• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marraige Into an Orthodox Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

i think ...madisar for sridevi.....i forgot pic....kamal as brahmin mama...sridevi as mami.....even her curves are more visible

and nice kosavam....

hi

i think ...madisar for sridevi.....i forgot pic....kamal as brahmin mama...sridevi as mami.....even her curves are more visible

and nice kosavam....

It is meendum kokila

images

https://youtu.be/z3RUavEHgbo

A very interesting interview from Mrs Visaka Hari.

If you note towards the end of the interview, she says at home also she wears Madisar.

Very interesting because what I hear is she is a CA was employed in the corporate sector before.

So some similarities to me.

Dear friends, I belong to Srivilliputtur Area where marriages during 40s/ 50s used to be within the relative Iyengars,of nearby villages

with both Vadagalas & Thegalais.the group of all those families were well united & had wonderful life, since all lived closeby had no

major differences in day-to-day life. When my sister was married to a Thengalai family at Srivilliputturn in 1961,I saw her adoring

Melakku on Right side & it added to her stature as a girl of 21 yrs

A.Srinivasan (rishikesan ,

:nono: Vaagmi Sir!

The main point you have missed is that double dhoti is 8 cubit ONLY and not 16 cubits as you wrote! :)

And the two piece 9 x 5 and 10 x 6 are for 'panchu' meaning 'panchakachcham'!

I am sorry! I should have given the meaning of 'panchu'!
icon3.png

I gave the nick name because panchakachcham is too long! :D

Yeah that was a slip. Thanks for the correction.

How many cubits is a yard 
Cubit is Muzham in Tamil.

One cubit is 18 inches and two cubits make one yard and hence 18 muzham saree = 9 yards saree.

To cater the needs of taller and / stout women, 19 and 20 muzham sarees are available in the market.

Cubit is Muzham in Tamil.

One cubit is 18 inches and two cubits make one yard and hence 18 muzham saree = 9 yards saree.

To cater the needs of taller and / stout women, 19 and 20 muzham sarees are available in the market.

I think couple of my kancheepuram ones are 10 yards because sometimes there is lot saree material lying loose, I think I mentioned in the previous post that it's between 7-9 pleats, think that's the reason.

Dear Daksha,

Are you doing some poojA every morning? If so, what all new prayers have you learnt?

Dear RR ji...I was just thinking of same thing.

Daksha..why dont you share with us what you cook for husband.

Raji & Renu ma'ams

As far as poojas or prayers go I just starting off, currently we have moved with my husband's aunt's family. As your aware my husband will slowly taking over his uncle's responsibilities at the temple.

His aunt is the one who is just guiding me through for the time being , for starters I just watch her because to start practicing the rituals / pooja I must understand the concept what's done and familiarise myself. It will be too much for me to start everything at once

Once couple of weeks to months pass then I can slowly start to learn and start practising or reciting my self.

I go to the temple every day which is all the priest' s wives do.

As for cooking not much now, his aunt cooks for everyone and so I just help her for the moment.

Raji ma'am. I use my kancheepuram for the temple everyday , because I am newly married it's suggested that I wear my kancheepuram for at least 6 months.

Daksha..why dont you get the help of someone to teach you prayers..some basic sanskrit in an organized manner?

Since you have decided to embrace life as a priest's wife..try to make the best of this situation to gain knowledge in religious text too.

Since your husbands aunt is doing bulk of the work at home in terms of Pooja..cooking etc...help her out when you can to let her get some rest too.

Daksha..why dont you get the help of someone to teach you prayers..some basic sanskrit in an organized manner?

Since you have decided to embrace life as a priest's wife..try to make the best of this situation to gain knowledge in religious text too.

Since your husbands aunt is doing bulk of the work at home in terms of Pooja..cooking etc...help her out when you can to let her get some rest too.

Yes I am going to but it will be bit of slow transformation over a couple of months,not an overnight one.More of a step by step process.

Because as far as being a practicing Brahmin & understanding rituals should be done with clear understanding .

For example you can stop wearing westeren/ shalwar type clothing and start wearing saree with immediate effect but when it comes to rituals proper understanding is important.

As far as helping with his aunt , indeed I am doing that, and it is the best way to learn.??

Yes I am going to but it will be bit of slow transformation over a couple of months,not an overnight one.More of a step by step process.

Because as far as being a practicing Brahmin & understanding rituals should be done with clear understanding .

For example you can stop wearing westeren/ shalwar type clothing and start wearing saree with immediate effect but when it comes to rituals proper understanding is important.

As far as helping with his aunt , indeed I am doing that, and it is the best way to learn.

Dear Daksha,

As an older person..I feel sometimes going too slow does not really get us kicking into action.

Be pro active..plan right away what are your goals here..since you have made a transformation to be a priest's wife try to live up to it in terms of knowledge and lifestyle.

Most important..do not procrastinate.

Understanding does come with time no doubt but no harm trying to take steps for action.

Dear Daksha,

As an older person..I feel sometimes going too slow does not really get us kicking into action.

Be pro active..plan right away what are your goals here..since you have made a transformation to be a priest's wife try to live up to it in terms of knowledge and lifestyle.

Most important..do not procrastinate.

Understanding does come with time no doubt but no harm trying to take steps for action.

No worries, I am committed to accepting and practicing my duties, but the only thing is my family and I feel it must be done in a way of clearly understanding probably within a few weeks I must be able to start with the rituals,

If there is no understanding, I will be no different to those people who convert for financial benifits to other religions ??

Your objectives are laudable.

Look for some reciprocity from those for whom you are adopting a new lifestyle including dress and food preferances.

Your objectives are laudable.

Look for some reciprocity from those for whom you are adopting a new lifestyle including dress and food preferances.

I am indeed receiving reciprocity, instead of making me adopt the rituals side of things immediately they are indeed giving time for me to adopt their system I would say.

I also have shown my intentions, by adopting the dressing in a more traditional manner which is extremely difficult.

Suddenly starting to dress the I am it is very
Difficult, being in a 9 yard saree for whole day is no easy task, I feel very self conscious being in public,piercing the nose was extremely painful ? & very very expensive ??.

There are couple of things they are not happy about me, couple of requests I did not agree to.

But at the end of the day it's both ways,So they realise all this so there is no pressure for me to learn immediately but a couple of month leeway is there for me.

Daksha..for causal outings do still have to be in Madisar?

Yes , I am 24 hours in it.

Although I was not in a Madisar during our honeymoon , that was normal clothes ????

After that back to Madisar !!

Dear Renu,

I think this thread can continue as it is because it is in Sociology forum and Daksha is sharing her experiences
in her mAmified life! If a new thread goes to chit chat, it might become less serious! Just a thought. :decision:

Dear Daksha..I think RR jis suggestion is good..so continue in this thread.

Tell us your daily routine..what time you get up..any specific prayers you recite in the morning.

But enjoy ur LOVVU too.

After some thought , I am thinking what if I start a new thread on in th sociology section it self!!!

Any suggestions ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back