• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rahu kaalam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exact timings are to be based on Sunrise of a place etc..
Detailed calculations are different than the general timings

Last edited:
the forum should discuss more on how to spend time helping others rather than wasting time on finding out how to remember raghu kalam time. all days are good and all times are good if you are going to serve the humanity. if most of your time goes in to those good causes, you will have little time to think on these things

There is a global panchangam available in the following website

Panchang, Panchangam, Panchangamu, Punjika, Jantri and calendars for all world time-zones for year 2010.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

"(Thi- Thingal)Thirupur (sa- sani) sandaiyil (ve- velli) vellamum (pu- pudhan) puliyum (vi- viyazhan) vitra (se- sevvai) selvam (gna- Gnaiyiru) Gnanianan"I have much belief over this rahu kalam and yemagandam. Fridays, Tuesdays and sundays rahukalas are much important. Worshipping durga in these times surely turn to righteous path. Human mind is meant for questioning. but there are something which should not be questionable. If you question, E=MC2, the whole physics will get disturbed. These are something fundamentals. I hope some physics scholars knew this. Like this, in our culture also we should have to accept somethings. Am damn sure, our ancestors are not fools. If possible try to read vikatan's book. I forget the name. It goes like this: A grandpa will be explain each and every rites and rituals of our customs in a scientific way. It came as weekly article in anadha vikatan and get complied as a book.Pranams

Namaskaaram,

Edward Brought Home A New Fiet Car

Here is yet another possible way to calculate raagu kaalam, Please find the attachment.

Attachments

• Raagu Kaalam.JPG
    Raagu Kaalam.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 171
Another easy formula to calculate Raahu kaalam

(Thanks to my late Maamanaar)

Every Bride Has A Grand Face Cut

5 2 8 1 7 6 3

M T W Th F Sat Sun (for fomula days it starts from Monday in that order.)

Take the order of highlighted letter in alphabet eg; E-5
then add half to it i.e 5+ 2 ½ =7 ½= 7.30 a.m.
Starting of rahu kaalam for that day is obtained
Ending is 1 ½ hours after start i.e 9.00 am
So for Monday Rahu kaalm is 7.30 a.m to 9.00 am

Likewise for Sunday, highlighted alphabet is C i.e 3 rd
So 3+1 ½ =4.30 ( as Rahu kalam based from sunrise only, the time is 4.30 pm.. ending time is 6.00 pm.

Greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
good,but where is the need for such complicated formulae to remember this.There are published information readily available everyday through calender,TV and other media.As an academic exercise it is fine;Over a period of time we remember easily like eg: sundays evening 4.30 to 6 pm and so on.anyway it is my view.

Hi

Though over a period of time we remember automatically, here is one more
which heard of about easy to get the time

THIruttu SAniyasi VElliye PUrapattu VIzhundu SEndradu GYAyiru

THIngal SAni VElli PUdhan VIyazhan SEVvvai GYAyiru

07:30-09:00.............................................04:30-06:00

But what we must discuss and to know is to more about the significance of the above period and the importance of the same.

Rgds
SReedhar

good,but where is the need for such complicated formulae to remember this.There are published information readily available everyday through calender,TV and other media.As an academic exercise it is fine;Over a period of time we remember easily like eg: sundays evening 4.30 to 6 pm and so on.anyway it is my view.

According to the Vedic jostisha system, the day begins at sunrise. So, you need to calculate your rahu kalam etc. based on the actual time of sun rise at the place of your residence. The time of sunrise varies significantly by the time of the year, even if you live in Chennai or Bangalore, and more so if you live further north. So, none of these calculations is accurate, whether based on formulas or published in a calendar, unless you are able to leave a large cushion on either side of the rahu kalam.

திருணாள் சந்தடியில் வெய்யிலில் புழுதியில் யவிளெயாட செல்வது ந்யாயமா?

Rahu Kalam,KULIGAN

Sir,
During GULIGAN time auspicios things are to be performed. Even
Relatives are prohibited from entering a house where death has taken place during this time.Any person whether relative or outsider will not enter a house for offering condolence during this period.
I still remember when we went to riverside for daily ceremonies for the first 9days when my father exoired in the year 1961, the prohit insisted that we should not enter our house during KULIGAN time.We waited outside and entered only after expiry of the specified period.The duration is an hour and half yust like RAHU KALAM.
B.Krishnamurthy

Rahu Kalam,KULIGAN

Sir,
As far as I know only auspicious things are to be performed during
KULIGAN TIME.
Visiting a house where death has taken place and daily ceremonies are being performed either for attending funeral or for offering condolence during KULIGAN time is strictly prohibited.
Even a son who is to perform the funeral rites will be asked not to enter the house during this period.
I am giving thease comments from my experience.I may not be able to cite any authority.
When I was in ANDHRA during the years 1970 to 1979 I have heard that ANDHRAS
do perform marriages during YEMAGANDAM PERIOD.Their marriages
generally take place during night time just like Bengalees,NORTH INDIANS.
While AMAVASYA is considered as 'AUSPICIOUS' IN TAMILNADU,the same day is considered as inauspicious in ANDHRA. I have no specific explanation for this disparity.
B.Krishnamurthy

Does this all meant for us only, How come other religions not bothered/affected about Rahu kalam, astrology, pilli sooniyam etc. any one have answers.

