• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Maanam Ketta Tamil Cinema!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamil movies need to improve

I will state that the Tamil movies need to improve from an intellectual standpoint. We recycle the same stories, ideas, dialogs etc. I tried to see "Shivaji" and was so disgusted that I walked out in 10 min. The amount of hypocrisy is overwhelming. They all state that they wanted "traditional Tamil girls" to please the average Tamil viewer and then will show 10 girls, half naked jumping around. People should be honest in their view point. Most of the directors are not creative in trying new things. I have not understood why people want a dozen songs in each movie, especially when the songs are terrible. A movie like "Das Leben Der Anderen" will never appear in Tamil cinema due to the lack of creativity in our story writers. The same person will be given credit for direction, story, and screenplay. In all honesty, some of the best directors have not been able to do that. This includes people like Michael Curtiz, Martin Scorcese and so on. I want more honesty in Tamil movies, where the director shows something that they feel deeply about and not just escapist trash.

Dear Friends,
I am a Tamil Brahmin belonging to Kerala. I am always happy to see most of the portrayal of our community in Malayalam pictures.There ,we are not made fun of. While in Hindi pictures, the jester's role is given to any Tamilian, in Tamil pictures, the jester's role is given to people like us , who speak a dialect of tamil with generous mixture of Malayalam, Ramachander

Dear Mr.Ramachander,
There are 2 ways to handle this problem ;
1) Stop watching such films and spend ur time worthwhile , engaging yourself in another activity that u may be interested in.
or
2) Try and learn Karate/ kungfu / tae-kwondo , disguise yourself , meet the producers/ directors of such movies and deliver your anguish by kicking them the number of times , u want to , until u are satisfied !

On a lighter note, Have u ever considered the IDEA of changing the mannerisms that they show in the movies of the jester's role , which needs to be changed or else it will be made fun off , decades will witness

Make that Change !

if it happned in north...

if it happned in north... that cenima director can not take another cenima and that cenima wont come to big streen @ all. he won't get the career... i am thinking why not our tamil bramins come to other state and live here... learn how north indian bramins are... our people are not dare to oppose this type of cenima and social activites... our tamil bramins will come up once we have strength to oppose these type of ideots and fools.... we should brave enough to takle these stupid people...In tamil nadu only politics are running based on (against) bramins... atleast Bharamanar sangam should give notes agains this type of activities.

When they produced the movie "Iyer the Great " in Malayalam ( and may be dubbed in Tamil) the DK people held demonstrations against the title.

Tamil Cinema has faced problems whenever they have tried to project a particular community in an unfavorable light.

The only exception are the Brahmins. We do not bother. Why should we? That is civilized behaviour. That is what makes us different from others.

I remember our laughing at the portrayal of a Tamil Brahmin by Mahamood the great comedian of Hindi cinema.

Come on guys. Laugh it off.

Excellent

When they produced the movie "Iyer the Great " in Malayalam ( and may be dubbed in Tamil) the DK people held demonstrations against the title.

Tamil Cinema has faced problems whenever they have tried to project a particular community in an unfavorable light.

The only exception are the Brahmins. We do not bother. Why should we? That is civilized behaviour. That is what makes us different from others.

I remember our laughing at the portrayal of a Tamil Brahmin by Mahamood the great comedian of Hindi cinema.

Come on guys. Laugh it off.

Excellent and brillent answer nacchinarkiniyan

Dear all,

My response is to the discussion starting from posting no.53, Sri Ramachander's posting.

Sri, Ramachander, you have a valid point. The portrayals of tamil brahmins in movies is awful and I too believe something must be done about it.

Sri Vijisesh, I disagree with your view #3 where you say we have to 'change' our habits. No way! This is a free country and each group of people should be allowed to practice their ways of living and culture without fear of persecution. If a government does not ensure that it has to be brought to books, in our case, to the attention of the media.

If any of you have ideas about how we can achieve this please present them.

Sri Nacchinarkiniyan, your views actually remind me of why Tamil Brahmins kept quiet about their atrocities agains them. You know why? Because Kanchi Periyava stopped them from staging any retaliation. Do read a few links on kanchikamakoti.org. Periyava's reasoning was - any retaliatory measures from Brahmins will only produce hatred.

