• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

[Question] Father-in-law’s first year sraddham

svk

My father-in-laws’s first year sraddham is coming up. Vadhyar has confirmed the dates for sodhakumbham, sraddham and Navagraha homam to be performed at our house. My husband and his elder brother will be performing the rituals at our home. However, there is a possibility of my periods during that time.

1. If I do get periods, can the brothers perform the rituals at home as scheduled? (Elder brother’s wife will be present at our home as well.)
2. Can I stay home separately in a room? What should I do to enable the rituals to go on?

🙏

1) Definitely, it need not be postponed especially since the elder brother will usually be the kartha. Your husband can perform without homam.
2) If you are not seen during the ritual time and can have the arrangements made for being comfortable, being in a separate room should be 100% okay.

Please take care, sis. Don't worry. You should feel very comfortable and your entire family should not be worried or feeling stressful. Everything will go well for your kind heart. Do pray, and God and and pitrus will bless to make it all happen without any trouble.

Hi - on a disconnected question
1. I have my skepticism about doing my father-in-law‘s first year and Singapore because it is told the doing in India would be best and would give peace to soul of the departed, so I just wish to confirm if my anxieties are in fact with some basis or if I’m overthinking?
2. Can I get the vathiyar‘s contacts since we were told that nobody is able to pick it up and Singapore, but if somebody’s able to help us with it, and if you can also share how much the cost is, that would be highly helpful if you do not mind

My father-in-laws’s first year sraddham is coming up. Vadhyar has confirmed the dates for sodhakumbham, sraddham and Navagraha homam to be performed at our house. My husband and his elder brother will be performing the rituals at our home. However, there is a possibility of my periods during that time.

1. If I do get periods, can the brothers perform the rituals at home as scheduled? (Elder brother’s wife will be present at our home as well.)
2. Can I stay home separately in a room? What should I do to enable the rituals to go on?

Nowadays you have a medication for that to post pond the date for your monthly period

Hi - on a disconnected question
1. I have my skepticism about doing my father-in-law‘s first year and Singapore because it is told the doing in India would be best and would give peace to soul of the departed, so I just wish to confirm if my anxieties are in fact with some basis or if I’m overthinking?
2. Can I get the vathiyar‘s contacts since we were told that nobody is able to pick it up and Singapore, but if somebody’s able to help us with it, and if you can also share how much the cost is, that would be highly helpful if you do not mind
Hi ideally doing it in India is preferred. Singapore it is possible to do with SDBBS Vadhyar (if you are a member of Singapore Dhakshina Bharath Brahmana Sabha) but only three Vaidheega's are there for the Sabha. Non memebers rates are different and it difficult to say. But if the vadhyar is free he can come.

Latest ads

Back