Last edited:
dear members,
The RAHUKALAM and YAMAGHANDAM is not for those brahmin who is performing sandyavandanam and nitya karmanushtanam daily. THE rahukalam and yamagandam is powerful on sunday and thursday because this time is sandyakalam time. Other day also in rahukalam end of 50% it"s call AMRITGHATAKI, ANY WORK STARING IN this period will get succsses.
arunachaleswarayanamaha

dear members,
The RAHUKALAM and YAMAGHANDAM is not for those brahmin who is performing sandyavandanam and nitya karmanushtanam daily. THE rahukalam and yamagandam is powerful on sunday and thursday because this time is sandyakalam time. Other day also in rahukalam end of 50% it"s call AMRITGHATAKI, ANY WORK STARING IN this period will get succsses.
arunachaleswarayanamaha

I have been told by tamil brahmins in Kerala that Rahu Kaalam will not affect brahmins. They don't bother about Yamagantam.

All the best

Sir,
As far as I know only auspicious things are to be performed during
KULIGAN TIME.
Visiting a house where death has taken place and daily ceremonies are being performed either for attending funeral or for offering condolence during KULIGAN time is strictly prohibited.
Even a son who is to perform the funeral rites will be asked not to enter the house during this period.
I am giving thease comments from my experience.I may not be able to cite any authority.
When I was in ANDHRA during the years 1970 to 1979 I have heard that ANDHRAS
do perform marriages during YEMAGANDAM PERIOD.Their marriages
generally take place during night time just like Bengalees,NORTH INDIANS.
While AMAVASYA is considered as 'AUSPICIOUS' IN TAMILNADU,the same day is considered as inauspicious in ANDHRA. I have no specific explanation for this disparity.
B.Krishnamurthy
Phaladeepika mentions Yamaganta as a suba velai and any auspicious things can be performed.

நான் நேரில் பார்த்துத் தெரிந்துகொண்டவரை, தமிழ்ப்பிராமணர்கள்தான் இராகுகாலத்துக்கு அதிக அளவு ஆட்படுகிறார்கள். திருஞானசம்பந்தர் நவகோள்கள் அனைத்தையும் “நல்ல நல்ல; அவை நல்ல” என்று பாடுகிறார்.
வட இந்தியாவிலும், ஆந்திராவிலும் இரவில் திருமணங்கள் அதிக அளவில் நடைபெறுவதால் இராகுகாலம் பற்றி அவர்கள் கவலைப்படுவதில்லை.
கடவுள் நம்பிக்கைபோல, இராகுகாலத்தை நம்புவதும் ஒரு நம்பிக்கை. இதை அனுசரிப்பதைத் சரி அல்லது தவறு என்று யாரும் கூறமுடியாது.
சு. கிருஷ்ணமூர்த்தி

Dear Krishnamoorthy ji

We cannot quote Kolaru padhigam here as a support as the padhigam itself indirectly signifies that ill-effects can be created by planets. Because, all the parameters he used in this padhigam goes like that only; "kolai yaanai (even not an ordinary elephant, kezhal- puli, kodunagam, karadi" are all mentioned along with diseases like pitham, juram etc. So, actually these are not "nalla nalla". To pacify them only, he is chanting Shiva namam.

I studied somewhere that Rahu kalam comes even in nights also. I dont know whether Andhra people follows that. I just want learned experts view on this.

Pranams

அன்புமிக்க ஸ்ரீதுர்காதாசன் அவர்களுக்கு,
நமஸ்காரம்.
தாங்கள் கூறுவது முற்றிலும் சரி. நவகோள்களின் துன்பங்கள் அகலுவதற்காகவே கோளறுபதிகம் படிப்பது வழக்கம்.
நான் சொல்லவந்தது -இந்த ராகுகாலம் பார்க்கும் வழக்கம் பாரதம் முழுவதும் உள்ள ஹிந்துக்கள் அனைவரிடத்திலும் இல்லை என்பதுதான். நம்பினோர்க்க்கு உண்டு. நம்பாதவர்க்கு இல்லை. அவ்வளவுதான்.
நன்றி.
கிருஷ்ணமூர்த்தி

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back