• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Gas cylinder procurement vs aadhar card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest those who have the NPR slip to get your Aadhar Procedure done ir-respective of the Courts Order . Just now I spoke to one Retired Central Govt employee and he said most of Central Govt Employees have already been enrolled in the scheme and ir-respective of the Courts Order it is better to do the procedure if you stay in India and if you have the NPR Slip .

What a shame? I got my aadhar card yesterday, it is linked to my bank account and everything in order; now this judgement.

I still feel the govt. will link subsidy payment to the card and bank account. There is no denial of subsidy without aadhar, but to get the subsidy on gas cylinders through reimbursement route will be messy and similar to claiming income tax refunds.

Only the first cylinder after april 13, carried 1/9 (first of nine); but subsequent deliveries have dropped this delivery status. Even after 4 cylinders it is still 1.

Nilkeni has got his reward; he will get a congress ticket in bangalore.

What a shame? I got my aadhar card yesterday, it is linked to my bank account and everything in order; now this judgement.

I still feel the govt. will link subsidy payment to the card and bank account. There is no denial of subsidy without aadhar, but to get the subsidy on gas cylinders through reimbursement route will be messy and similar to claiming income tax refunds.

Only the first cylinder after april 13, carried 1/9 (first of nine); but subsequent deliveries have dropped this delivery status. Even after 4 cylinders it is still 1.

Nilkeni has got his reward; he will get a congress ticket in bangalore.

Revealing Bank account details may prove a risky one later on as the account may be targeted to swindle money from that account.

Revealing Bank account details may prove a risky one later on as the account may be targeted to swindle money from that account.

Even when you file IT Return , you mention the bank account for direct debit of refunds and I do it and have also got refunds .
Best way to check in misuse of your accounts/ATM Card /Credit Card is to have a facility with your bank that updates you to your cell phone by sms any transaction of Rs.1000/- and above Credit /Debit .

Not so simple.

Last week one professor wihdrew money from an ATM and checked the balance too; he go a shock when a large sum has bees siphoned off. He complained to the bank immediately and found that there were seven transactions for which he did not receive sms alert.

The investigation has revealed this. Copies of applications people make for mobile connection are available for a price. The criminals use this personal information (address, etc.) to block the sim card. This is one explanation; there may be others.

Even when you file IT Return , you mention the bank account for direct debit of refunds and I do it and have also got refunds .
Best way to check in misuse of your accounts/ATM Card /Credit Card is to have a facility with your bank that updates you to your cell phone by sms any transaction of Rs.1000/- and above Credit /Debit .

Not so simple.

Last week one professor wihdrew money from an ATM and checked the balance too; he go a shock when a large sum has bees siphoned off. He complained to the bank immediately and found that there were seven transactions for which he did not receive sms alert.

The investigation has revealed this. Copies of applications people make for mobile connection are available for a price. The criminals use this personal information (address, etc.) to block the sim card. This is one explanation; there may be others.
Dear Krishnaji,
It is suggested that you also provide your personal email address also to the Bank so that alert comes to both...If one fails the one one should keep you in good stead

Not so simple.

I do agree that there is no 100% absolute fool proof system but one of my family members who work in a bank said that most of fraudulent bank transactions that take place in banks ( right from old days before IT up to now ) mostly involve those accounts that :
1) Have large balances and never operated much
2) Have large balances and the owner is abroad for a long time without operating
3) People Careless wit their Cheque leaves in public places , talking loudly over the Cell Phone in Public places revealing their Credit Card details ( a few months back in one restaurant I found a lady loudly dictating her credit card details including the 3 digit security no over the cell to some family member on the other site for some online transaction may be buying flight tickets etc ) .Anyone could have noted that and done an online transaction immediately with those details then and there itself .

