• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Did you know that...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear VR maam,
My sister had just returned from US and narrated an incident.while,checking out of a hotel with lot of bags which was left at the door step of the hotel by the bellboys. There were nearly five suitcases and she and her daughter were trying to pick up them to load to the taxi when one person offerred to load the boxes to the taxi but wanted 2 USD for buying burger or something to eat at the road end joint. he loaded all the boxes single handedly and when my sister offerred him 5 USD due to paucity of smaller denominations he refused saying he wanted only 2 to buy for his hunger and nothing more!!

When eventually they gave him his 2 USd, he happily headed straiggh to the eatery joint!! very principled begger? Dont know..may be with 5 USD he could have had a better meal? Dont know why he did not take the bigger amount.

Cheers.

We do not feel odd when two girls hug or kiss
but when two men do this it is revolting.
WHY??
This is only a study as to why this difference in our interpretation.
I am NOT promoting or criticizing it yet since it is NEWS to me!!! :shocked:

Dear VR ji,

This is still not as bad my son recently told me that in his school bathroom he witnessed 2 boys engaging in oral sex and those boys are his classmates aged only 12!

Those boys had called fellow classmates to the bathroom saying they have some latest toy and wanted to show them all.

So some 2-3 boys went along with those 2.

My son said those boys wanted others to see oral sex as a demonstration so that everyone can join in!

My son said he ran away fast.

My son was telling me "Amma there are gays in my school"

Last edited:
Dear VR maam,
My sister had just returned from US and narrated an incident.while,checking out of a hotel with lot of bags which was left at the door step of the hotel by the bellboys. There were nearly five suitcases and she and her daughter were trying to pick up them to load to the taxi when one person offerred to load the boxes to the taxi but wanted 2 USD for buying burger or something to eat at the road end joint. he loaded all the boxes single handedly and when my sister offerred him 5 USD due to paucity of smaller denominations he refused saying he wanted only 2 to buy for his hunger and nothing more!!

When eventually they gave him his 2 USd, he happily headed straiggh to the eatery joint!! very principled begger? Dont know..may be with 5 USD he could have had a better meal? Dont know why he did not take the bigger amount.

Cheers.

Dear sir,

The man had principles..He wanted only US 2 for the work of loading he did.

Anything more would have meant that he is begging.

Dear VR maam,

Cheers.

May be he did not know that 5 > 2!!! :rolleyes:
In the movie Baby's day out, one of the three villains would ask this doubt!
"1,2,3...what comes after 3???" :faint:

Dear VR ji,

This is still not as bad my son recently told me that in his school bathroom he witnessed 2 boys engaging in oral sex and those boys are his classmates aged only 12!

Those boys had called fellow classmates to the bathroom saying they have some latest toy and wanted to show them all.

So some 2-3 boys went along with those 2.

My son said those boys wanted others to see oral sex as a demonstration so that everyone can join in!

My son said he ran away fast.

My son was telling me "Amma there are gays in my school"

Guruji can relax now. Children these days know much more than we will ever learn! :dizzy:
There is no need to fear that we will spoil them. They are already spoiled!!!

post 1767 #
it is as ugly and nasty like homosexual, lesbian act and gay sex .the discussion will result in many awkward posts.it will corrupt the mind of young as well as old
guruvayurappan

I totally agree with you. Any input in this direction, will lower down the morale as also the forum's
strength and the magnanimity and value of the forum will be completely destroyed.

Balasubramanian

dear prasad !
sri naina_marbus only expressed his worry about hindus not following our culture .it is natural to compare the spirit of others in the same environment .he has not hurt the feeling of the other religion .he has not ordered any strict instruction and only conveyed his athangam
guruvayurappan

dear VR !
what can i say other than saying kadavule !kadavule!!.my pity for younger generation after reading smt renuka's son school incidence
we can keep our house in order and can not do anything with the society .we restrict our kid's and avoid their association with them .
guruvayurappan

I totally agree with you. Any input in this direction, will lower down the morale as also the forum's
strength and the magnanimity and value of the forum will be completely destroyed.

Balasubramanian

LOOK WHO IS TALKING!!!

Is it the same magnanimous and strongman who elaborated
on women's breasts in Mr. Siva's thread on the various bras???

Is it the same high minded gentleman who posted the picture of
a naked woman carved on a tree trunk by the street urchins.???

Is it the same moral minded man who posted scores of weird images
and tried to ruin all my threads by his horrid trolling???

