• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Navaratna ring wearing position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, AFAIK, you should wear it all times. The vibrations are supposed to pass through your body all time. If it was given to you after any elaborate pooja, then please ask the person who gave to you. Blind faith can lead you somewhere but doubtful faith can confuse you thoroughly. These are all like parikarams to give psychological boost. You give to me any powerful gem or navratnas they will soon become as dull as I am. It works here, it does not elsewhere. Maybe within the law of coincidences. Generally you are asked to keep for a day or a few days before wearing it to study untoward happenings. One thing that certain money power is on your fingers.

Sir,
Is that a "tongue in cheek" statement? Because you sound like me.

1. Now a days, it has become a fashion for men to wear ear rings. Some attribute that towards fashion to improve their image.
  2. In olden days, it was a traditional custom followed in the Hindu Religion. In fact, a ceremony i.e. Ayushhomam is done immediately after completion of one year in all Hindu families. During that period practice of piercing ears is one of the Hindu practices for the children and for the first time, food is served to child. The Maternal Uncle is supposed to hold the child in his hands while the child's ears are pierced. This function is celebrated by inviting people from the Girl's father's side. They are supposed to bring Silver Plate for the Child along with ear rings.
  3. In some families, Golden Hanging or called Doluck is presented to the child. In some families diamond studs are worn to exhibit their wealthy or rich background. Some use Gold or Diamond as a matter of investment, which they can exchange it later when the child grows. .
  4. Of late, guys have started piercing their either right or left ear mainly as a fashion so that girls could find them and some wear that as a sexy symbol to attract the girls.
  5. Some may wear that as a gift from a girl friend, wife or a friend.
  6. On the advice and to hold the significance of therapeutic value, some wear ear rings.
  7. The boys who study in the Patashala are normally asked to wear ear rings as a symbol of spiritual development.
  8. Generally Yogis adopt the practice of piercing to stimulate the psychic nerves connected to the ears.
  9. One can see in Movies or in Serials men who are in the revolutionary side wear earrings. Because they get immediate identification amongst themselves.
  10. People who do Vaidheegam, generally wear ear rings because of tradition.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Sir,
Is that a "tongue in cheek" statement? Because you sound like me.

Cannot antagonize you always! Every thing has two sides like a coin. If you take the coin you are taking both the sides. Otherwise, the coin does not become a legal tender. Life is a paradox where mono-ism gets defeated. Only God is one and the maya has sides. As for the 'navratna' I have seen paradox. Let me give an example of a different colour. I know a couple who was issue-less for sometime as the agony lasted. Astrology said 'no chance' for issue and the second opinion confirmed it. Well the couple went to a well-known expert gynaec who also said 'no chance' for conception and again the second opinion confirmed same. They went to a Swamiji who asked the couple to pray to Maruthi. They did that and alongside the gruhasta started doing amavasya tarpana regularly. And the couple has now 2 handsome boys married and happy. Here the coincidence was science and astrology failed. Or both the astrologer and gynaec were coincidentally incompetent. Moral is Rabbit does not have 3 legs.

[video=youtube;xHpnjH-tR_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHpnjH-tR_8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]
Cannot antagonize you always! Every thing has two sides like a coin. If you take the coin you are taking both the sides. Otherwise, the coin does not become a legal tender. Life is a paradox where mono-ism gets defeated. Only God is one and the maya has sides. As for the 'navratna' I have seen paradox. Let me give an example of a different colour. I know a couple who was issue-less for sometime as the agony lasted. Astrology said 'no chance' for issue and the second opinion confirmed it. Well the couple went to a well-known expert gynaec who also said 'no chance' for conception and again the second opinion confirmed same. They went to a Swamiji who asked the couple to pray to Maruthi. They did that and alongside the gruhasta started doing amavasya tarpana regularly. And the couple has now 2 handsome boys married and happy. Here the coincidence was science and astrology failed. Or both the astrologer and gynaec were coincidentally incompetent. Moral is Rabbit does not have 3 legs.

Either it worked or the MILKMAN was happy. (la Kunti) LOL

Last edited:

Even if we know that what we believe is a superstition, following it blindly also might give some boost!

I have written already in this forum that I wear a particular saree for train journey, though I know that

fate is going to decide the success of that trip. It is my lucky saree and it gives me peace of mind while

I travel. So it is all the mind set. If our friend feels good after wearing the navarathna ring, it is fine! :thumb:

Unless the question is posed to a specific person,
everyone will only be too happy to give their opinion
and say what they know about the issue being discussed.
Haven't heard the saying, "The more the merrier"? :)

If someone goes nude in public, others have every right to see and comment. If you want others not to comment please stay inside. You post in a public forum, you must expect all opinions. Sorry Ms. Raji no disrespect to you.

Dear Prasad Sir,

No problem. I have already deleted the objectionable post!

PS: Hope the unedited post will not be taken to court!! :lol: And, I hope my sis will delete my 'quote'

Dear Prasad Sir,

No problem. I have already deleted the objectionable post!

PS: Hope the unedited post will not be taken to court!! :lol: And, I hope my sis will delete my 'quote'

""I have already deleted the objectionable post! ..""

AAAAhhaaa... I missed that post... Why not we have a SPECIAL thread...?...To be deleted/deleted already posts..??
So that people like me can enhance our knowldge...!!

TVK

You MAY end up pulling out and losing the rich plumes on your head!!! :rolleyes:
I myself MIGHT be one of the major contributors!!! :shocked:

""I have already deleted the objectionable post! ..""

AAAAhhaaa... I missed that post... Why not we have a SPECIAL thread...?...To be deleted/deleted already posts..??
So that people like me can enhance our knowldge...!!

TVK

The navarathna stones have effect, I guess!!

The two persons famous for their arguments advise me to stay :cool:

In accordance with our Vedic Astrology, such type of precious rings are the best
and most effective way to obtain positive results and to minimise the effect
on account of the impact of movement of unfavorable planets in one's Horoscope and
also to keep a watch on the negative factor in the life.

Some may get financial benefits in life. Some may be advised to be careful while
planning or driving, etc. For some, if it does not suit, there are likelihood of some
conflicts or the other in the family. Some may suffer from health problems.

However, one has to get the horoscope evaluated before wearing Navaratna Ring.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

The navarathna stones have effect, I guess!!

The two persons famous for their arguments advise me to stay :cool:

On two counts I know this comment is not for me.
I am not famous (or have any desire to be), and secondly I did not advice such in this thread and that too to Ms. Raji. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back