Several leading members of the Tamil Brahmin community acted according to Periyava's words. I believe this is the reason an organized protest was not made from the very beginning. But please read his words - nothing like going to a direct source.

Regards,
Chintana

Last edited:
Well Well Well !!
Some thought provoking ideas ! Change our habits !, retaliate , all that is fine for discussion ! But Yettu sorakkai kootukku serathungo !!
For those of the interested readers , I have had the privilege of working in our state govt for a few years with due respect and i didn't see NO ILL TREATMENT AT ALL !, i should confess ! and have many guys still around from our community, under the guidance of whom , TN rocks , makes myself proud !
All u got to do is change ur slang and be one of them to be treated as one !
Doesn't matter if one agrees or disagrees , got to be matured enough to face the fact !
No one can deny the fact that once upon a time the BRAHMIN had all the other so called lower castes under mental control treating them as untouchables and after our ancestors run out of luck over the years , the generations to follow were forced to shift to other states due to the reservations / better options elsewhere etc, which is known to all !
The boomerang had to return some day with a greater velocity - Law of Karma , we'll have to face it ! What you sow , so shall you reap !!
But shouldn't we be getting the views of the so called attrocities from the residents of TN !! who should rather have a better picture !

Last edited:
Dear Vijisesh,

Well Well Well !!
Some thought provoking ideas ! Change our habits !, retaliate , all that is fine for discussion ! But Yettu sorakkai kootukku serathungo !!

Please read carefully! It was you said that we should change our habits. I said we should not.

Yettil irukkum suraikkai valarppu pattri padithu yeppadi nijathil suraikkayai valarpathendu parpatharkaga ingu koodiullom!

Verumae 'yettu surraikkai yettu suraikkkai' yendru koovikondirupadhil artham illai.

Point is, in any democracy the citizens should be free to practice their culture without fear of persecution. We have less than an ideal situation. So we have to see how to move forward constructively.

For those of the interested readers , I have had the privilege of working in our state govt for a few years with due respect and i didn't see NO ILL TREATMENT AT ALL !, i should confess ! and have many guys still around from our community, under the guidance of whom , TN rocks , makes myself proud !

Well, good for you! Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us and we are always happy to know that our folks are still doing good, they are able to do good.

My experience was not so good. I had a person in my circle of friends who thought I was a fool because I was a Brahmin and followed some of Brahminical ways.

So one cannot say that a single individual's experience applies to the entire community. We know that Brahmins feel persecuted because of government policies and sometimes others' behavior toward them. How do we know this? The requests for help that we get for our volunteering agenda indicate this and many topics in our discussion threads are about this too.

All u got to do is change ur slang and be one of them to be treated as one !
Doesn't matter if one agrees or disagrees , got to be matured enough to face the fact !

Sure! But are you mature enough to understand that it is some of those slangs that are unique to Brahmin culture and that we shouldn't have to change them? They make us who we are. They are not bad words and dont mean ill for anybody. So why should we change them?

My humble variation on 'Thamizhan yendru sollada...Thalai nimirndu nillada' -- 'Andanan yendru sollada...Anjaamal nillada'!

Changing slang is not the way to get respect and acceptance from others. It is through good behavior, by being true to who we are, by trying to follow to whatever extent possible, the things that are considered good by our community - those are the means we should use to get acceptance from people. And if there are those who cannot see the value of our good actions and are so shallow that they want to make fun of our slang because they can find no other fault, then we must distance ourselves from such people and seek good company elsewhere.

No one can deny the fact that once upon a time the BRAHMIN had all the other so called lower castes under mental control treating them as untouchables and after our ancestors run out of luck over the years , the generations to follow were forced to shift to other states due to the reservations / better options elsewhere etc, which is known to all !

I had no idea that you were so misinformed about this subject. Please read some of my postings on the thread - "Who are we? Part II" (I think) and "Some Interesting questions". For more, please search for all postings under my handle and pick and choose the ones you feel are more appropriate. I have addressed this issue earlier so I dont want to repeat myself.

