the reason for both the attitudes. Remember that everything is pure, everything is Divine![/FONT]
- Dhyana Vahini, Chap 8: 'Onepointedness is Essential for Meditation'.
SI_20110624.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Man is a spark of the Divine. – Baba[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - June 25, 2011[/FONT]
SI_20110625.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life is a long journey through time, and religion confers peace for the present and motivation for the future. We must believe that we are currently undergoing the consequences of our own actions done in the past. It is a great source of peace and encouragement when people can be content with their present conditions because they know they themselves were the cause and that if one does engage in good and meritorious deeds now, it is possible to build a happy future. It is only when one adheres to these two principles that morality and self-control can have a place in life. Religion confers the inspiration and enthusiasm needed to abide by these two ideals.[/FONT]
- Sathya Sai Vahini, Chap 16: "Man is God".
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is only one religion - the religion of Love. – Baba[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - June 27, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you view the world with love, it will appear as filled with love. On the other hand if you vi ew it with hatred, everything will appear antagonistic to you. Eyes filled with love shine with brightness and cheerfulness. On the contrary eyes filled with hatred appear bloodshot and fearful. Your thoughts determine your actions whether good or bad. The external world will reflect your thoughts. You must consider the entire universe as a temple of God. You must regard all that is beautiful and great in Nature - the lofty mountains, the vast oceans, the stars in the sky - as proclaiming the glory and power of the Divine. The sweet fragrance of flowers or the delectable juice of fruits should also be regarded as tokens of God's love and compassion.[/FONT]
- Divine Discourse, July 24, 1983.
SI_20110627.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is no greater blessing than having good thoughts. – Baba[/FONT]

Taken from another forum:

SATSANGAM
(Read, Understand, Appreciate, Internalise and Assimilate to reach the Ultimate)​
THE SECRET OF EMOTIONAL BALANCE [The Spiritual Path] (Contd..)
by
Sri Swami Sadananda
GOD'S NATURE IS ANANDA When once this fact is recognised, it becomes easy to have an abiding faith in God, and this faith in God and God alone is going to help us in small and in great things. Be convinced that we are under the guidance of the Lord every moment of our lives. Events that happen from time to time appear to be good and bad to us only because we have enslaved ourselves to our servant, the mind. It is the impressions created by the mind that mislead us into the thought that we are experiencing troubles and miseries. Actually everything that happens to us is happening according to the dictates of our Karmas. And God is ever ready to pull us up from the pits into which we have fallen and bring us into close relationship with Him. if we only cooperate with Him in this business of being brought towards Him, we shall be supremely happy even here in this world. This abiding conviction we must permanently have in our mind.

Never forget that God manifests Himself through us, and God is Ananda, in whom there is no trace of misery. There is a beautiful Upanishadic Mantra, which asks IS IT NOT FROM ANANDA [OR SUPREME HAPPINESS] THAT THE WHOLE WORLD CAME INTO EXISTENCE Examining this Mantra, we find it is literally true. When we are born, are we born with the consciousness of misery When we grow, we live, and for maintaining ourselves we eat. Does anybody feel unhappy when one is eating Is not the satisfaction of hunger happiness or is it misery Likewise, when we die, after the moment of death is over, does not the Jiva enter once again into happiness, because the momentary fear of death is over, the because there is no further limitation of the body

TRUST IN GOD

Therefore, the world is full of happiness if only we would open our eyes and see the happiness in it. If a man enters into a brilliantly lit room, which has in it a thousand watts electric bulb, and goes to a corner and closes his eyes and says I see only darkness, whose fault is it Likewise wherever you turn, you see the glory of the Lord if you only have eyes to see. There is no need for you to make yourself miserable. Fear of disease, fear of death and fear of poverty are the three kinds of fear, which make you unhappy. But why should you worry about these The Jive within has nothing to do with disease or poverty, much less with death. Place yourself entirely in the hands of the Lord. Think that His Will is your will. Surrender yourself absolutely.

