• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Lyricist Vaali passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
chandru,
you will probably rile up a few vaishnavites in this forum who will threaten to complain about you to praveen.

Chandru has not called any body a bigot yet. He has not misinterpreted any body's words and given a subcaste spin to it. He is not shameless to deny all this like முழுப்பூசணிக்காய். He has expressed his honest opinion about Vali and it is his right. Are we witnessing people trying to convert people here to their bigot clan?

Lyricist Vaali passes away:

His lyrics are as per the needs of the Cineme scenes. But the following one song is enough to prove Poet Vaali's greatness :

அம்மா என்றழைக்காத உயிரில்லையே

அம்மாவை வணங்காது உயர்வில்லையே
நேரில் நின்று பேசும் தெய்வம்
பெற்ற தாயன்றி வேறொன்று ஏது

அபிராமி சிவகாமி கருமாயி மகமாயி
திருக்கோயில் தெய்வங்கள் நீதானம்மா
அன்னைக்கு அன்றாடம் அபிஷேகம் அலங்காரம்
புரிகின்ற சிறுத்தொண்டன் நான்தானம்மா
பொருளோடு புகழ் வேண்டும் மகனல்ல தாயே உன்
அருள் வேண்டும் எனக்கென்றும் அது போதுமே
அடுத்திங்கு பிறப்பொன்று அமைந்தாலும் நான் உந்தன்
மகனாகப் பிறக்கின்ற வரம் வேண்டுமே
அதை நீயே தருவாயே

பசும் தங்கம் புது வெள்ளி மாணிக்கம் மணிவைரம்
அவை யாவும் ஒரு தாய்க்கு ஈடாகுமா
விலை மீது விலை வைத்துக் கேட்டாலும் கொடுத்தாலும்
கடைதன்னில் தாயன்பு கிடைக்காதம்மா
ஈரைந்து மாதங்கள் கருவோடு எனைத்தாங்கி
நீ பட்ட பெரும்பாடு அறிவேனம்மா
ஈரேழு ஜென்மங்கள் எடுத்தாலும் உழைத்தாலும்
உனக்கிங்கு நான் பட்ட கடன் தீருமா
உன்னாலே பிறந்தேனே

அம்மாவை வணங்காது உயர்வில்லையே...

His lyrics are as per the needs of the Cineme scenes. But the following one song is enough to prove Poet Vaali's greatness :

அபிராமி சிவகாமி கருமாயி மகமாயி
திருக்கோயில் தெய்வங்கள் நீதானம்மா
அன்னைக்கு அன்றாடம் அபிஷேகம் அலங்காரம்
புரிகின்ற சிறுத்தொண்டன் நான்தானம்மா
பொருளோடு புகழ் வேண்டும் மகனல்ல தாயே உன்
அருள் வேண்டும் எனக்கென்றும் அது போதுமே
அடுத்திங்கு பிறப்பொன்று அமைந்தாலும் நான் உந்தன்
மகனாகப் பிறக்கின்ற வரம் வேண்டுமே
அதை நீயே தருவாயே

பசும் தங்கம் புது வெள்ளி மாணிக்கம் மணிவைரம்
அவை யாவும் ஒரு தாய்க்கு ஈடாகுமா
விலை மீது விலை வைத்துக் கேட்டாலும் கொடுத்தாலும்
கடைதன்னில் தாயன்பு கிடைக்காதம்மா
ஈரைந்து மாதங்கள் கருவோடு எனைத்தாங்கி
நீ பட்ட பெரும்பாடு அறிவேனம்மா
ஈரேழு ஜென்மங்கள் எடுத்தாலும் உழைத்தாலும்
உனக்கிங்கு நான் பட்ட கடன் தீருமா
உன்னாலே பிறந்தேனே

அம்மாவை வணங்காது உயர்வில்லையே...

In the Movie - "MANNAN", Mr.Rajnikanth sing's this song in dedication to his Mother. It's my all time favorite song. I liked the whole theme of the movie. Often I repeat watching this movie after a considerable gap.

Probably this song was written keeping the guys in mind who are tied to their mother's apron string..In fact, the whole movie seem to have been dedicated to such guys. Rajni in the movie does everything as wished/liked by his mother. Fortunately or Unfortunately the whole TN crowd has well appreciated this story line.

Aug 14, 2013

death of 'vasana kavignar vali'

i mentioned about vali's song in the film 'kasethan kadavulada' about lord

shiva. But no one discussed about it; instead people are talking about this

fanatic vali.