If you are still not convinced please read Kanchi Maha Perivaya's words on kamakoti.org. Just a couple of days back I was browsing through some of his words and came across this specific couple of sentences where he says it is absolute rubbish to say that Brahmins oppressed anybody.

The boomerang had to return some day with a greater velocity - Law of Karma , we'll have to face it ! What you sow , so shall you reap !!

Dear Vijisesh, please read. Do not make statements about our community without proper evidence and proper sources.

Please learn to differentiate between propaganda (which has been fed to TN over the last 50 years) and real truth.

But shouldn't we be getting the views of the so called attrocities from the residents of TN !! who should rather have a better picture !

If they really did feel that way why is it they havent killed us all already? How is it that some of us still happen to command respect as your own experience has shown?

Regards,
Chintana

Last edited:
For Vijisesh - One more Reference

Dear Vijisesh,

Sometime ago a non-brahmin came to participate in our threads and expressed the view that brahmins were oppressors. I responded to him and he seemed to feel convinced about my reply.

This exchange is available here: http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=883&page=8

Starting from posting no. 73 please follow the back and forth between Thangaraj and I.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chintana

Vanakkam, Chinthana Ji,

Sabhash !
Sinthanai sei manamey ! Too good chinthanai here !

Point is, in any democracy the citizens should be free to practice their culture without fear of persecution. We have less than an ideal situation. So we have to see how to move forward constructively.

--> Yes , ma'am, u've got the meaning of democracy , crystal clear , but there's something more than that required for a modest living ! It's something to do with 'societal life ' , u need to be part of any integral society , u have to adjust and accomodate yourself in a society of all castes and creed , a secular india , IF U WANT TO AVOID THIS SYNDROME OF COMPLAINING ABOUT ATTROCITIES !!

Well, good for you! Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us and we are always happy to know that our folks are still doing good, they are able to do good.

My experience was not so good. I had a person in my circle of friends who thought I was a fool because I was a Brahmin and followed some of Brahminical ways.

--> Practice the Brahminical ways at home or in the temple ! They respect you ! but if I say i will not sit with a guy of another caste side by side , eating together , I AM AGAINST GOD'S WILL OF HUMANITY ! Treat them with respect and you will be honoured , just as the case may be in any society ! Don't u have any prejudice towards Brownies in any other part of the world ?

So one cannot say that a single individual's experience applies to the entire community. We know that Brahmins feel persecuted because of government policies and sometimes others' behavior toward them. How do we know this? The requests for help that we get for our volunteering agenda indicate this and many topics in our discussion threads are about this too.

---> Statistics is not my piece of cake but the present population of brahmins in the govt sectors is still overwhelming !
I also know that Exceptions cannot be quoted as Examples !

Sure! But are you mature enough to understand that it is some of those slangs that are unique to Brahmin culture and that we shouldn't have to change them? They make us who we are. They are not bad words and dont mean ill for anybody. So why should we change them?

My humble variation on 'Thamizhan yendru sollada...Thalai nimirndu nillada' -- 'Andanan yendru sollada...Anjaamal nillada'!

Changing slang is not the way to get respect and acceptance from others. It is through good behavior, by being true to who we are, by trying to follow to whatever extent possible, the things that are considered good by our community - those are the means we should use to get acceptance from people. And if there are those who cannot see the value of our good actions and are so shallow that they want to make fun of our slang because they can find no other fault, then we must distance ourselves from such people and seek good company elsewhere.

--> How do I explain this - changing the slang ???? Okay I ,as an officer
having my sub-ordinates from all caste and creed , need to follow the basics - motivate the employees for their better output ! For this I need to sit with them , understand them , and then start advising them , which our creed are good at , thanks to the genetic wisdom , inherited !

I had no idea that you were so misinformed about this subject. Please read some of my postings on the thread - "Who are we? Part II" (I think) and "Some Interesting questions". For more, please search for all postings under my handle and pick and choose the ones you feel are more appropriate. I have addressed this issue earlier so I dont want to repeat myself.

If you are still not convinced please read Kanchi Maha Perivaya's words on kamakoti.org. Just a couple of days back I was browsing through some of his words and came across this specific couple of sentences where he says it is absolute rubbish to say that Brahmins oppressed anybody.

