• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rudram Chamakam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Visalakshi Ramani, I would like to share my soul stirring experiance

with you and all our brother members.We a group of 204 members from

Chennai had gone to GOKARNA KSHETRM in Uttar kannada .We stayed for

11 days and chanted Rudram inside Sri Mahabaleshwar temple.We sat

around the Santum like a garland and chanted. To our credit each member

has chanted RUDRAM for 375 times cotinuously in 11 days. The temple has

organised KOTI rudra japam.So far they claim to have completed 18 lakhs .

H.H.Jagatguru sankaracharya Ragaveshwara Bharathi of Ramachandrapura

in Dhakshina Kannada Who is administering the temple have invited us to

take part in that Koti Rudra jap yagnam. Most of us are in the age group of

65 to 80.It is a wonder that all of us took bath in the Koti theertham tank

before sunrise braving chilness.We start our session @ 7.00 in the morning

and render 11 times and with a break cotinue for another 11 times.In the

evening start at 5.00pm and finish at 8.00pmwith 11 times.33 times a day

for 11 days is equivelent to 3 ATHI RUDRAM.With so many hurdles like

below standard accomodation not so good food we took it a challenge and

completed our aim.It is my life time ambition.We have been provided with

an I.D.card so that I can go there at any time and render rudram and credit

it to Koti rudram account.It is realy a soul stirring experiance in one's life.

Dear Mr. Ranganathan,

I am truly impressed by your thrilling experience. The people who have in mind such lofty

ideals as KOTI Rudram , must also have the humaneness to consider the age of the

participants and make adequate arrangements for your comforts.

LITTLE DROPS MAKE THE MIGHTY OCEAN. Hope this Koti Rudram on the eve of Maha Siva

Ratri will have beneficial effects on the suffering humanity.

with pranaams to you and to Lord Shiva through the bakthas like you,

Mrs. V.R :pray2:

{ The people who have in mind such lofty

ideals as KOTI Rudram , must also have the humaneness to consider the age of the

participants and make adequate arrangements for your comforts.}

Dear V.R.Please forgive me if my words have not conveyed my mind.At no

time we found fault with the organisers and it was not my intension too.The

organisers have done their best. we must realise how difficult it would be to

make convenience for hundreds of persons in a small remote village like

Gokarnam.I have mentioned the short comings only to emphacise our

endurance to all difficulties and our concentration was only on our goal of

chanting 33 times a day continuously for 11days.All our members are well

educated and well off and do not require any monitary benifit for this rudra

chanting .We do it for 'ATMA TRUPTI.

Rudrakshas - Born of Tears, But Spilling Smiles
imagemagic.php
pixel_trans.gif
Rudra is the name of Lord Shiva. Aksha means "tear". It is said that the plant of Rudraksha is originated from the tear drops of Lord Shiva. As per the Vedic scriptures Rudraksha can nullify the effects of malefic planets to a great extent. No other necklace or bead is so auspicious and powerful as a Rudraksha.

This article is based on personal experiences of many years and the authentic shastras like Rudrakha Jabala Upanishad, Padma Purana, Shiv Purana and Devi Purana. The benefits of this miraculous plant have been flowing to the users/wearers from the time immemorial. In the passage of time, many plants, animals, birds etc., have appeared in the universe and disappeared for ever e.g., many years before dinosaurs and snakes with multiple hoods lived on the earth and then disappeared forever. But it is astonishing that the Rudraksha tree has been continuing ever since it has grown in Himalayan regions of India, Nepal, Indonesia, Java and Jakarta. The tree is as big as banyan tree. It takes 15 to 18 years to take full shape.

Rudraksha is a fruit which is covered with pulp and a thin outer skin. The fruit has one to twenty one mukha [face] and seeds inside. The skin is green in colour like banana skin. But when plucked from the tree and allowed to remain as it is, the colour of the skin becomes black. For every mukha, tree is different. Like any other fruit tree, 20% production is inferior, 60% is average and 20% is the best. The best quality of Rudraksha is available at a pretty high price.

The shastras speak of four colours of Rudraksha like white, red, yellow and black. Unfortunately, this cannot be verified as the natural colour which emerges after the removal of skin and the pulp is generally light brown or the colour of dust. The traders apply preventive dyes, chemicals or mustard oil to store safely from the attacks of white ants.

The common buyer is interested to know its genuineness and conducts certain tests which in fact lead him nowhere. The common tests are:
1. Water Test: The Rudraksha bead is put in a glass containing water. If it floats, the buyer rejects, not knowing the fact that lighter density is the cause of floating.
2. Copper Coins Test: The bead is held in between two copper coins. The buyer watches the rotation. Some beads show a slight movement, sometimes to the right and at other times to the left. The buyer selects the bead which moves to the right. Here, once again he is not aware of the chemistry of the bead. Each bead has some magnetic and electric power, hence the movements take place.
3. Milk Test: When Milk is poured on it, the bead is expected to stand on its base! Some people dip the bead in a glass of milk and try to find the effect. If milk remains unchanged even after 48 hours the bead is considered good.

All these tests are just hearsay and do not prove the genuineness of the bead. Breaking is the only test which can show the natural seeds in the womb of Rudraksha fruit. One may wonder how we can break and buy too. Obviously it is not possible. The only answer is that you should buy from a reliable source and not from the roadside sellers. Beware of the artificial items being sold in the market. Some sellers sell fake Rudraksha which are normally pressed in dies. The raw material used is the pulp of the Rudraksha. They also engrave Om, Shiva Linga with Yoni, Trishul etc. These signs are easily made on two mukhi [Almond shaped].

dear Mr. tbs,

From Coimbatore to U.S.A!
I too visited USA five times. But I could not write lovely informative articles and illustrate them with lovelier photos as my sister Raji Ram is able to do!

I always admire her drive to get all the required accurate and authentic details needed for her poems. Great lady! I sure am lucky to have her as one of my sisters. :)

with warm regards,

V.R.
My dear sis!

I see this thread only today! Thanks a lot for your kind and loving words of appreciation!

Loving sis,
Raji Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back