What is your comments about that song, in particular.

Please comment if you have open minded approach.

S chandrasekaran

Aug 14, 2013

FROM YOUR REPLY, IT PROVES THAT YOU HAVE NOT HEARD THE SONG I REFERRED.

IT IS AMUSING THAT YOU ARGUE THAT ONE HAS TO GO WITH CINEMA'S REQUIREMENT.

IF CINEMA'S REQUIREMENT LEADS TO HURTING THE SENTIMENTS OF ONE GROUP, IS IT

PROPER TO ACCEDE TO SUCH DEMAND?

MY ARGUMENT IS THAT VALI WAS EXPOSED WHEN AN OPPORTUNITY WAS GIVEN TO HIM.

PLEASE REPLY.

S CHANDRASEKARAN

Aug 14, 2013

FROM YOUR REPLY, IT PROVES THAT YOU HAVE NOT HEARD THE SONG I REFERRED.

IT IS AMUSING THAT YOU ARGUE THAT ONE HAS TO GO WITH CINEMA'S REQUIREMENT.

IF CINEMA'S REQUIREMENT LEADS TO HURTING THE SENTIMENTS OF ONE GROUP, IS IT

PROPER TO ACCEDE TO SUCH DEMAND?

MY ARGUMENT IS THAT VALI WAS EXPOSED WHEN AN OPPORTUNITY WAS GIVEN TO HIM.

PLEASE REPLY.

S CHANDRASEKARAN

Why don't you give the song here. So that members here can அடித்து, துவைத்து, கிழித்து, காயப்போட்டு, மடித்து வைக்க முடியும். Please give it here.

A poet should be accepted as a poet. He has somebody inside him, but the poetry is independent of him. Some would say Pattukkottai Kalyanasundaram was path breaker and sort of materialist, if not a communist sympathiser. Maybe that could have cost him more acclaim. But his lines were not disputable. Vaali's vaishnavism if you call it so, was his own malady. But melody could be infused to his dialogues. Anyway, may his soul rest in peace at vaikuntam.

The name of the thidal is also banned, LOL. BTW, for Brahmin Haters they seem to have lots of Brahmin friends!!!

I understand why you say what you have said. But I just wanted to make a poser (with no offence or reference to anyone):

May be one becomes a Brahmin Hater because of (so called) Brahmin Friends? LOL :fear:

1.The name of the thidal is also banned, LOL.
2. BTW, for Brahmin Haters they seem to have lots of Brahmin friends!!!
1. Yes, I guess, since even triple X is banned! :D

2. I too know many of them. I fact, brahmins who hate brahmins also have lots of brahmin friends!

Is this called 'love-hate relationship'? :confused:

The select brahmin friends keep their faith, know what is good for them, and how to take advantage of the association to their benefit.
Vali was an astika till the end, acknowledged Sri Ramanuja as his paramaguru, in the last book release function a few days before his death.

He kept his counsel without being swayed by the rhetorics and never hesitated to put marks on his forehead, even srichurnam when he attended the book release function.

1. Yes, I guess, since even triple X is banned! :D

2. I too know many of them. I fact, brahmins who hate brahmins also have lots of brahmin friends!

Is this called 'love-hate relationship'? :confused:

Is this called 'love-hate relationship'?
Mrs. RR, this shows they don't hate brahmins, they obviously have no problem interacting with a lot of them with respect and friendship. It is the ideology they object to.

Thanks ....

The select brahmin friends keep their faith, know what is good for them, and how to take advantage of the association to their benefit.
Vali was an astika till the end, acknowledged Sri Ramanuja as his paramaguru, in the last book release function a few days before his death.

He kept his counsel without being swayed by the rhetorics and never hesitated to put marks on his forehead, even srichurnam when he attended the book release function.

Aug 28, 2013

At last one gentleman mentioned that Vali astika till the end, acknowledged Sri Ramanuja as his paramaguru. Ramajuna was a vaishnavite saint ( Vadama Iyer by birth - courtesy Wikipedia)
his song in the film 'KASEDHAN KADAVULADA' proved his fanatic nature, when opportunity was
given. If he was a true Astiga, he should have refused to write such a song.

While Iyers talk about unity among brahmins, it has to be studied in depth whether it is
fully accepted by other denomination.

Thanks,

CHANDRASEKARAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back