• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How many girls got their boys of their choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shri Ravi sir,

It is all very easy to say such nice-sounding words, but in many cases of tamil brahmin houses - of the lower middle class level - a son is brought up, even now, with the earnest hope that they (sons) will look after the parents in their (parents') old age. Because of such (may be misplaced) hope, the poor parents spend all their income in giving the best of education possible to their children and also provide dowry, ornaments, etc., to the daughters and marry them off. In this process, they are left with nothing for taking care of their old age.

These hopes of the poor parents gets shattered when the dil starts setting the rules and eventually packs them off to some shabby old age home. If you have not come across any such tamil brahmin households, it is your good luck. Try to visit any oah and find out the experiences of the inmates. Then you will come to know.

Rich tabras, NRIs who are prepared to spend on their parents (more as the 'cost' of getting rid of these unwanted nuisances from their heavenly life abroad, and not because they sincerely want their parents) are now taking large houses on rent, appointing servants, etc., and keeping their aged parents in low-cost areas in India. AFAIK, Puducherry (not the urban Pondicherry) is one such spot now. Coimbatore is also picking up. The driving force in such "sham" shows of affection to parents is MONEY.

Sri Sarma,

What all I have stated were considering only the life of a man and a women living together as husband and wife. The rest of the points that you have highlighted, regarding disappointments of either of their parents, I agree with you cent percent. I have come accros many such families so far who were been left alone, suffering in old age homes.

After my Dad's experiy myself and my elder brother decided to resign our job here in Duabi and settle with mother in chennai to take care of her well. But due other circumstance, finally my elder brother alone decided to stay back (resigning his very good job in Dubai over the phone/email) and stayed back with mother. And I flown back to Dubai. I am Planning to get settled with my mother by next year begining, so that I can also take care of my mother and be a helping hand to my brother.

I have stated the above case of ours to let you know that, though my self and my brother were NRI's, we value human values more than money.

First of all I must ask apology to Sri Ramachandran, to have digress from the thread topic

Since,in your post no.16, you adviced me sincerely to consider -"Manaiviye KanKanta Deivam", I was just justifying your advice positively, in the context that husband and wife are both equally valuable and respectable to each other (other than their own plus and minus as their individuality)

Last edited:
Sri Sarma,

What all I have stated were considering only the life of a man and a women living together as husband and wife. The rest of the points that you have highlighted, regarding disappointments of either of their parents, I agree with you cent percent. I have come accros many such families so far who were been left alone, suffering in old age homes.

After my Dad's experiy myself and my elder brother decided to resign our job here in Duabi and settle with mother in chennai to take care of her well. But due other circumstance, finally my elder brother alone decided to stay back (resigning his very good job in Dubai over the phone/email) and stayed back with mother. And I flown back to Dubai. I am Planning to get settled with my mother by next year begining, so that I can also take care of my mother and be a helping hand to my brother.

I have stated the above case of ours to let you know that, though my self and my brother were NRI's, we value human values more than money.

First of all I must ask apology to Sri Ramachandran, to have digress from the thread topic

Since,in your post no.16, you adviced me sincerely to consider -"Manaiviye KanKanta Deivam", I was just justifying your advice positively, in the context that husband and wife are both equally valuable and respectable to each other (other than their own plus and minus as their individuality)

Dear C Ravi,

You seem like a very loving types..God bless you always and may you get the ideal partner as per your desire.

brahin,

i second your wishes for ravi. he is indeed sweet.

incidentally he is a bachelor who would like to marry. he has given enough info about himself including his feelings and wishes to take care of the mother.

not sure of his caste preference or further specifications.

but i get a feeling, that ravi would only be too happy to get hitched. so if you know of any good girls..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back