• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Omens and beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although feral armadillos and nonhuman primates are known to carry Mycobacterium leprae, leprosy transmission from animals to humans has only been confirmed in a couple of cases and otherwise is extremely rare.

Although the bacteria responsible for the disease was discovered in 1873, scientists still do not fully understand the exact mode of leprosy transmission. Inhaled respiratory droplets are a likely source of infection. However, this is only a factor in half of all cases. Other things that may influence leprosy transmission include a person's degree of susceptibility, the extent of exposure, and environmental conditions.

People who live in the same household as a person with untreated leprosy have an eight-fold increased risk of developing the disease. This is due to genetic factors relating to susceptibility and/or prolonged intimate contact.

It is important to note that the spouse is the least at-risk familial member. The people who are at the greatest risk of leprosy transmission are:

Children
Brothers or sisters
Parents of someone with leprosy.

Leprosy transmission does not occur between a mother and her unborn baby, and people cannot get leprosy through sexual contact.

Leprosy Transmission

Anyway our good old friend Palli who has been responsible for an a branch of Prasnam/Nimittham, is not a carrier of leprosy. You know Palli's make a sound and some omens are based on Palli's voice.

பல்லி சொல் பலன்

திரà¯￾தà¯￾தலஙà¯￾களிலà¯￾ நோயà¯￾ தீரà¯￾கà¯￾கà¯￾à®®à¯￾ பலà¯￾லிகளà¯￾ | Om Sakthi Publication

Palli is not just a Geico. Much more than that. :shocked:

download (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When a lizard takes a dive
into a soup/ sambar/milk,
the fate of the persons eating the food
is the same as the fate of the lizard.
Either all of them live (with the lizard)
or all of them take off (with thew lizard!)

I have seen only lizards without tails, and I have also found tails in my life just lying here and there. I do not, however, believe in omens: The thing is, if my karma is good, bad things cannot hurt me - that's what I believe :)

Lizards shed their tails when in danger-

to perform a robust dance number :dance:

and distract the predator's attention

from the lizard, to give it time to run for its life. :bolt:

Of course it will grow a new stub later -

not as pretty as the original one -

but still it can be called as a tail.

With so many tail-less lizards and lizard-less tails lying around,

I think the lizards must be worried about the ill omens -

more than you will have to, sir! :)

I have always wondered how the lizards send their Morse code at the most

appropriate moment confirming the statement just made by the people

conversing in the room!!! Do they really understand our conversation?

I have always wondered how the lizards send their Morse code at the most

appropriate moment confirming the statement just made by the people

conversing in the room!!! Do they really understand our conversation?

For Muslims..they do not like lizards cos of an incident that took place when the Prophet was hiding from the enemy in a cave.

The story goes that the lizard made noise and gave away the hiding place of the prophet but before the enemy could reach to the spot a spider spun a web quickly at the hiding place and the enemy thought that since there is a spider web intact here..no one could have gone this direction and left!

There is a practice here on the Night of Friday(it is actually Thursday night even though it is called Night of Friday)..killing lizards are done on the Night of Fridays cos is supposed to bring merit.

Even in the 70s, school kids in UK were not aware that milk came from cows - they had seen only the milkman leaving bottles outside; excursions were arranged to farms.

Now TV has educated the kids; they know all from start to finish.

hi
when my son came from USA for summer vacation to chennnai...he saw palli....he was watching....he is scared of palli and

karapaan poochi....he never seen these lizard in usa....

Doll makers, please note. Dolls which cry, demand feed and then promptly wet themselves are available for a long time. A new world of 'nature perfect' animal toys is waiting to be born!

A child visited India for the first time and took a ride on a bull o' cart.
When the bull/ox started urinating the child exclaimed,
"Dad! This one leaks!!!"
He had assumed it to be new version of mechanized transport.

Pest control treatment done by many firms is quite effective. Spots of repellent gel applied with a gun at cornets, doors and edges of cupboards virtually make the kitchen cockroach free. Recommended to repeat the treatment every quarter. Rates are about Rs. 600 to 800 for a 3 bedroom flat (depends on the area) with special rates for annual contract.

Chalks called 'lakshman rekha' are available for ants and insects, but these are not effective, as the original lakshman rekha.

Lakshman rekaha is a bad word in today's media. Whoever uses this phrase in any context is pounced upon and torn to pieces.

For cockroaches elimination from Indian Homes, Please get COMBAT Cockroach Killing tablets from WAL MART , it is odorless, and keeps away cockroaches for 6 months and more
We always get them and use them in our home in India.
But Children should not handle it.

Combat® Source Kill Large Roach Killing System, Child-Resistant Disc, 8/Box (Combat) (DPR41913419138) - Product Reviews and Prices - Shopping.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back