---> Misinformed ! Not at all ! I am not a kid ! I have been with close counters with people from all the other castes , having heard about their experiences about the dominance of our ancestors !

------> The argument continues ..in the evening .. Time to go to my office !!

Makkal Pradhinidhi !

Dear Vijisesh,

Vanakkam, Chinthana Ji,

Sabhash !

--> Yes , ma'am, u've got the meaning of democracy , crystal clear , but there's something more than that required for a modest living ! It's something to do with 'societal life ' , u need to be part of any integral society , u have to adjust and accomodate yourself in a society of all castes and creed , a secular india , IF U WANT TO AVOID THIS SYNDROME OF COMPLAINING ABOUT ATTROCITIES !!

=> Sure! Who is saying no to that? I think we do a pretty good job of adjusting.

---

--> Practice the Brahminical ways at home or in the temple ! They respect you ! but if I say i will not sit with a guy of another caste side by side , eating together , I AM AGAINST GOD'S WILL OF HUMANITY ! Treat them with respect and you will be honoured , just as the case may be in any society ! Don't u have any prejudice towards Brownies in any other part of the world ?

=> You are mixing two topics here. Practising one's culture does not mean a person can commit atrocities in its name. I hope you understood the first time around when I said that people should be free to follow their culture it is only within the sphere of democratic responsibility. I also hope you understood that I never meant to condone anyone's lack of respect for another person.

--

---> Statistics is not my piece of cake but the present population of brahmins in the govt sectors is still overwhelming !

=> Your original argument (and my response to it ) was about whether brahmins are being treated with respect or not. This piece of information on statistics is irrelevant to the point you initially made.

--

having my sub-ordinates from all caste and creed , need to follow the basics - motivate the employees for their better output ! For this I need to sit with them , understand them , and then start advising them , which our creed are good at , thanks to the genetic wisdom , inherited !

=>Vijisesh, it is only now that you are being specific about the context under which the culture argument is applied. Everybody needs to follow professional ethics and do what is needed in a person's job. This has nothing to do with the freedom to practice one's culture.

---

---> Misinformed ! Not at all ! I am not a kid ! I have been with close counters with people from all the other castes , having heard about their experiences about the dominance of our ancestors !

=>I will counter this argument after I am convinced that you have read the references I have pointed you to.

Point to bear in mind: I make a distinction between oppression and ill-treatment. Both are not the same to me. More after you have read and come back to the discussion.

Makkal Pradhinidhi !

Regards,
Chintana

Last edited:
Makkal Pradhinidhi /vijisesh

Dear Vijisesh,

Vanakkam, Chinthana Ji,

Sabhash !

=> Sure! Who is saying no to that? I think we do a pretty good job of adjusting.

---

=> You are mixing two topics here. Practising one's culture does not mean a person can commit atrocities in its name. I hope you understood the first time around when I said that people should be free to follow their culture it is only within the sphere of democratic responsibility. I also hope you understood that I never meant to condone anyone's lack of respect for another person.

--

=> Your original argument (and my response to it ) was about whether brahmins are being treated with respect or not. This piece of information on statistics is irrelevant to the point you initially made.

--

=>Vijisesh, it is only now that you are being specific about the context under which the culture argument is applied. Everybody needs to follow professional ethics and do what is needed in a person's job. This has nothing to do with the freedom to practice one's culture.

---

=>I will counter this argument after I am convinced that you have read the references I have pointed you to.

Point to bear in mind: I make a distinction between oppression and ill-treatment. Both are not the same to me. More after you have read and come back to the discussion.

vijisesh

hey i have one doubt... if our bramin community change the
Regards,
Chintana

Makkal Pradhinidhi/vijisesh

hey i have oue doubt... if our bramin community change like what u said, is Karananathi and his foolish crowd, romadass and his hope crowd are going to change their attitude towards Bramins...

Is karunanati or tamil rulling politicians going to remove reservation against bramins and stop teasing bramins

After 60 years of independence more back ward and mbc people occupied more space in the current jobs and top positions.. why those sadish,hopeless and fools people are not removing the quote system in india...

i dont know how u are comparing... i am telling one thing very clear, In Tamil nadu Bramins are only adjusting with other community people no other community people is adjusting with bramins..

