• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dravida agenda and the Brahmana women

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the above post very flippant and callous. I can only surmise that it arises out of sheer ignorance and possible motives of subterfuge. Throughout the 70's and 80's, Brahmana women dressed traditionally were targeted specifically by the **KKK thugs and harassed in public, with lewd comments. There were many occurrences in Kumbakkonam, Thanjavur and Erode. One of the reasons it has decreased now is that many Brahmanas have migrated to cities, and also many Brahmana women have refrained from wearing those dresses conspicuously nowadays. Which is sad since the same ***KKK thugs will refrain from targeting a Muslim woman wearing a burqa, or a Christian woman wearing a gown. The right to religion of Brahmana women, and freedom from threats and harassment based on religion enshrined in the constitution is not respected in TN by these Dravida ***KKK politicians. But then, these thugs are so used to modifying the constitution every few months based on hatred and flimsy reasons, that this does not come as a surprise.

So to say that there is no Dravida agenda is completely wrong and you know it, so you may want to rethink your (alleged) placement of parentheses. There is nothing alleged about this, it is a documented fact. Also, the "incidental" example mentioned by "born_again_iyer_maami" you dismiss so callously might assume monstrous proportions were it to happen to a relative of yours.

Almost no Brahmana guys I knew of would go and molest women or harass them on the streets. In fact, there was a recent article in ChennaiOnline which mentioned that recently the TN govt provided a Pongal feast to all inmates of TN jails. A vegetarian option was provided, but found no takers, I repeat NONE. This clearly indicates that all those criminals in jail for rape, murder, theft etc either do not have any Brahmanas among them, or even if they do, they are not Brahmanas any more, having given up Brahmana traits of non-violence and vegetarianism among other things.

I can dig up this article if interested.

sir - bravo! you are probably the only member in the forum, apart from yours truly, who subscribes to the view that vegeteranism is a bramin trait!!!

Very true.

So with that fact, whenever I look at a non-Brahmin man I will have to see him first as someone who is cheating the society esp. if his status is higher in the society and he has abused the reservation policy.

This is just the beginning of cheating. Once they get a job or a college admission, and settle well in life, they talk like Brahmins.
Especially when these guys come abroad, namma aathu thamizh spashtama vaayla pugunthu velayaadum. All of a sudden they will realise the virtues of vegetarianism, spirituality, all of a sudden their fathers are the traditional keepers of the society.
Do you know why all this acting?...to make prospective inlaws believe that, they are brahmins ( or as good as, or better than brahmins).
So when needed, these chameleons, and parasitic individuals do not hesitate to use quota benifits and at the same time claim themselves to be better than Brahmins.

I did not say anywhere Brahmins are the best... what all I say is, "Why this hypocrisy?" "Why this selfishness?"

Intercaste marriage is one of the major problems facing brahmins today.

Thread Closed

Dear Friends

The subject, tone and tenor of this thread and the postings in this thread do not seem to be healthy. I am closing this thread.

Thanks
Ramki

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back