So from our side we must

1) Keep the accounts always operation and keep checking the statements regularly ( it is easy now as most banks have online facility )
2) If we are going abroad for extended time ,find a way to keep the transactions going on .One way is have 2 accounts in different banks with Online facility and just do a token online transfer from one bank to another to keep both accounts active even at a distance .
3) Avoid telling your Credit Card details etc loudly over phone in public places and do not store your PIN no in your wallet . Have a good 4 digit PIN No that you will always remember . Usually people use their Year or Birth as the common 4 Digit PIN No , this can be easily hacked . You can use the combination of your year of birth of yourself and your wife as a good 4 Digit PIN No .
Eg suppose your Year of Birth is 1960 and your wife is 1962 , instead of having a PIN as 1960 or 1962 ( as most people do ) , have it as 6062 or 6260 as you prefer and remember it always and some people make a mistake of noting down the PIN in a small paper and storing it in their wallet .

So these are some tips .

Last edited:
I do agree that there is no 100% absolute fool proof system but one of my family members who work in a bank said that most of fraudulent bank transactions that take place in banks ( right from old days before IT up to now ) mostly involve those accounts that :
1) Have large balances and never operated much
2) Have large balances and the owner is abroad for a long time without operating
3) People Careless wit their Cheque leaves in public places , talking loudly over the Cell Phone in Public places revealing their Credit Card details ( a few months back in one restaurant I found a lady loudly dictating her credit card details including the 3 digit security no over the cell to some family member on the other site for some online transaction may be buying flight tickets etc ) .Anyone could have noted that and done an online transaction immediately with those details then and there itself .

So from our side we must

1) Keep the accounts always operation and keep checking the statements regularly ( it is easy now as most banks have online facility )
2) If we are going abroad for extended time ,find a way to keep the transactions going on .One way is have 2 accounts in different banks with Online facility and just do a token online transfer from one bank to another to keep both accounts active even at a distance .
3) Avoid telling your Credit Card details etc loudly over phone in public places and do not store your PIN no in your wallet . Have a good 4 digit PIN No that you will always remember . Usually people use their Year or Birth as the common 4 Digit PIN No , this can be easily hacked . You can use the combination of your year of birth of yourself and your wife as a good 4 Digit PIN No .
Eg suppose your Year of Birth is 1960 and your wife is 1962 , instead of having a PIN as 1960 or 1962 ( as most people do ) , have it as 6062 or 6260 as you prefer and remember it always and some people make a mistake of noting down the PIN in a small paper and storing it in their wallet .

So these are some tips .

Besides this VBV (Verified by Visa) should be made mandatory...Many priivate banks in India are now asking for OTP (One time Password) that will be generated by Bank for IVR transactions that will be sent to Registered Mobile No..This will further authenticate genuine transactions..This is mainly because of the stringent requirement by RBI..I think RBI is doing a yeoman service for protecting consumer interests that is laudatory!

Aadhar is becoming a joke. SC has ruled on its status. DBTL deadline has been extended to 1.1.2014 from 1.10.2013. It has been a store house for mountains of jokes from day one. Nilekkeni must be a deranged person (forget his positions/false standings) and he has no iota of commonsense as to how things work. The people who picked him up for the job are not wiser either. Thus there are numerous people who have no chance of recovering from insanity for another 5 millenniums. These all together should hang themselves up. However, the most unpopular minister(PC) has a streak of wit in the matter and his stand is right in the matter. But right and truth has no place in this country where sycophancy is synonymous with democracy. It all amounts to say that AADHAR is not reliable - it itself has no aadhar.

dear asirvadam !
you have listed your genuine doubts. but only one gas connections is given to rationcard even though many adults find place in the ration .if you want another gas connection,you have get another ration card in the name of member(which require deletion in the existing card and new application etc-which is an herculean task )you can get gas connection without susidy by producing he residential proof.the supreme court has issued interim stay for insisting adhar. Tamilnadu chief minister also expressed the concern about linking benefit to adhar card.
i got adhar card printout through online in computer centre who are telling this card valid even though the holloegram is not avilable as in original.in villages they got the adhar card by speed post where as we are spending Rs.30-40
guruvayurappan

Those of us who are US Green Card Holders who visit Indian once in 18- 24 months are the most confused about this Aadhar Card.