Dear Chithana ji,

The maroon italics catalyse and stir the grey and white matter in me!.

Oppression / Ill treatment are two separate issues , agreed !

There's no need to carry out such a lengthy discussion about this simple thing !
let us analyse one thing at a time !
Who is oppressed ? The Brahmin in Tamil Nadu , right !
Who is responsible ? Blame it on the govt's actions, the reservations etc
What can be done ? Relax and remove the quota system !
What benefit will it do ? Give the brahmins an equal chance !
What equal chance are we talking about ? In living life gracefully , enjoying the rights of the citizen, having freedom as per the constitution , rights of speech, contributing in socio economic activities , taking INDIA to the list of developed countries !! etc

Now , one needs to be clear about the following , before proceeding
further ,
The point is :
The context of this discussion -- is it aimed for those residing abroad , planning to settle down in tamil nadu or are we talking about reservation issues to improve the lifestyle of the brahmins in TN ????????

We need to be specific to proceed further !!

Dear Chithana ji,

The maroon italics catalyse and stir the grey and white matter in me!.

Oppression / Ill treatment are two separate issues , agreed !

There's no need to carry out such a lengthy discussion about this simple thing !
let us analyse one thing at a time !
Who is oppressed ? The Brahmin in Tamil Nadu , right !
Who is responsible ? Blame it on the govt's actions, the reservations etc
What can be done ? Relax and remove the quota system !
What benefit will it do ? Give the brahmins an equal chance !
What equal chance are we talking about ? In living life gracefully , enjoying the rights of the citizen, having freedom as per the constitution , rights of speech, contributing in socio economic activities , taking INDIA to the list of developed countries !! etc

Now , one needs to be clear about the following , before proceeding
further ,
The point is :
The context of this discussion -- is it aimed for those residing abroad , planning to settle down in tamil nadu or are we talking about reservation issues to improve the lifestyle of the brahmins in TN ????????

We need to be specific to proceed further !!

Thank you for your good words, Vijisesh.

Like I mentioned earlier I do not wish to proceed with this discussion until I am convinced that you have read the references I pointed you to.

Regards,
Chintana

Practice the Brahminical ways at home or in the temple ! They respect you !

I think this is a very important point.. What really makes a difference between a brahmin and non-brahmin is his way of life and his faith in Vedic literature. If a brahmin is just engaged in mundane activities like making money and watching TV, there is really no difference between a brahmin and non-brahmin. Even Bhagavad Gita says this. A person is distinguished by his activites not his birth. Present day brahmins wish to show off how great they are and how educated they are. They just cant work as a group and cannot do good to the brahmin community. We must learn from other caste like Nadars and Goundars.

After a quick Walk Thru of previous msgs!

Chinthana Ma'am,

I 'm back after having a quick browse of Mr.Thangaraj episode !
Quite impressive !
U might have a been a history teacher in your previous janma !

The end conclusion of that episode was Mr.Thangaraj recommending for Review of the Quota system !

As there is a valid point from our side raising questions like -- after so many years , why should the quota system still continue ?? Why should the poor brahmin youngsters who score high in academics get affected ??? Why should they be denied the chance that they deserve ?? etc etc.

U can also go one step ahead and say U are denying what GOD has given the poor brahmin ??????
Wait a min ! Does it make sense ???????
GOD is supreme , if he wants to gift someone , something , will it take a microsecond to do what he wants ??

Wake my fellow people ! GOD doesn't want to do anything to break the quota system !! He is happy with it !!

You are sure that after so many years of oppression , 7-8 percent of the population in TN who are POOR TAMIL BRAHMINS ! are suffering , still ??

After how many years , say 20-30 years ???

Let us analyse what has happened in these 20-30 years !

Many people from our community have flocked their herd to distant places and by their hard work, perseverance , dedication have achieved SUCCESS and have huge BANK BALANCES !

A FOOD for thought !!

Think this as a CRISIS situation ! No more ALARM need to be sounded !!