When you do so, you throw away all worries and anxieties, you forget hared, anger, jealousy and all other emotional disturbance. Are not the birds daily fed Are not the plants daily looked after by an unseen power Will not the same power look after you It is to emphasise this teacher [this teaching is the highest] that in a verse in the BHAGAVAD GITA the Lord says, IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAS NO OTHER THOUGHT IN HIS MIND THAN MYSELF AND WHO WORSHIPS ME AND ME ALONE, I LOOK AFTER HIS NEEDS AS THEY ARISE FROM DAY TO DAY. Maya is only the ignorance, which makes us believe that every object that we see in the universe is an object other than the Lord. That ignorance is not to be worshipped, in other words, entertained.

When God says, I look after him and his daily needs, He is giving us a guarantee that we need not have any anxiety or worry about ourselves. This does not mean that a person should sit idle, doing nothing at all except thinking of God and waiting for the supply of his necessaries to be met by God. It means that we should do what we can for meeting our needs and leave the result in the hands of the Lord. The ability to act is also given to us by God, and if we do not exercise that ability, we are not doing what God wants us to do. Therefore, the meaning is that left everybody use his intelligence and his body in such a way as to make himself comfortable, but let him never forget that God is ever by his side to help him in whatever he does, provided he does not do anything he knows to be wrong.

So we come to the conclusion that all our negative emotions arise from our ignorance, and this ignorance is incapable of being removed without the grace of the Lord, which we can surely obtain by having abiding faith in Him. TRUST THE LORD AND DO THE RIGHT is the principle that should guide us throughout life. Temples in Karnataka

For those interested, I would like to present this write up about Vaishnavaite Temples in Karnataka. Karnataka has about 600 odd temples following the Southern Vaishnavaite tradition .. both Pancharatra and Vaikhanasa. None come under the divyadesam list, possibly because the Alwars lived and composed between the 6th and 9th centuries, whereas most of the above temples were built from the 9th centuryonwards. A lot of them follow the Hoysala style of architecture built between the 10th and the 14th centuries by the Hoysalas. Most others have the traditional dravidian style.

Of the 600 odd temples about 60 odd may be considered of special interest w.r.t. size, fame, importance, popularity, art, architecture, religious importance, etc. Of the 60, about half a dozen, i.e. aprrox. 1% of the total are well known. Of these are Melukote, Udupi, Srirangapatna, Belur, Somnatpur, & Viranarayana - Belavadi. Udupi as most know, follows the Madhava tradition. Over 90% of the temples are completely neglected and in a bad financial state.

In a few decades, most of them, in villages will not have Sri Vaishnava priests since the community is shrinking and rapidly migrating to greener pastures. Hopefully at least the 60 best temples along with ritual tradition will be preserved . Even this is going to be very difficult. I will write in a another post about the locations of these temples, if someone is interested in visiting them.

For those visiting Bangalore city, Bangalore city has about a dozen temples, needless to say, all doing ok financially, all of them have been built in the last 300 years. (The city itself was founded in 1537) some of which are:

1. Fort Srinivasa temple near city market (built 1695 AD )
2. Ranganatha temple (ballurpete)
3. Tulsi thotta (old city )
4. Krishna temple Malleswaram 11th cross
5. Vasantha Vallabha temple Vasantapura
6. Srinivasa temple mahalaksmi layout
7. Narasimha temple, temple road, Malleswaram
8. Andavan ashramam temple P.G halli
9. Andavan ashramam Rangamannar temple Jayanagar.
10. Srinivasa temple, Banashankari
11. Srinivasa temple, Jayanagar.

Outside Bangalore

12. Champaka dhama temple (Damodara perumal) Bannerghatta 12 km. from city, built 1257 AD. Any mistakes I have made in the above write up, please let me know, and please excuse me.

{The palan one gets by staying a single day in Sri Ahobilam equals a stay of 1000 yugam in KAsi, 100 yugams in GayA and 20 yugams in PrayAg)

- Sri Mangala Giri
- Sri VedAdri
- Sri Kethavaram
- Sri Mattapally
- Sri Vadapally
- Sri YAdhagirigutta
- Sri ShobanAdhri
- Sri SimhAchalam
- Sri GOru konta
- Sri Putta konta
- Sri SthambAthripuram
- Sri RaepAla
- Sri Pushpagiri
- Sri SingarAya konta
- Sri Maala konta

