• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is this Indian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
. How many Indian ladies wear clloths

It is a public Forum.... where topic is the issue and it cannot be limited to region, country, continent, etc.

There may be contentions....

Then again there may be comparisons

When the topic relates to fruits, there is nothing wrong in comparing apples with oranges..

OP need not say it directly... but it hints...

And finally what do you mean by this...I mean the highlighted portion...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Prasad Sir,

Some years back, in movies, only the club dancers were scantily dressed and the other female actresses were fully dressed.

Now a days, the heroines are ready to wear any costume and show their 'assets'! India has changed a lot! :)

During my years in USA as a student we went to visit some beaches. A friend (American) and I walked for a long time and did not realize we stumbled into a so called 'clothing optional' beach.

I can tell you it was not a fun thing to watch. It is far from sexual. People were having fun playing volley ball (men and women) buck naked and totally unaware. I was actually holding a camera for my friend and we both looked stupid being the only two people wearing swim clothes.

Human body is far more appealing when it is properly covered up. Plus we were relatively young but some of the sights of older women and men without clothes is a huge turn off. Photos and images may look titillating but in reality that is not the case.

Also, the people in such beaches are not there as sexual beings or immoral people. They enjoy their freedom without bothering anyone. I have known a few people who are nudists (men and women) over the years and they are just normal people with this need to assert their freedom in clothing optional places.

In America, in most gyms equipped with shower facilities people walk around totally naked.

When my parents came to visit me, I took them to show the place I used to work out. While I was talking to someone my mother and father had wandered off to the locker area. They were scandalized to say the least because I had not warned them. And the young women in the locker area were surprised to see my mother fully clothed in a sari :)

Anyway there are cultural norms that differ from place to place.

Eastern thoughts continue to have great influence in the west - meditation, yoga (30 billion dollar industry in USA alone), Pranayama etc. Many of my friends who study Vedanta and Sanskrit are actually Americans born and raised in USA.

Western dresses and habits have made major inroads into India and all over the world. There is some fusion too - I have seen scantily covered women in a sari.

World is becoming one big melting pot

Dear Prasad Sir,

Some years back, in movies, only the club dancers were scantily dressed and the other female actresses were fully dressed.

Now a days, the heroines are ready to wear any costume and show their 'assets'! India has changed a lot! :)

Only heroines and not all Indian ladies.....!!!

Heroines are professionals.....

Such Heroines were there in earlier period also.. and in fact everywhere.... around the world

Dessecting the topic, by taking a particular section and passing judgement on that basis is nothing but projection of a narrow mind.

People wearig blinders tend to commit such.....acts.

Fight mongers never change!! ;)

World is not made up of Buddhas.......;)

Even countries which practice Buddism principles may have Defence personnel to fight against enemies.

There may be worriors, there may be soldiers, there may be knights.... there may be Parasuramas and the like

People who follow
'
அன்பே சிவம் ' principles at times take up 'Rudhran' avataar...

It may be need of the hour and may be a passion for few.

While entire Tamil Nadu is longing and fighting legally and politically for Jalli Kattu.. we have some here preaching against fighting....LOL

Funny thing is people who behave like a
'சண்டை கோழி ' for every drop of a hat, (trouble monger) terming other as a fight monger....LOL

The Forum is a mixed bag with all sorts....Mind that.

During my years in USA as a student we went to visit some beaches. A friend (American) and I walked for a long time and did not realize we stumbled into a so called 'clothing optional' beach.

I can tell you it was not a fun thing to watch. It is far from sexual. People were having fun playing volley ball (men and women) buck naked and totally unaware. I was actually holding a camera for my friend and we both looked stupid being the only two people wearing swim clothes.

Human body is far more appealing when it is properly covered up. Plus we were relatively young but some of the sights of older women and men without clothes is a huge turn off. Photos and images may look titillating but in reality that is not the case.

Also, the people in such beaches are not there as sexual beings or immoral people. They enjoy their freedom without bothering anyone. I have known a few people who are nudists (men and women) over the years and they are just normal people with this need to assert their freedom in clothing optional places.

In America, in most gyms equipped with shower facilities people walk around totally naked.

When my parents came to visit me, I took them to show the place I used to work out. While I was talking to someone my mother and father had wandered off to the locker area. They were scandalized to say the least because I had not warned them. And the young women in the locker area were surprised to see my mother fully clothed in a sari :)

Anyway there are cultural norms that differ from place to place.

Eastern thoughts continue to have great influence in the west - meditation, yoga (30 billion dollar industry in USA alone), Pranayama etc. Many of my friends who study Vedanta and Sanskrit are actually Americans born and raised in USA.

Western dresses and habits have made major inroads into India and all over the world. There is some fusion too - I have seen scantily covered women in a sari.

World is becoming one big melting pot
hi sir,

i agreed with u....recently i went to gym/swimming local area with my son....my son is member too.....i saw locker area

for shower.....,many younger/older men are naked openly....i just surprised a lot with my son....

Lamenting the loss of Indian Style clothing.

The Caption of the thread is 'Is this Indian'?

If this is not Indian, then what is Indian.....??

What does thread opener expects....??

And what is wrong in Indian lady Icons adopting Europens style?

When everyting changes why not the culture...?

What does one know about Indian ladies and their dressing style, passion, etc?

