• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fraud Sanyasis and Ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Renu,

This is an excellent code to live by with respect to common people. At the same time, we must also remember Caesar ('s wife) must be above suspicion.

Whatever this swami did or did not do -- that must be dealt with according to law, and, he deserves the presumption of innocence just as much as the next person -- one who occupies a position of public trust has a higher obligation to be subject to scrutiny than ordinary folks. Now that prima facie evidence of breech of a moral code he has been preaching is presented in the court of public opinion, this swami owes his followers nothing less than swift resolution of the issue one way or another. Our sympathies must lie with the common folks who put their trust in this swami, and apparently, still do.

Cheers!

Dear Nara anna,

Nowdays many cast stones not because they are without sin but because they want to kill two birds with one stone....

I guess Jesus spoke before "the kill two birds with one stone" proverb.

renu

The fact that such swamis, gurus, god men etc., thrive in our society is a clear indication that Hinduism has (probably) irrevocably degenerated. I will just give a real life incident which will, I believe, explain almost every aspect of the "swamiji-business".

A gentleman who worked abroad for a number of years decided to pack up, come to India and settle down peacefully since he had earned enough and more. His relative in India advised him that the best course for him would be to come back to India as a Guru and requested him to grow a beard and not do hair-cut for a few months. This relative cited the following attractive aspects of this scheme:

1. With some small initial investment in advertisement, canvassing and other preliminary expenses, many well-to-do people will approach the Swamiji with an intention to park part of their undisclosed income with the Ashram. Since many of the Ashrams/Mutts now operate actively in the share-market, they will be able to earn handsomely and pay part of the earnings to the donors.

2. People will come in large numbers once a scheme for spiritual upliftment or stress-relief and better living is formulated and marketed at competitive prices so as to beat other competitors' products in the market. This will bring in more money.

3. Without touching the own, hard earned funds, this man will be able to acquire property abroad and establish a branch there because of his intimate knowledge of that country and its systems. Once that is done we can market all goods like CDs, DVDs, books, and other junkets there at inflated prices, thus making a tidy foreign currency fortune.

4. Since the man was already familiar with Hinduism like any other old Brahmin, and is fluent in English as well as Tamil, it will only take a few weeks to learn some things about Yoga, the Sankhya system, The Geetha etc., so as to pose as a yogi steeped in spiritual knowledge; whenever needed it will be possible to find speech-writers and advisers for a small payment.

We are unlucky (!) that the said gentleman refused the tempting offer, came back to India and lives an ordinary householder's life.

Where do I sign up? I already have one qualification - silver hair!!
(I am being silly!)

The fact that such swamis, gurus, god men etc., thrive in our society is a clear indication that Hinduism has (probably) irrevocably degenerated. I will just give a real life incident which will, I believe, explain almost every aspect of the "swamiji-business".

A gentleman who worked abroad for a number of years decided to pack up, come to India and settle down peacefully since he had earned enough and more. His relative in India advised him that the best course for him would be to come back to India as a Guru and requested him to grow a beard and not do hair-cut for a few months. This relative cited the following attractive aspects of this scheme:

1. With some small initial investment in advertisement, canvassing and other preliminary expenses, many well-to-do people will approach the Swamiji with an intention to park part of their undisclosed income with the Ashram. Since many of the Ashrams/Mutts now operate actively in the share-market, they will be able to earn handsomely and pay part of the earnings to the donors.

2. People will come in large numbers once a scheme for spiritual upliftment or stress-relief and better living is formulated and marketed at competitive prices so as to beat other competitors' products in the market. This will bring in more money.

3. Without touching the own, hard earned funds, this man will be able to acquire property abroad and establish a branch there because of his intimate knowledge of that country and its systems. Once that is done we can market all goods like CDs, DVDs, books, and other junkets there at inflated prices, thus making a tidy foreign currency fortune.

4. Since the man was already familiar with Hinduism like any other old Brahmin, and is fluent in English as well as Tamil, it will only take a few weeks to learn some things about Yoga, the Sankhya system, The Geetha etc., so as to pose as a yogi steeped in spiritual knowledge; whenever needed it will be possible to find speech-writers and advisers for a small payment.

We are unlucky (!) that the said gentleman refused the tempting offer, came back to India and lives an ordinary householder's life.

Where do I sign up? I already have one qualification - silver hair!!
(I am being silly!)

silver,

why should you consider yourself silly?

you should seriously consider being a godman (gm). there are enough charlatans, so that one honest godman would be a breath of fresh air.

you could do the same thing that you do to the forum - set an example for other gms. establish your organization with a vision for spreading good.

do not be overtly ambitious, but impose your discipline and honesty with a vigour, so that weeds are rooted out before they spurt their roots.

manage by committee and consensus. give 50% representation to women. and proportionate representation to each age group starting from the teens and stopping at 79.

keep your current morality. chicken and drinks are ok. maybe ganja too. for without hypocracy, you can do one hell of good. franchise your model, so that local units can perform as well as they possibly can, without dragging your franchise good name down.

for the purpose of good, some bad may be accommodated. after all it is the end that counts. it is only when we attempt the extremes that we break. a little malleability of our methods to acheive great ends is the way of the 21st century.

your organization should have distinct colours. i suggest light blue because it is unthreatening, and so far, not associated with any violence or dogma.

good luck in your endeavour.

ps. only one thing that is a must. a மொட்டை. perhaps to be unique you could also add a மீசை as distinct garb for your menfolks. women could just stick with மொட்டை.

kunjuppu
keep your current morality. chicken and drinks are ok. maybe ganja too. for without hypocracy, you can do one hell of good. franchise your model, so that local units can perform as well as they possibly can, without dragging your franchise good name down.
sounds interesting idea,i am toying with this idea.mottai with kottais will be my slogan,sottais also accepted with kottais.incidently kottais are rudraksha beads available in plenty as tears of shiva when he cried in joy.only men strictly no women.i dont want abortion clinics next my errr ash - ram .maybe shud change my avatar picture too.i like vadivelu a lot,maybe make up and hairdo like him.

Kunjuppu and Nachi Naga:

LOL!! Good ones! We need the comic relief what with all these serious stuff going on!!

Sri Silverfox Ji,

I shall take up marketing if you become a God man.

You please consider the proposal seriously.

All the best

Sri Silverfox Ji,

I shall take up marketing if you become a God man.

You please consider the proposal seriously.

All the best

paavam sf,after living for decades in usa,now living happily in chennai,india,why would he do such a dumb thing?sf we love you the way you are.om tat sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back