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - June 28, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your attitude to God should not be dependent on likes and dislikes. There are some devotees who worship God with devotion for some time. Then they turn against God. The reasons for these changes in attitude can be traceable to their expectations from God. When they feel that their prayers are being answered and their desires are being fulfilled, they adore Him. But when their wishes are not fulfilled, they revile God in all sorts of words. This kind of devotion is based on self-interest and has nothing divine about it. One should not blame God for difficulties. Pure devotion will not be affected by changes in circumstances or fortunes. True love is not based on any conditions. It is equal in joy and pain and is not affected by fluctuations in fortune.[/FONT]
SI_20110628.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Never feel depressed when you are weighed down by difficulties.
God will never impose on you difficulties which you cannot bear. – Baba
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - June 29, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Upaasana means approaching near the Divine. Often Upaasana is equated with fasting; this is not correct. When one is immersed in the bliss ofBrahmaananda (divine bliss), one gives up food of one's own accord; this is true Upaasana. To subject oneself to fasting as a compulsory regimen is not Upaasana but mere starvation. For instance, to keep awake on the night of Shivaraathri by watching films or playing cards is a caricature of the sacred vigil that one is expected to observe at that time. The experience of Divine Bliss is not to be achieved by the mastery of various spiritual practices. It is only when the heart is purified that divinity can be realized. There is no room for divinity in a heart filled with egoism, pride and hatred.[/FONT]
SI_20110629.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The one with noble qualities such as purity, patience and perseverance is verily God. – Baba[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - June 30, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All of you must realize that the relationship between you and God is permanent, and is beyond the limitations of time and space. You should not waste your life thinking only of the physical relationship. The body is a passing thing. What you see externally is a burden; when you have made it a part of yourself it ceases to be a burden. It is like the food that a traveller carries on his shoulders for consumption on the way. As long as the food remains outside it is a burden. But when he has eaten it, he gets stronger and there is no burden on his shoulder. You must safeguard the Divinity you experienced and magnify it by contemplating on it internally. You should concentrate on the attainment of union with the Divine, which is permanent and beyond the limitations of time and space.[/FONT]
SI_20110630.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A heart full of compassion is verily the temple of God. – Baba[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - July 01, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Faith is like a live volcano. Doubts are like seeds. No seed will sprout on a live volcano. If your doubts are multiplying, it means your faith is weak and unstable, and akin to an extinct volcano. Where there are doubts, there can be no faith. Your doubts arise or disappear because of your past karma (actions). No doubts will arise if your faith is strong. To realize Divinity you must first get rid of all your doubts. From time to time, God subjects you to various tests. These are not intended to be punishments as you may imagine, but actually to strengthen your faith. Always remember that the Divine acts as a witness. The Divine shows you the path to self-realization.[/FONT]
SI_20110701.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Faith is the first step to earn the Grace of God. – Baba[/FONT]