I agree that human memory is short lived
but surely it is not THIS short!!! :moony:

My question was a simple, direct and a decent one!
I just wondered whether the hugging and kissing between
girls and women were mere physical expressions of affection
or were they due to the bisexuality of the females?

#8. Ammolite

Ammolite is a rare and valuable organic gemstone similar to Opal. It is found in the eastern slopes of Rocky Mountains of North America. It is made of the fossilized shells of Ammonites. This in turn is made up of aragonite – the mineral that makes up the nacreous pearls. It is one of the biogenic gemstones. In 1981, the World Jewellery Confederation gave ammolite the official status of a gemstone. In the same year commercial mining of ammolite began.

Ammolite is also known as aapoak or “small, crawling stone”, gem ammonite, calcentine, and korite. The last name is a trade name given to the gemstone by the Alberta-based mining company – the first and largest commercial producer of ammolite called Korite International.

The quality of gem ammolite is conveyed using a letter grade system, from most desirable to least desirable: AA; A+; A; and A-. However, this system is not yet standardized and some vendors may use their own systems. The grade and therefore the value of an ammolite gemstone is determined by the following criteria:

The number of primary colors: A large array of color is displayed in ammolite, including all the spectral colors found in nature. Red and green are far more common than blue or purple. Primary colors may combine to give out certain hues, like crimson, violet or gold. The most valuable grades have roughly equal portions of three or more bright colors or 1–2 bright and even colors. The lowest grades have one predominant dull color.

Chromatic shift:
The variation of colors with the angle of viewing and the angle at which light falls on the gemstone is known as chromatic shift. In higher grades this variation is almost similar to the spectrum formed by the prism. In the lower grades show very little variation.

Rotational range:
Rotational range is how far the specimen can be turned while maintaining its play of color. The best grade can be rotated by 360 degrees. The lesser stones may exhibit colors that are only visible within a narrow rotational range say 90° or even less. Intermediate grades have ranges of 240–180°.
Brightness of colors (iridescence)

The brightness of colors is essentially dependent on how well-preserved the nacreous shell is, and how fine and orderly the layers of aragonite are. The quality of the polish is also a factor. The most prized ammolite is the sheet type which has broad, uninterrupted swathes of color similar to the “broad flash” category of opal. The matrix is not visible in finer grades, and there should be no foreign minerals breaking up or diminishing the iridescence.

The thickness of the ammolite layer is also an important factor: after polishing, the ammolite is only 0.1–0.3 millimeters thick. The rarest and most valuable are thick enough to stand alone, but the vast majority require some sort of supportive backing.

When all the other factors are equal, the less treatment an ammolite gem has received, the more valuable it is. Due to its fragility ammoloite is best suited for making brooches, pendents and earrings. Whole polished ammonites of appropriately small size may also be mounted in jewelry. Nothing harsher than mild soap and warm water should be used to clean ammolite jewelry.

My question was a simple, direct and a decent one!
I just wondered whether the hugging and kissing between
girls and women were mere physical expressions of affection
or were they due to the bisexuality of the females?
ஒரு விஷயத்தை அவரவர் மனப்பாடு எண்ணப்பாடு எப்படியோ அதற்க்குத் தகுந்தவாறு பார்க்கும் வகையில், அதற்கேற்ப விஷயங்கள் அமைகின்றன, வேறுபடுகின்றன.
மரத்தை மறைத்தது மாமத யானை
மரத்தின் மறைந்தது மாமத யானை
பரத்தை மறைத்தது பார்முதல் பூதம்
பரத்தின் மறைந்தது பார்முதல் பூதமே

What you think is what you see.

If you think they are showing their affection, then that is what it is.
If you are amoral and hedonistic, then the explanation is different.

Last edited:
ஒரு விஷயத்தை அவரவர் மனப்பாடு எண்ணப்பாடு எப்படியோ அதற்க்குத் தகுந்தவாறு பார்க்கும் வகையில், அதற்கேற்ப விஷயங்கள் அமைகின்றன, வேறுபடுகின்றன.

Angle of perception decides everything as rightly pointed out by you dear sir! :)

post 1791 #
dear VR !
அரண்டவன் கண்ணுக்கு இருண்டது எல்லாம் கண்டால் பயம்
கயிறு என்று தாண்டவும் முடியவில்லை பாம்பு என்று அடிக்கவும் முடியவில்லை என்று இருப்பவர்களுக்கு நைனா_மார்கஸ் மற்றும் உங்கள் வார்த்தை ஆறுதல்
guruvayurappan

post 1791 #
dear VR !
அரண்டவன் கண்ணுக்கு இருண்டது எல்லாம் கண்டால் பயம்
கயிறு என்று தாண்டவும் முடியவில்லை பாம்பு என்று அடிக்கவும் முடியவில்லை என்று இருப்பவர்களுக்கு நைனா_மார்கஸ் மற்றும் உங்கள் வார்த்தை ஆறுதல்
guruvayurappan

கயிற்றை அடித்துக் கொன்று விட்டு (?) :deadhorse:

பாம்பைக் கடிக்க விடாமல் இருந்தால் சரி தான். :rolleyes:

I was worried since I use :hug: very often

with the ladies of the forum whom I like.