Is it not the DUTY of the RICHER BRAHMINS to come to the RESCUE and HELP of the POORER ones !

I say if u see to it , that all the POOR BRAHMINS get a full square meal a day, u have accomplished , half ur task !!

Then Can't the rich TAMIL BRAHMINS extend part of their wealth by placing the DESERVED YOUNGSTERS in GOOD COLLEGES , in INDIA and ABROAD !!

Can't they OMNI CREATE UNIVERSITIES in TN itself like many already to give FREE EDUCATION to Our CREED !!

CAN'T THEY .......????????????????????????

This is what GOD really wants , that being the reason , he doesn;t want the quota to end !!

BELIEVE ME ! u can see a smile from the POOR BRAHMINS ! if we can implement some of the above !!

ALL THE BEST !

Dear Vijisesh,

Sometime ago a non-brahmin came to participate in our threads and expressed the view that brahmins were oppressors. I responded to him and he seemed to feel convinced about my reply.

This exchange is available here: http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=883&page=8

Starting from posting no. 73 please follow the back and forth between Thangaraj and I.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chintana

Practice the Brahminical ways at home or in the temple ! They respect you !

I think this is a very important point.. What really makes a difference between a brahmin and non-brahmin is his way of life and his faith in Vedic literature. If a brahmin is just engaged in mundane activities like making money and watching TV, there is really no difference between a brahmin and non-brahmin. Even Bhagavad Gita says this. A person is distinguished by his activites not his birth. Present day brahmins wish to show off how great they are and how educated they are. They just cant work as a group and cannot do good to the brahmin community. We must learn from other caste like Nadars and Goundars.

vanam9394

i wont agree ur point... still our bramin people are following our culture @ our house... might be @ evening some times they will watch tv etx... out or 100 might be 10% diverted like ur words.. not all

their is no difference

Dear Mr.sriniranga

As a simple answer to your questions above !

pl see the tamil movie RUN ... the dialogue after madhavan closes the shutter and says ........
Avanukku mattum rendu usura ? adicha valikkum illey ?? Ratham varum illey !!!

U got the idea ! NOTHING CAN HAPPEN GRUMBLING !! AND WHINING!

If u are not happy with somebody imposing something upon u ! ACT NOW!
DO SOMETHING TO PARTICIPATE IN POLITICS AND THEN U CAN CHANGE THE WORLD !

Venkataramana will be with you !

vijisesh

if it had happned their wont be difference between bramins and non-bramin... we are also like animal.. more over in our portal i read now reservation is going to implement in Self finance college... what u say about it..

god only have to come and change tamil nadu politicians.

vanam9394

i wont agree ur point... still our bramin people are following our culture @ our house... might be @ evening some times they will watch tv etx... out or 100 might be 10% diverted like ur words.. not all

Thanks for your response..i beg to differ from you in the statistics..i would say 10 % follow and 90 % deviated.. Most brahmin younger generation have no idea about any brahminical culture and few decades from now everything will be finished.

vanam9394 ji,
Don't beg too much ! We need to eradicate poverty ( just kidding !)

STATISTICS ARE LIES , covered by a Velveted cloth !

I remember the same statement made by my Grandfather 4 decades ago that We shall perish ! No definitely not !
For instance , how many brahmins do you think have clear ideas about our religion , not many ?? but as long as the interest exists and people are there to help freely , I mean FREE ' ly ,
I shall meet Krishna on the FINAL DAY and hope u are there also !
Till such time DO YOUR KARMA ! effectively !
PROPAGATE TO OTHERS WHAT U KNOW ABOUT OUR CULTURE !
BE an OPTIMIST !
Maram vetchavan Thanni viduvaan !( oothuvaan ! rather !!)

Dear Vijisesh
Statistics may be lies, but what i said is blatant. you can see it with your own eyes. You said brahmins are still interested in knowing their culture. If that is the case, they will have a some idea of our culture by now. but the truth is the opposite. They are more keen in learning computer software than anything else. What is the result ? They become slaves of the west and become mlechas. Thats all. Im still an optimist !!!

An old saying !

When you point a finger to someone (or 2 fingers including the thumb), the other 3 fingers point at you !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back