Sai Inspires - July 02, 2011

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - July 02, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The true Guru is like an ophthalmic surgeon. The ophthalmologist cures cataracts by removing the clouded film in the patient's eye and thus restores vision. The true Guru also removes the veil of ignorance and attachment that blurs the disciple's vision and thus restores their natural spiritual vision. Only when you clean your heart by removing ignorance, sorrow, worry, greed, and envy, can you realize the fullness of your Reality. Celebrate the day when your mind is rid of the darkness of ignorance and achieves fullness of illumination.[/FONT]
SI_20110702.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Love for God will dispel the ignorance and conceit of man like the sunlight dispels darkness. – Baba[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - July 04, 2011[/FONT]
SI_20110704.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The entire world is like a university, teaching us constantly. When we do business, there is something to learn. Even when we cultivate land, there is something to learn. Without any difference of caste or creed, title or status, the tree shares its fruits with all and proclaims the equality of everyone. The mountains teach us that we should not have excessive attachment to our body by showing us how patiently they can stand in rain, sun and cold. When someone dies, we learn that the world is not permanent; family is only an illusion. It reminds us that we have no right to keep on saying that this belongs to me or that belongs to you. To understand God, His creation is the best school. Everywhere there is something for us to learn.[/FONT]
- Divine Discourse, Summer Showers, 1978, Chapter 8.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first task of teachers is the cultivation of virtue in the hearts of pupils. – Baba[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - July 05, 2011[/FONT]
SI_20110705.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You should regard imparting spiritual education as a great opportunity and a sacred task. You should make every attempt to teach the students with love and forbearance, and do this with a pure heart. You should overcome laziness and treat all the children who come to you with more affection than you show to your own children. Gurus must have equal-mindedness and should not discriminate against anyone on the basis of caste, religion or such other aspects. You should inculcate the idea of service in the minds of the children. You should teach them that whenever they eat, they should offer the food to God first. You should also teach them to conduct themselves with humility when they meet their elders. A teacher should not be egoistic; one with ego cannot be a good Guru. Therefore you must make every attempt to be free of ego, learn about your responsibiliti es and do your duty.[/FONT]
- Divine Discourse, Summer Showers 1978, Chapter 8.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first task of teachers is the cultivation of virtue in the hearts of pupils. – Baba[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - July 06, 2011[/FONT]
SI_20110706.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You must use your discrimination to sift the trash and discard it in preference to what is valuable. You must earn punyam (merit) by rendering selfless service to others. You must keep away from bad company and seek the friendship of the good, only those who can cleanse and heal you. When you do not attempt to transform yourself in this manner but expect plentiful grace, you finally end up accusing God for your sorrows, instead of blaming your unsteady faith! Grace cannot be claimed by such behaviour; your devotion must be so true that God accepts you as His devotee. You are consumed by time; God is the Master of Time. So, take refuge in God. Let God be your Guru, your path, your Lord. Adore Him, obey His commands, offer Him your grateful homage, and hold Him fast in your mind. This is the only way and also the easiest way to realize Him as your ow n reality.[/FONT]
- Divine Discourse, July 2, 1985.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The real significance of culture lies in giving up one’s bad thoughts and actions, cultivating sacred thoughts
and performing noble deeds. – Baba
[/FONT]

Lesson 85 from Living with Siva:Sadhana and The Five Duties

The lesson of the day from Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami's trilogy: Dancing with Siva, Living with Siva and Merging with Siva

When we study and practice our religion, we are not necessarily performing deep sadhana. We are simply dispatching our religious duties. These duties are concisely outlined in the pancha nitya karmas, the five minimal religious obligations of Hindus. The first duty is dharma, proper conduct, living one's life according to the teachings of the Tirukural and atoning for misconduct. The second duty is upasana, worship, performing a personal vigil each day, preferably before dawn, including a puja, followed by the performance of japa, scriptural study, and meditation. The third duty is utsava, holy days, observing each Friday (or Monday) as a holy day, as well as the major festival days through the year. On the weekly holy day, one cleans and decorates the home altar, attends the nearby temple and observes a fast. The fourth duty of all Hindus is tirthayatra, pilgrimage. At least once each year, a pilgrimage is made to a Hindu temple away from one's local area. Fifth is samskaras, the observance of traditional rites of passage, including namakarana, name-giving; vivaha, marriage; and antyesti, funeral rites.

Another vital aspect of Hindu duty is service. The Vedas remind us, "When a man is born, whoever he may be, there is born simultaneously a debt to the Gods, to the sages, to the ancestors and to men" (Shukla Yajur Veda, SB 1.7.2.1. ve, p. 393). Service to the community, includes helping the poor, caring for the aged, supporting religious institutions, building schools and upholding the lofty principle of ahimsa in raising one's children. Hinduism is a general and free-flowing, relaxed religion, experienced in the temple, in the ashramas, the aadheenams, at festivals, on pilgrimage and in the home.

The performance of personal sadhana, discipline for self-transformation, is one step deeper in making religion real in one's life. Through sadhana we learn to control the energies of the body and nerve system, and we experience that through the control of the breath the mind becomes peaceful. Sadhana is practiced in the home, in the forest, by a flowing river, under a favorite tree, in the temple, in gurukulas or wherever a pure, serene atmosphere can be found. A vrata, vow, is often taken before serious sadhana is begun. The vrata is a personal pledge between oneself, one's guru and the angelic beings of the inner worlds to perform the disciplines regularly, conscientiously, at the same time each day.