Last time when we were in India , we were told that issue of Aadhar card is temporarily suspended; we might again be going to India sometime in 2014 only. We need also Gas as cylinders for cooking.

We are completely clueless as to how we can get this Aaadhar Card when we are in US?

Mr PJ, surely the NRIs can afford to pay for non-subsidised gas cylinders especially for once in a while visits?

In the words of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi I would say "Aadhaar is another nonsense which should be thrown off immediately". If it is not mandatory for any welfare activity, why we are compelled to take this Card. Spending huge amounts of money on something which is of no use is a crime against the Tax Payer. Even for direct transfer of welfare doles, Banking is not covered to all villages in our Country. If the Government is serious in getting the Citizens identity established, they could have engaged the Postal Department to issue identity Cards to all citizens, along with Bank accounts with Post Office Savings Banks.

Instead of allowing middle people to swallow public money, they could have evened out the difference by adding in the monthly cost. This subsidy crediting business will involve more clerical/computing work increasing loss of manhour, extra work on the bank and consequently debiting "charges" to our account. During the Mogul Rule, there was one Tuqlak; now we have an army of Tuqlaks.

Instead of allowing middle people to swallow public money, they could have evened out the difference by adding in the monthly cost. This subsidy crediting business will involve more clerical/computing work increasing loss of manhour, extra work on the bank and consequently debiting "charges" to our account. During the Mogul Rule, there was one Tuqlak; now we have an army of Tuqlaks.

hi
many Tuqlaks...exactly.....

Some clever delhi babus (some will cringe if I say tambrams) suggested a uniform increase of rs 100+ to offset the subsidy and charge a uniform rate. this was turned down by the ministries concerned.

As reported in the hindu, three petrol stations will start selling 5 kg cylinders from tomorrow, in chennai.

There is already reduction in the demand of Gas for domestic consumption. Many families have turned to electric
cooking appliances like Induction stoves, Electric cookers, Microwave oven etc., which in turn has reduced the consumption of Gas. My Cousin who has shifted from Chennai to Bangalore last month could get the new Gas connection (Indane) with two cylinders within the day of applying for the same. Further increase in the price of Gas will force the consumers to migrate to electricity, which may work out less expensive. In Bangalore cost of electricity works at average of Rs.5.50 /unit for AEH connections. Thanks to the efforts of previous BJP Government there is no cut in the supply of electricity for the past four years.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

True. After introducing KYC and cancelling the 2nd connection, unauthorised consumption has gone down and customer base has shrunk. When I registered I found that their records bear no relation to my consumption, and some had used up 40 cylinders in about 8 months. I surrendered my 2nd connection online, but the dealer has not taken back the cylinder.

There is already reduction in the demand of Gas for domestic consumption. Many families have turned to electric
cooking appliances like Induction stoves, Electric cookers, Microwave oven etc., which in turn has reduced the consumption of Gas. My Cousin who has shifted from Chennai to Bangalore last month could get the new Gas connection (Indane) with two cylinders within the day of applying for the same. Further increase in the price of Gas will force the consumers to migrate to electricity, which may work out less expensive. In Bangalore cost of electricity works at average of Rs.5.50 /unit for AEH connections. Thanks to the efforts of previous BJP Government there is no cut in the supply of electricity for the past four years.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.
hi
electrical appliances are very costly.....ELECTRICITY IS RAREST COMMODITY I INDIA....ONLY GUJARAT HAS POWER SUPPLY

FOR 24 HOURS THROUGHT THE STATE WITHOUT BREAK AND SURPLUS.....last month when i visited delhi....i have an apartment

in delhi...its more than 3500 apartments complex....we have pipeline gas throughout apartment..so no cylinder required...

its like electricity and billing monthly....

tbs Sir Thanks

However, once we go to Chennai next year, whether Aadhar Card is compulsory for Gas Cylinder Procurement or not, we will register for that, and hopefully we will get in within 2-4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back