I did not want to be mistaken by them or anyone else. :nod:

Even the converse is true!!!
What we see is what we think!!!

Even the converse is true!!!
What we see is what we think!!!

Here is a story from Bhagavatam worth recalling.

Sukhabrahma Rishi, son of Veda Vyasa, was known for deep conditioning of the mind. He was always digambara ( sky as dress) from young age. Even the great sages honoured him by rising from their seats whenever he passed by.

Once Sukha maharishi was walking near a lake where women and children were bathing naked, but they didn't even bother about his presence. However, when sage Vyasa who was following his son at a distance also passed by the same lake, the women felt embarrassed and quickly covered themselves with their dress. When Vyasa queried the women as to why they did not do so when his digambara son was passing by, the women replied that they did not feel Sukha’s presence, while they could intuitively sense that Vyasa was seeing and thinking that they were naked !!

Salutations to Sukha Brahma rishi !

Suka brahmam was a gnaani by birth. :angel:
Trees, stones and women were all one and the same in his eyes
since he saw only Brahman in everything around him. :hail:

#9. Andalusite

andalusite.jpg

Andalusite has the chemical formula Al2SiO5. It is an aluminium neosilicate mineral. The variety chiastolite contains dark inclusions of carbon or clay which form a checker-board pattern when shown in cross-section. A clear variety first found in Andalusia Spain can be cut into gemstones.

Faceted andalusite stones give a play of red, green, and yellow colors that resembles a muted form of iridescence. Iridescence is the property of certain surfaces that appear to change color as the angle of view or the angle of illumination changes. Soap bubbles, butterfly wings and sea shells are some common examples for iridescence.

But the colors are actually the result of unusually strong pleochroism. Pleochroism is an optical phenomenon in which a substance appears to be different colors when observed at different angles, especially with polarized light.

Last edited:
Recently, a non-brahmin girl who fell in love with a brahmin boy was eager to get
married with him, but the boy's parents are totally against this marriage because
the girl does not belong brahmin community. The girl immediately raised a question
as to whether any one can guide her about the procedure for conversion into
brahmin community. She also mentioned that she has left eating non-veg items
since the day she met him, i.e. for the past 5 years or so. She has emphasized
that she is visiting temples, studying slokas, stotras, etc through a guru and wants
to follow the culture of a brahmin community. She has assured his parents that
she will strictly follow all the culture, rituals after getting married. Yet, the boy's
family did not agree to her request, because she is non-brahmin. She does not
want to get married in a temple or without the knowledge of the parents, though
the boy is willing and unable to express openly. One of the close relatives of the
boy suggested that the girl can be adopted by some one within the family belonging
to other Gothram and kanya dhanam can be arranged without any difficulty.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Recently, a non-brahmin girl who fell in love with a brahmin boy was eager to get
married with him, but the boy's parents are totally against this marriage because
the girl does not belong brahmin community. The girl immediately raised a question
as to whether any one can guide her about the procedure for conversion into
brahmin community. She also mentioned that she has left eating non-veg items
since the day she met him, i.e. for the past 5 years or so. She has emphasized
that she is visiting temples, studying slokas, stotras, etc through a guru and wants
to follow the culture of a brahmin community. She has assured his parents that
she will strictly follow all the culture, rituals after getting married. Yet, the boy's
family did not agree to her request, because she is non-brahmin. She does not
want to get married in a temple or without the knowledge of the parents, though
the boy is willing and unable to express openly. One of the close relatives of the
boy suggested that the girl can be adopted by some one within the family belonging
to other Gothram and kanya dhanam can be arranged without any difficulty.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

It is not clear whether you are merely trying to inform, or are expecting a discussion. If it is the latter, you need to post this as a new thread on your own. Please start a new thread on this topic by reposting it under a new thread.

I notice that you have so far posted only one thread, titled Sri Madura Kali Amman Temple. You seem singularly reluctant to start your own new thread, giving the impression of a little kid trying to hide behind the coattails of his dad!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back