Last edited:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - July 07, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the olden days even before imparting knowledge to his disciples the Guru (preceptor) would assign them different tasks that they had to perform in his hermitage. This was done with a purpose. One important object of work is purification of the chittha (heart). Once the heart is purified one is ready to receive the teachings of the Guru. Thus in this manner the Guru first purified the heart of the disciple and only when he was satisfied with the disciple's spiritual progress did he start imparting Self-Knowledge.[/FONT]
- Divine Discourse, July 7, 1985.
SI_20110707.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Love must express itself as service. – Baba[/FONT]

Anyone who is intent on following the spiritual path or meditation must take every care that these ten enemies do not even approach them. (Tenfold sins: 3 physical, 4 verbal, and 3 mental. The physical sins are: injury to life, adulterous desire, and theft. The verbal sins are: false alarms, cruel speech, jealous talk, and lies. The mental sins are: greed, envy, and denial of God). These sins have to be eschewed completely. Instead, you need tendencies that will help you progress and not drag you back. You must speak and act only good (Shubha), for good alone is auspicious (Mangala) and the auspicious alone is Shiva. This is what the scriptures (Shastras) teach. The good is the auspicious. The auspicious is the spiritually helpful. Thus being good is the true instrument that aids in merging with Lord Shiva. - sathya sai baba aka swami

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - July 08, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All work should be done as an offering to God. One should not be idle. Whatever work one does, it should be done with a feeling of love. You can take up any work that is appropriate for your aptitudes and capacity. While doing such sacred work, you must continue to worship your favourite form of the Divine. People say many obstacles occur when one undertakes sadhana(spiritual practices). When obstacles come they should be taken as tests. Tests are intended not as punishment but for ascertaining one's fitness for promotion. Frequent tests mean repeated opportunities for promotion. If there is a big time lag between tests, it only means that promotion is not possible for a long time. One must face the obstacles in one’s sadhana in this spirit and try to overcome them.[/FONT]
SI_20110708.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The person devoted to God knows no failure. The name of the Lord, if taken sincerely overcomes all obstacles. – Baba[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - July 09, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For success in any aspect of life, three things are essential - knowledge, skill and balance. If you combine knowledge with skill, you get balance which is very important. It means maintaining equipoise in the face of praise and criticism. To stay balanced, skill is necessary. If you lose balance, suffering will soon follow. When you are given some work, you should put your heart and soul into it, and do it with utmost sincerity and dedication, to the limit of your capacity. Take for example, a person who is entrusted with planting trees and developing a garden. If he does the work wholeheartedly without getting affected by praise or blame, the plants will come up well, and the garden will get transformed into a place of beauty. When the Guru comes to see that garden and feels happy with the growth of the plants, the joy of the Guru becomes the gr ace He bestows on that individual, and that grace will confer great happiness to that person.[/FONT]
SI_20110709.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quality not quantity is dear to the Lord. – Baba[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - July 10, 2011[/FONT]
SI_20110710.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Guru warns and awakens. He reveals the truth and encourages you to progress towards it. Unless you have the yearning, the questioning heart, or the seeking intelligence, he cannot do much. The hungry can be fed; he who has no hunger will discard food as an infliction. The Guru is a gardener who will tend the plant; but the sapling must have sprouted before he can take charge. He does not add anything new to the plant; he only helps it to grow according to its own destiny, quicker perhaps, more fully perhaps, but not against its inner nature. He removes the spiritual poverty by pointing to the treasure that lies buried within oneself; he advises the method of recovering it, the vigilance needed to use it to the best advantage.[/FONT]
- Divine Discourse, July 14, 1965.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Firmly believe that God resides in all beings. Choose words and speak softly,
so that they spread goodness, truth and beauty. – Baba
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sai Inspires - July 11, 2011[/FONT]
SI_20110711.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There are four stages in the journey to God; they are: Saalokya, Saameepya, Saaroopya andSaayujya. The first stage is Saalokya, which is coming to the divine presence. From there on, you should progress forward to Saameepya, which means getting nearer to the Guru. Then you march forward to Saaroopya where you shine with the very form and splendour of Divinity. Finally you enter the stage of Saayujya, which is complete mergence with the Divine. At this stage, the bubble bursts and becomes one with the sea. Seva(Service) gives you the opportunity to progress along each and every one of these steps and merge with God.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Follow the Master, Face the Devil, Fight to the End, Finish the Game. – Baba[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back