Who prescribed norms for ladies dressing...?

India is a land of multi culture and traditions...

There are diversification of fasion and clothing...

Every State has its own culture and traditions to follow..

While some wear Banaras Brocade, some wear Kasavu, some Chikankari.. etc etc

Incredible India...!!

hi sir,

i agreed with u....recently i went to gym/swimming local area with my son....my son is member too.....i saw locker area

for shower.....,many younger/older men are naked openly....i just surprised a lot with my son....

Similar thing possible in high end clubs in India too..I happened to visit one such club in Mumbai...Similar scenes!!

Why senior TBs that too men are worried so much as to how womenfolk in india dress?

They are no body to comment on the dress of women.

It reveals a sick patriarchal mindset violating the personal space of women in public space.

These men having tried their best to subjugate women to all atrocities all their lifetime, now try to speak on these subject instead of sealing their mouths fully.

Last edited:
Similar thing possible in high end clubs in India too..I happened to visit one such club in Mumbai...Similar scenes!!

I agree.

Tourists from abroad who visit India may tend to follow their regular habits...

But the Governments concerned don’t encourage this practise.

Certain thing are mostly permitted clandestainly may be to encourage tourism.

P.S:
Just think about the fate of a man or …………. taking bath at courtrallum water falls during peak season in day light in public but in birth day suit…. :)

I was reading the lament of a middle aged lady , a house wife whose young kid was telling her that her dad a busy executive would not approve of her dress she was

wearing to a party with her friends.She says that men condescendingly try to put up with her dress as a favour . She says she feels like a prisoner in a male dominated

society when time restrictions are put on at what time to be in public places. She is judged whether she is easily available on basis of her dress.Many men ogle at her in

public spaces, some brush against her or pass lewd remarks. The worst is public transport at any time of day.When any women is molested , our politicians criticize her

dress she was wearing or say she should not have ventures out at the late hour. Indian male dominated society is sick as some of our male members are .

Nudity may not be new to India only that it was done amongst private groups. The reason I think is that the society is ill equipped to handle certain thought processes.

During our college days, we boys (who were close friends) had no issues with showering together in NSS camps, and in streams / falls during our hikes. It was just casual - being free without being tied to any "emotion".

Why senior TBs that too men are worried so much as to how womenfolk in india dress?

It reveals a sick patriarchal mindset violating the personal space of women in public space.

These men having tried their best to subjugate women to all atrocities all their lifetime, now try to speak on these subject instead of sealing their mouths fully.

Is it addressed to the thread opener..........? who captioned the thread 'Is it Indian'? and has further observed about the changing cultural norms and went on to lament the loss of clothing..?

If that is the case, I really appreciate this posting.

Dear Krish Sir,

As long as the females who are not in the family wear scanty dresses, male appreciate their boldness and probably drool!! :D

I think family members do not mind. I am pretty sure 99% of female heroines have the support of their family. That is because they pull in the big bucks!

As you have said, times have changed.

Dear Krish Sir,

As long as the females who are not in the family wear scanty dresses, male appreciate their boldness and probably drool!! :D

And there may be also probably a section, who come here now and then and preach like a yogi and advice others like a sage may go after women with all DROO….taking advantage o their age.... LOL

There are lot of Godmen who are facing criminal charges for crimes committed against women.

Who knows the real colour of these hypocrites…:D

My OP had nothing to say about nudity or women's clothing style. It was to point out the changing dress habits of Bollywood female artist. There was no judgment involved. I might have lamented the disappearance of Sari from the stage except for Vidya Balan wearing a beautiful sari.

True. It is even more easier if certain member is added to the ignore list. LOL

One is free to do that silently too.

I have been reading the comments of a particular member threatening to add the other in his Ignore list more often.

But this is not happening.in reality....... why?

May be ... the attitude. LOL

My OP had nothing to say about nudity or women's clothing style. It was to point out the changing dress habits of Bollywood female artist. There was no judgment involved. I might have lamented the disappearance of Sari from the stage except for Vidya Balan wearing a beautiful sari.

The Caption of the thread is 'Is this Indian'?

If this is not Indian, then what is Indian.....??

What does thread opener expects....??

And what is wrong in Indian lady Icons adopting Europens style?

When everyting changes why not the culture...?

What does one know about Indian ladies and their dressing style, passion, etc?

Who prescribed norms for ladies dressing...?

India is a land of multi culture and traditions...

There are diversification of fasion and clothing...

Every State has its own culture and traditions to follow..

While some wear Banaras Brocade, some wear Kasavu, some Chikankari.. etc etc

Incredible India...!!

How can you presume that Indian ladies wear only sarees....??

Just watch this .... This picture if I am right was in the movie released sometime in 1964, say about fifty years back....

For your eyes only.

WATCH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4apv6IyVCbI&list=PLquAl0vQcaP6POQAUZKmP7AIFpfUPvw78

P1,my remark was not aimed at you.

It was redirected by you know who?

I think family members do not mind. I am pretty sure 99% of female heroines have the support of their family. That is because they pull in the big bucks! ......
:lol: I mentioned about the females who go out for work or studies and NOT the heroines!

I wonder whether any father / husband will be pleased to see the daughter / wife scantily dressed!

The family member of heroines will be bothered only about the bucks and not about anyone's drooling!

They know : Less dress = More glamour!! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back