• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kaashi (Vaaranaasi) - Pithru Tharapanam

trram

Namaskaar - My name is T.R.RAMASUBRAMANIAN - I am a Sourashtra Brahmin from Madurai, settled in Pune. I am a practicing Vaishnavaite. I would like to go to Kaashi (Vaaranaasi) with my wife and perform Pithru Tharpanam and pray at the Kaashi Vishwanaathar temple.

I have taken Samaasrayanam at the Ahobila Mutt in Chennai, but, could not stop praying Lord Shiva as I used to pray all the Hindu gods since my childhood. Maybe this is against Samaasrayanam, but, I am taking an exception here as I believe Hari is same as Haran.

I have started writing Srimadh Bhaagavatham in my website https://www.ramiyengar.org/ for helping anyone to read and understand this great puraanam. Currently this website has only one chapter written, and It is a continuous work where I will update chapter by chapter in due course. This website also has audio recording which you can hear if you do not have the patience to read.

As such, I wanted to spend 2 days in Kaashi (Vaaranaasi) to perform Pithru Tharpanam. We are planning to reach Kaashi (Vaaranaasi) on this Friday (08-Dec-2023) by 10:00AM, perform these rituals, attend my colleague's wedding at Azamgarh on the night of Saturday (09-Dec-2023), and will fly back to our home on Sunday (10-Dec-2023) from Kaashi (Vaaranaasi).

We can understand Hindi very much, but cannot talk that much fluent Hindi.

Can anyone please let us know a Tamil priest who can perform these rituals for us? And also for our stay and south Indian food? We can pay the priest generously for performing these rituals and also for our stay and food.

Also, please let us know what time should we have to be there in Kaashi (Vaaranaasi) in the morning of this Friday (08-Dec-2023) to start the rituals so that we can book the tickets accordingly.

My email address is [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ram

Last edited by a moderator:
Namaskaar - My name is T.R.RAMASUBRAMANIAN - I am a Sourashtra Brahmin from Madurai, settled in Pune. I am a practicing Vaishnavaite. I would like to go to Kaashi (Vaaranaasi) with my wife and perform Pithru Tharpanam and pray at the Kaashi Vishwanaathar temple.

I have taken Samaasrayanam at the Ahobila Mutt in Chennai, but, could not stop praying Lord Shiva as I used to pray all the Hindu gods since my childhood. Maybe this is against Samaasrayanam, but, I am taking an exception here as I believe Hari is same as Haran.

I have started writing Srimadh Bhaagavatham in my website https://www.ramiyengar.org/ for helping anyone to read and understand this great puraanam. Currently this website has only one chapter written, and It is a continuous work where I will update chapter by chapter in due course. This website also has audio recording which you can hear if you do not have the patience to read.

As such, I wanted to spend 2 days in Kaashi (Vaaranaasi) to perform Pithru Tharpanam. We are planning to reach Kaashi (Vaaranaasi) on this Friday (08-Dec-2023) by 10:00AM, perform these rituals, attend my colleague's wedding at Azamgarh on the night of Saturday (09-Dec-2023), and will fly back to our home on Sunday (10-Dec-2023) from Kaashi (Vaaranaasi).

We can understand Hindi very much, but cannot talk that much fluent Hindi.

Can anyone please let us know a Tamil priest who can perform these rituals for us? And also for our stay and south Indian food? We can pay the priest generously for performing these rituals and also for our stay and food.

Also, please let us know what time should we have to be there in Kaashi (Vaaranaasi) in the morning of this Friday (08-Dec-2023) to start the rituals so that we can book the tickets accordingly.

My email address is [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ram
SIr
I have sent you a mail with the details.
But if my memory serves me right, I think you must visit Prayag first, then perform the Shraddha at Kashi and proceed to Gaya for the Pinda-Pradaanam.
Just though of sharing this with you.

SIr
I have sent you a mail with the details.
But if my memory serves me right, I think you must visit Prayag first, then perform the Shraddha at Kashi and proceed to Gaya for the Pinda-Pradaanam.
Just though of sharing this with you.
Yes Sir. I received your email. Thank you very much. Also, as suggested by you, I had called Kaushik vaadhyaar and he said, he will call me back. I am waiting for his call.

Sure. Thanks for guiding me to the right direction about visiting Payaag first. I will also take the guidance of Kaushik vaadhyaar and follow accordingly.

Regards
Ram

Latest ads

Back